IT.COM

question Regged a name... 2$ a day.. what's your best random (Or not) handreg that make park money???

NameSilo
Watch

alcy

Top Member
Impact
wow.. wish I knew how to do that on regular basis!

now I just reg some names now and then for name value appeal/potential (like 99% of domainers do). and sometimes I get "lucky".. and there is park rev money... guess it always make sense to park your new regs for few days just to see.. else u will never know!!!

turns out this one is making 2$ per day on average.. though I onyl have 2 day stats so far lol

feel free to share here on this thread if this sort of stuff happen to you often? whats your best random reg like this and how much it made??? or share other stuff... or maybe your one of the few who learned the not so easy and not cheap (think monthly subscriptions to certaisn services) techniques to know what makes park money before you reg it.... feel free to share tips with the more newbie people here (for free only on this thread lol)...

well.. for now.. I guess I'll just enjoy the extra $60 per month (projection)... I hope it lasts a while! ;)

here is couple pics if u wanna check out or share your own stories or compare... I'm sure we can all learn something here from each other..

trafic type is at 98% typein trafic... and its all bodis.. maybe I try it on parking crew and or vodoo later.. what u think based on pics below about the various park companeis for this name?

hgfhgfh.JPG

gfhgfhg.JPG

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
24 hours ago I moved 80% of all my names to parking (bodis)... from sale lander... will give them try for revenue.. maybe I discover a couple more hidden gems.. but I expect nothing like the one in this thread..

so far this move made me whopping 3$ of extra revenue.. from 3-4 names. all the others produced zero revenue!

not much.. but hey.. thats 100$ per month.. and 1200$ per year!

Last edited:
•••
I've not had much luck over the past several years with Bodis when it comes to parking revenue. I used to do pretty good with Bodis back in 2010 to 2012 and briefly in late 2013 but not so much since then. Perhaps I'll test some names out at Bodis after I try them out at Voodoo first. It's strange how some names will not perform at one parking provider but will at others.

•••
I registered the domain for name value and I'm pretty sure it had no backlinks. I believe the traffic is a result of a misspell/typo of another domain that became popular after I registered my domain.

•••
Not as good as yours Alcy, but I did handreg this one for just £1.00 at FastHosts a couple of years back. It's made $138.85 in parking revenue over the past 365 days at Voodoo.

Show attachment 118716

I almost always park my domains with a sales link for a couple of months with Voodoo just to see if they make anything. Sometimes I'm surprised at what they actually make. If they don't seem to do well parking then after a couple of months I'll move them over to a sales lander on Efty, Sedo, Afternic, or Undeveloped.
N0hHcnI

Congrats! Repeat times 1000 and you have a decent middle class living.

•••
Congrats! Repeat times 1000 and you have a decent middle class living.

true... and easier said than done today...

totally doable and more... some years back!

I bet a ton of people made a small fortune just from domain parking not that many years back...
domaining was prolly even more about parkign back then than actual domain selling lol

•••
true... and easier said than done today...

totally doable and more... some years back!

I bet a ton of people made a small fortune just from domain parking not that many years back.

Yeah they did. A lot of people made thousands per day, with just a few domains. Now I think the only way is to scale - with thousands of names each making $1/day.

•••
..in meantime in galaxy near you.......
the star of this little thread of mine kept on going some more today....

rfewrtewtr.JPG

•••
Yeah they did. A lot of people made thousands per day, with just a few domains. Now I think the only way is to scale - with thousands of names each making $1/day.

yeah quite the difference isn't it

I guess (or hope) this drop in revenue is not just a way for park companies to maintain something ressembling what they were making back in the day... meaning that if they were giving you 80% of revenue back then... to make X money... they'd be giving you 20% today.. to make same X money..

but I'm pretty sure that's not the case.. and revenues jusdt dropped big time for all.

