Dynadot

Registration question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

KingDon

Mr Big StuffVIP Member
Impact
What's the longest you can register a name for? 10 years, 20, 100, is there a limit? Can I take a domain name and register it for 100 years?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The longest available registration is 10 years from the current date.

•••
I do know you are talking about dot coms and nets and 10 is the max - but some of the other TLDs are not limited,

.TO has a 100 year limit and it's already been used by V3 I think :)

•••
100 Year Domain Registration? :) Incredible.

•••
Who are they going to pass it too?? That's ridiculous. My opinion is maybe 25 years max on all. That would make it a hell of a lot easier

•••
I should mention that V3 own www.Go.To and many others and use them for their redirection services.

•••
I have this artist named Adez who wants to buy Adez.com but he wants to make sure it stays in his family for some generations. Sounds a little crazy, but it made me wonder.

•••
100 years domains are an exageration. maybe 20 years is a good choice for a long term....

•••
•••
I'm starting to think there may be something there with family names; wouldn't you register your first or given name for 100 years if you could? The guy may be a little eccentric, but I'm starting to see his point.

•••
Back