Dynadot

offers Received an Offer for my Oldest Domain Name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello guys
I have received $5,000 offer at Godaddy for the domain name:
I S L A M Y .com (my ISLAM in Arabic)
The offer will expire today.
The domain is 23 years old, and registered in 17 other extensions.
What do you think guys: to ignore the offer or to push the domain to auction.
Your feedback with thanks.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I personally think 5K is a reasonable offer for that domain
What it always comes down to is whether you need/want the liquidity.
If you do then great, accept the offer.
If you don't, then it's up to you.
It's a gut feeling type of decision that only you can decide.

•••
It looks like the domain was pushed to auction.

•••
Perfect name
It's not only translated to "My islam" in Arabic,
But also exact match translation to "Islamic" in Arabic Language too
A very Good Domain

•••
There was a discussion about this a few years ago here.
Thanks. That link indicates that the previous buyer offer is no longer binding at GoDaddy, after a seller makes a counteroffer. So, basically GoDaddy now has the same policy as Dan and Sedo?

Last edited:
•••
Hello guys
I have received $5,000 offer at Godaddy for the domain name:
I S L A M Y .com (my ISLAM in Arabic)
The offer will expire today.
The domain is 23 years old, and registered in 17 other extensions.
What do you think guys: to ignore the offer or to push the domain to auction.
Your feedback with thanks.
Push it to auction might be good. You never asked if you should counter if you do and counter like $8,000 he might accept but you do risk losing the deal so 7-day auction might be better if your in no rush to sell and don't mind the week delay.

•••
I have aleardy replied him with a counter offer but he didn't respond.
When did you do the counter-offer?

On Sedo, if you do the counteroffer on the first bid, you can no longer push to auction at that point. Is this different on GoDaddy as well? Can you still push to auction if you are still awaiting the response to the counter-offer?

Either way, I do wish you luck with the sale.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I have pushed it to auction considering the following reasons:
- I have purchased the domain in 2014, so I think to hold the domain for more than 9-10 years is not a good idea.
- I have noticed that the domain name al-islam.com sold via Godaddy auction for $45211, so it is worth it to try.
- There are No potential end users to try to do outbound for the domain, only one extension developed which is .app.
Thank you all guys for your feedback, appreciated.

•••
Keep in mind that right now, your domain is parked at DAN, with a message that it is "buy now" for $28,500. With a search for the name on GoDaddy, it is listed for BIN at $38,500. However, there are various extensions listed on that page so someone can buy various permutations of islamy.exten for anywhere from 99 cents to about $45. l

I wonder if it would be more helpful for both to simply point directly to your auction page instead? And, at GoDaddy, wouldn't you prefer to have the very inexpensive alternatives not actively being shown?

Again, good luck with the sale.

•••
Keep us updated. It's very interesting.

•••
Keep us updated. It's very interesting.
And a very catchy domain name. Hope he gets a great price with the auction.

•••
•••
- I have purchased the domain in 2014, so I think to hold the domain for more than 9-10 years is not a good idea.
- I have noticed that the domain name al-islam.com sold via Godaddy auction for $45211, so it is worth it to try.
- There are No potential end users to try to do outbound for the domain, only one extension developed which is .app.
"to hold the domain for more than 9-10 years is not a good idea" - Agree, as 10 years ago there wasn't new gTLD, and nobody couldn't know thet there will be blockchain domains ...
So it's hard to say, even, what will be in next 5years or less

•••
Counteroffer, but it's a great name with Islam +y com

•••
I personally think 5K is a reasonable offer for that domain
What it always comes down to is whether you need/want the liquidity.
If you do then great, accept the offer.
If you don't, then it's up to you.
It's a gut feeling type of decision that only you can decide.
Godaddy appraisal shows 5K, ha-ha

•••
•••
•••
As an update, the DAN and Afternic and GD main page prices now have equalized. Before, the one was listing was around $28K and the other $38.5K. Now, both show the $38.5 BIN price.

Apparently, with the GD auction ongoing, though, the Afternic/Dan/GD main page search does not indicate that the current price through their auction is the 5K. One would wonder if it would make sense for at least the GD main domain search page would simply link to the price on the auction instead, when an auction is going on.

Perhaps that is technically difficult for them, but it might help for those who have an auction listing, and help maximize the bidding?

Again, good luck with your auction!

•••
auction ended, it's sold?

•••
•••
•••
•••
🙂

Last edited:
•••
The fund received.
Thank you all guys.

•••
Congrats! Did it sell for 5k or more?