Dynadot

advice Received outbound in my day job...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

novadan5

Established Member
Impact
I was on the receiving end our an outbound prospecting email today with my day job hat on (the email went to the generic team inbox rather direct to me as the decision maker). I imagine it's from someone on here as they have a 80k+ portfolio on DAN but I won't name any names. It was really interesting because my immediate reaction was just tag it as BS/spam.

Surely the concept of using a virtual assistant to outbound for similar/misspelled domains as companies is dead? Trying to create urgency claiming GD appraisal value, and a "first to click will buy" copy just seemed very scammy from a gmail.

Having come from e-commerce and as a beginner in this world it's interesting how the lander platforms don't really give you much opportunity to own a truly modern digital marketing strategy and as a result people still use the techniques above. The concept of the likes of Alter/SH funding retargeting is great, but really it's just another way of monetising the logo creation upsell when you look into the T&Cs.

A platform that allowed you to own investment into ads and track ROAS would be a game changer! I love to see the stats from DAN/EFTY on how much traffic is generated from marketplace browsing vs direct to lander. Without the ability to retarget the direct traffic you just end up leaving so much money onto table and doing half the job.

Has anyone got any experience in using a ecom CMS to truly own the marketing full funnel?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
rofl thank you for this always wondered how outbound is looked at from the other the receiving end :D

•••
Hi

yeah, it seems so many are using the GD appraisal as a line in either trying to sell a domain or when trying to buy them, as evident in the titles of many of Domains Wanted requests

Trying to create urgency claiming GD appraisal value,

The concept of the likes of Alter/SH funding retargeting is great, but really it's just another way of monetising the logo creation upsell when you look into the T&Cs.

Hi

yeah, i saw that too

imo....

•••
Thanks for this.
Really! Good to know how the outbound thing is from an end users perspective.

What would have made you to read the message and not flag it as spam?

•••
I get on well with my IT team i passed the bs test long ago escaping their garden wall. I would get paranoid or annoyed if i see someone targeting me personally with domains through other means outside ways i offer.

Last edited:
•••
is this that BKIT person lol

•••
Back