Dynadot

advice Registering domain of a big company catchphrase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

tithidomaintrade

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

I m going to register a catchphrase domain which slipped by a big company, it's annual turnover in billions dollars.
Even I checked that the rival companies all have registered their catchphrase domains.

Please advice me, should I register this catchphrase domain? Would it fall me in any trademark conflict?

Thanks,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Even if the catchphrase is not registered as a TM they can still go after you if they want since it's been widely used and known unless said catchphrase is totally generic

I don't understand you people, why are you constantly trying to make money from other people's work?
Domaining is about helping other people *improve* their work, not steal it

•••
just check t see if it is a TM. more then likely it is. Dont be lazy and do homework first as this will save you time and money

•••
Hello,

I m going to register a catchphrase domain which slipped by a big company, it's annual turnover in billions dollars.
Even I checked that the rival companies all have registered their catchphrase domains.

Please advice me, should I register this catchphrase domain? Would it fall me in any trademark conflict?

Thanks,

Use uspto.gov to check for TM but I doubt the possibility unless it is a VERY short phrase. If it is generic enough just go ahead.

•••
It's simple enough to check. But i would use http://www.wipo.int/branddb/en/ instead of the USGOV site. WIPO is an aggregate of registered TM's from all over the world. But remember, in the end if they are big enough and you have something they want, they can simply make you defend until you give up due to costs. In other words, be careful not to kick them in the teeth and make them notice you.

•••
If in doubt probably best to leave it... There are still endless other opportunities out there at the moment :)

Good luck!!!

•••
Hello,

Thanks for the info.

I checked it on wipo.com and it's an international trademark (The catchphrase of that company)
Even, they registered it in US and England as well.
The domain slipped (catchphrase domain), What to do?

Pls advice.

thanks in tonne.

ashwin

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back