•••
still in biz on this name.... at 2-3$ per day... trafic seems stable too... can't believe this one name is making me about same revenue as the other ~30names I paid 1k for total.. here on namepros..

as for my little experiment puting all my names on bodis for testing.. there don't seem to be any gems like my threads here main name... so if I leave all my stuff there I'd probably be just making a random extra 2-3$ per day... from a random variety of different names on any given day... here are the stats of my experiment so far on my other names which were on sale landers before... since I started it 3 days ago:

ty5tytyt.JPG

Last edited:
•••
Here are stats for 1 of my domains that i hand registered and 2 renewals so far.

upload_2019-5-13_0-33-21.png

upload_2019-5-13_0-29-52.png

Its been over 3 years in domaining and I find PC to be best and paying on time so far. I tried Bodis, Uni and Voodoo and Above but decided to stick to PC as my results were better there mostly as you can see in screenshot.

upload_2019-5-13_0-39-49.png

•••
Here are stats for 1 of my domains that i hand registered and 2 renewals so far.

Show attachment 118907
Show attachment 118905

Its been over 3 years in domaining and I find PC to be best and paying on time so far. I tried Bodis, Uni and Voodoo and Above but decided to stick to PC as my results were better there mostly as you can see in screenshot.

Show attachment 118908

250$ for 3 years is pretty good

for me bodis is better.

you have nice total earning there.. 12k..... how many domains total is this for and over which total # years?

•••
how many domains total is this for and over which total # years?

Well, things have changed in the last 1 year. Earlier, I used to try parking for most of my domains.

I averaged over 500$ a month in parking for 2 years (June-2016 to May-2018) apx and then from last 1 year I am averaging just over 100$ as i shifted my focus from parking.

Still, there are over 100 parked domains but money makers are about 20 odd only.

•••
Well, things have changed in the last 1 year. Earlier, I used to try parking for most of my domains.

I averaged over 500$ a month in parking for 2 years (June-2016 to May-2018) apx and then from last 1 year I am averaging just over 100$ as i shifted my focus from parking.

Still, there are over 100 parked domains but money makers are about 20 odd only.

I see... but your total says 12k? I was wondering over how many years and how many you made this? thats a big total by most parking standards for most who try to park today.. so maybe there is something we can learn from the info you give.

also, where did you shift your focus? is it another form of monetizing.. or just forsale landers like undeveloped or others?

cheers

•••
I made these mainly in 2 years as I said, I made over 500$ per month through parking for 2 years through PC mainly.

upload_2019-5-13_10-53-11.png

As you can see in the above screenshot, It started in April, 2016. I had then only started domaining and had no clue what I was doing.

I realized that there is a way to make money by parking. So, I started looking for ways.

Thanks to Godaddy as they allowed me to test and delete about 50 domains during that time without losing a cent, so called domain tasting.

I tried many things but the one niche I made these dollars was "Pinterest" links. At that time pinterest allowed user to count number of pins. Slowly, they started changing their policies and user was no more able to count the number of pins per pics.

As you can see in Nov, 2017 I made 900$, thats the most I ever made through parking in a month. Slowly, domains with pins started to become expensive at godaddy and other auction sites. Also, I was unable to scale parking revenues further and with time I was able to learn new things.

So, since last 1 year i am no more focusing on parking but still making about 100$ monthly.

I am building my brandable portfolio as of now.

•••
I made these mainly in 2 years as I said, I made over 500$ per month through parking for 2 years through PC mainly.

Show attachment 118943

As you can see in the above screenshot, It started in April, 2016. I had then only started domaining and had no clue what I was doing.

I realized that there is a way to make money by parking. So, I started looking for ways.

Thanks to Godaddy as they allowed me to test and delete about 50 domains during that time without losing a cent, so called domain tasting.

I tried many things but the one niche I made these dollars was "Pinterest" links. At that time pinterest allowed user to count number of pins. Slowly, they started changing their policies and user was no more able to count the number of pins per pics.

As you can see in Nov, 2017 I made 900$, thats the most I ever made through parking in a month. Slowly, domains with pins started to become expensive at godaddy and other auction sites. Also, I was unable to scale parking revenues further and with time I was able to learn new things.

So, since last 1 year i am no more focusing on parking but still making about 100$ monthly.

