IT.COM

Register a domain, but still appears available as Premium?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jona4s

Established Member
Impact
So a domain dropped today, and I hand reg at NameSilo. Everything went fine, Whois shows all updated information, and I have access to the domain.

However, GoDaddy still displays the domain as Premium, and a box that says Time Left: 44 days.

Is it just a Godaddy thing that hasn't update it or my domain can still be reclaimed lol?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have that several times. I also want to know why that is. It must have something to do with Afternic, Godaddy-domain has been put for sale previously. Why this stays that way I alo don't know. Notice that it only happens that y see "premium" domain. NOT "registry premium domain".
Premium is in fact NOW for sale by somebody who declares it as premium (=the old meaning of premiuml : a kinda "highqualitydomain", or is named as such by the seller or the one who wants to sell.".
In the last 4 or 5 years new extantions emerged (.rocks, .top, .caino, etc...). The registries of these extentions suddenly had lists of which they call certain names "premium" (in fact they should call them "registry premium domains").
But in your case, it's not that. It's callled premium because It's highly probably that the one who dropped the domain didn't delete the domain somewhere he put it for sale.
Don't be scared, the name is yours.

But godaddy or so must be warned that the domain is now in your hands, and isn't for sale.
IWANT ALSO TO KNOW HOW THIS PARTICULAR PROBLEM KEEPS COMING UP.
But I'm sure it must have to do "previous owner put it for sale and called it premium" somewhere.

I see you're new. Welcome at NAMEPROS.
I HOPE SOMEBODY CAN SHINE A LIGHT HERE

•••
Ha, I also have this problem. Chatted with Namecheap support, they reassured me I own the domain, and said that it is listed on Afternic.

Messaged Afternic, they removed the listing..

Until the guy put it back up again, so now I am messaging them again.

•••
Please send email to go daddy support or your personal manager they will clean it. Nothing to worry it happens.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back