Dynadot

discuss Removing BIN prices on Afternic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

lknights1987

Established Member
Impact
Has anyone on here tried removing BIN prices for a month or 2 on Afternic? If yes did you see an increase in price requests?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Has anyone on here tried removing BIN prices for a month or 2 on Afternic? If yes did you see an increase in price requests?
you get price inquiries
that most likely won't end in a sale

you get no feedback of any kind

•••
•••
Have you tried this then ?
No sales means no quality names or not holding your names long enough, at least 5-10 years.
BIN is the only way to go for reasonably good domains.

Get a job if you solely rely on domaining and don't wait for a sale to happen, most likely it will never happen!
Domaining is high risk investing and only 1 in 500 succeds to some degree.

Last edited:
•••
Hodl mode is the best, Try selling Geo domains if you look for cash flow

•••
•••
Has anyone on here tried removing BIN prices for a month or 2 on Afternic? If yes did you see an increase in price requests?'
Within the past year, I tried without the BIN, as the the domains were parked with BIN elsewhere. Without the BIN, I did have my best sale (over 1k). Since then, I added the BIN and FT, but have had only one sale in the low XXX range.
So, for me, not having BIN appeared to work better. I am reconsidering the whole Afternic venue at this point anyhow, given the lack of sales and absolutely no way of knowing that anyone is seeing anything (unless you use their landers).

Last edited:
•••
Not much of action in any platforms lately in my case. And, most sales are impulse buys, making us put a BIN on each domain. I got 20+ requests asking me for a BIN, but I never got a request with a price in AfterNic.

Last edited:
•••
Where were the requests for the BIN coming from? And have you had any success whatsoever with Afternic?
Which platform has in general been the most successful for you?

•••
Where were the requests for the BIN coming from?
Everywhere!
I get price requests now and then,
hoping to park in AfterNic with a BIN price. I just ignore them all.
And have you had any success whatsoever with Afternic?
AfterNic is oldest brokerage firm of Godaddy.
Now Godaddy owns all great platforms from Unireg, DAN. et all, making AfterNic a dinosaur ; )
Which platform has in general been the most successful for you?
My own landing pages

Last edited:
•••
Everywhere!

Now Godaddy owns all great platforms from Unireg, DAN. et all, making AfterNic a dinosaur ; )

My own landing pages
Sent you a DM

•••
Everywhere!

My own landing pages
Hi,

Are you using a service for the landing pages or you create them yourself?

Thanks!

•••
Are you using a service for the landing pages or you create them yourself?
My own... Lightweight, faster loading versions. Thanks to Javascript.

•••
My own... Lightweight, faster loading versions. Thanks to Javascript.

are you coding the website yourself (php/javascript)? or is it using a premium wordpress template?
what's the best hosting provider do you think will serve the best this own landing page?

•••
It is currently my preferred method since I like having data to go on in case people do make offers. Most times, it won't lead anywhere, but I'll increase the min offer after each time I receive a new offer until it hits roughly around my floor price.

It has been instrumental in my highest sale to date at $8888 this year, so I'll probably keep it up cause I know that I'll shoot the moon, but in reality, I'll take a lower price for cash-flow. Just gonna let GD/AN brokers work their magic on my behalf.

•••
adding bins helps, removing, not for me

•••
You could lower your BINS a bit and see how that goes as it appears you are not getting sales with current BINS. Keep listing with Aftenic and then park the domains with EPIK. EPIK gives you the option to have BIN and a contact button co-exist on a page. If a potential buyer wants to negotiate - he/she can contact you or hit the BIN if the price is suitable.

I would keep the BINS. I think buyers prefer that overall. Unless you have some premium names and can afford to list them as make offers because such names would be in great demand.

Last edited:
•••
If you have names that have potential to sell for high 5 to 6 figures within a reasonable time frame. The names has to be good, not like the gazzilion names that many of the delusional domainers expect to sell for millions, then it makes sense to not put a BIN if you are good in negotiations. The trick then is to not use a sales lander, and just a contact me form from where you initiate negitiations, which IMO is much better than A price request lander

But you should understand that Afternic's super power is in its distribution and showing your names on registrar partners.
Without a BIN, they won't show up in the afternic network

Last edited:
•••
But you should understand that Afternic's super power is in its distribution and showing your names on registrar partners.
Without a BIN, they won't show up in the afternic network
I agree, the distribution is the key service they deliver in exchange for that 20%. Some floating inconsistent data may scare end users looking for a specific name (ie a low xxx BIN on aftenic backend published as a hi xxxx 'make offer' on Godaddy, maybe due to never updated old entries), Cyclic bugs also may demotivate potential impulsive users invalidating the 'buy now' strategy (random 'synchro errors' or items not adding to the cart depending on the browser or old cookies)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back