I am building my brandable portfolio as of now.

ty for sharing.
thats spectacular stats.. way above what most people were making on average in parking at that time. of course there are always the minority exceptions who make 1000s per month too.

sounds like you found a way to do this with pintrest. I know nothing about that site.

how many names roughly you had back then during those stats? 50 or more?

just curious on your view on this: but since you say you no longer focus on parking now, do you just believe it is impossible ot accomplish such numbers today? or is it because its too hard and time consuming for you?

ty for sharing.

•••
just curious on your view on this: but since you say you no longer focus on parking now, do you just believe it is impossible ot accomplish such numbers today? or is it because its too hard and time consuming for you?

I will not use the word impossible but I would definitely say it became difficult with time to acquire domains at a reasonable price in this niche. There were very few players in this niche 3 years back, but slowly more parking players began to enter and bids became higher. Maybe in this niche I will say, it will be extremely difficult for any new comer to enter and make some money. It takes time to observe and realize potential. But there are many new niches that springs every now and then.

So, parking isnt dead and those numbers can still be achieved. But for me, its a combination of many things like time, returns, scalabilility, knowledge, control, dependency.

•••
I will not use the word impossible but I would definitely say it became difficult with time to acquire domains at a reasonable price in this niche. There were very few players in this niche 3 years back, but slowly more parking players began to enter and bids became higher. Maybe in this niche I will say, it will be extremely difficult for any new comer to enter and make some money. It takes time to observe and realize potential. But there are many new niches that springs every now and then.

So, parking isnt dead and those numbers can still be achieved. But for me, its a combination of many things like time, returns, scalabilility, knowledge, control, dependency.

ok i see
ty for extra info

im sure many like to read it also

those are spectacular numbers per month and total... at around $500 avg... given the short time etc.. its obviously way above averages for domainers in recent times from parking.. though of course there are always those (minority) who make thousands per month every month in parking..

I don't spend too much time on parking.. but like to learn about it.. but it takes me a number of revenue mname purchases from say namepros.. and then a couple lucky non revenue regs... to get to $100 per monht..

hopefully with this new lucky reg I made in this thread... I can bring it up closer to $200!!!

Last edited:
•••
hopefully with this new lucky reg I made in this thread... I can bring it up closer to $200!!!

Wish you luck. (y)

•••
jerseyswholesalexxxxxxxx.us(was sold), that I've regged for $0.10.

About $1/day.

•••
wow.. a new record set today by my name... and day isn't over

on the other hand this is also somewhat disappointment because this name alone accounts for some 80% of my revenue... and yet I paid good money for my other revenue names!

kjukiuiu.JPG

•••
i just thought about this a day ago.. discused with bodis.. they said they thought about it to but not really feasible due to lack of tracking of external links etc..

so I thought it'd be great idea to know and have stats regarding which of our ads visitors are actually clicking on

this way if u know 90% of visitors click on ad1.. you could modify keywords.. and optimize it.. to show other ads similar to ad1.. versus showing completely unrelated ads.. no one clicks on.

its too bad its not doable

•••
Any workaround for the ad-blockers killing rev?

I have some names I wanna park but the ad-blockers render it useless :(

•••
Any workaround for the ad-blockers killing rev?

I have some names I wanna park but the ad-blockers render it useless :(

no workarounds at all

everyone who parks suffers from it

they keep saying its still very small % visitors.

but no one shows exact stats.. or maybe they just got none.

I like to believe them that its only 10% or so at most... but... maybe we just wil never know the truth.

•••
meanwhile my lucky reg name is continue to be .. well.. lucky ...... which is nice...

ioiuiui.JPG

•••
meanwhile my lucky reg name is continue to be .. well.. lucky ...... which is nice...

Show attachment 119199
That's a really nice assett Alcy. This thread led me to park about 41 of those names at Bodis that I couldn't sell via outbound, and one of them is also turned out to be a humble money maker. Not quite as lucrative as yours but making about $0,50 every second-third day or so with 25% CTR.

So thanks for the inspiration, I think I'll put more effort into parking from now on. I was a total sceptic...

•••
Back