Dynadot

offers Received a offer of $100 on Undeveloped

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mani0307

Account Suspended (Warnings)
Impact
Hi,
1 month ago i received a offer of my domain CariBox.com $100 and i countered $1000 but buyer after 30 min rejected my counter offer and again i countered $700 but 25 days passed buyer not respond and not rejected my counter offer of $700 on undeveloped can you tell me the value of caribox.com that domain i was won on godaddy auction 3 month ago amount $50.
when i check buyer i.p was showing from japan.
buyer name showing in negotiation tab is: François

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It’s a domainer who wanted it cheap. Stop countering.

•••
Since you won it on auction for 50 bucks you have collected extra 50 bucks or hold if you are not looking for quick sale.

•••
Hi,
1 month ago i received a offer of my domain CariBox.com $100 and i countered $1000 but buyer after 30 min rejected my counter offer and again i countered $700 but 25 days passed buyer not respond and not rejected my counter offer of $700 on undeveloped can you tell me the value of caribox.com that domain i was won on godaddy auction 3 month ago amount $50.
when i check buyer i.p was showing from japan.
buyer name showing in negotiation tab is: François

Thanks!
The fact he didnt even counter $50 more meant he was not serious. Your re-counter shows you were open to negotiation. No, do not sell it for $100. As to its value, its really hard to say, but I like how it sounds like "carry box". Also Box is a great keyword. Cari, I'm not sure of. But it just feels like its somewhere in the $xxx range, closer to $1000.

•••
All depends on your business strategy...

Do you want to maximize return? Or do you want to generate profits and do many transactions?

This is also where you have to do your own due dilligence on who the buyer is.

Personally, I would not be interested in the domain... unless it was dropped or was previously registered and has backlinks, etc.

Forget the name... You have an item that you bought for $50. Someone is offering you $100, doubling your money in X amount of days. You figure it out. As a "Brandable"... I would lean towards taking ANY offer which is profitable because you may be sitting on it for years before getting action.

•••
I received a 100 offer on a domain recently I countered at 2100 (but included comparable sales to back up my counter), offeror countered with 1900 and deal closed.

I do occasionally bring very low initial offers - as low as 40 - up to much high closings.

But by and large these guys who offer peanuts are not willing to go up much.

—-

All that aside, a mistake you made here is going back repeatedly with lower and lower offers. So far looks like you’ve countered only once lower but seems like you’re willing to counter again even lower.

Last edited:
•••
you want a sale, you want your price, you want a sale, you want your price... Best thing to do now is not recounter and move on and learn. Its a great domain, you priced it, someone was fishing for a quick cheap sale, didn't happen. Keep it and wait for the right sale. Good job.

•••
It is short and memorable, and that is good.
But I still not enough pro to make appraisals..

•••
Now i stop the countering and waiting a reasonable offer.

•••
I made an offer last year which was declined and sent counter out of my budget. I ignored. This person is still 13 months later sending me counter offers periodically. 😂😂🙄🙄 Nothing makes me want a domain less than desperation.

If the name is desirable another offer will come. Just be prepared with your asking price next time.

•••
There seem to be a lot of people who make a single offer in the 90-100 range and then do not respond to a counter-offer or make any further offer. That is strange if you think most people will not start by offering their full budget. So are these people who do not understand that it is a negotiation, or are there a lot of domainers out there who will only buy a domain for $100?

You'd think they'd try offering a bit more just to see what happens.

•••
I received a 100 offer on a domain recently I countered at 2100 (but included comparable sales to back up my counter), offeror countered with 1900 and deal closed.

I do occasionally bring very low initial offers - as low as 40 - up to much high closings.

But by and large these guys who offer peanuts are not willing to go up much.

—-

All that aside, a mistake you made here is going back repeatedly with lower and lower offers. So far looks like you’ve countered only once lower but seems like you’re willing to counter again even lower.

I’ve made a few similar deals. There are some end users out there trying to throw out low ball offers, just to test or see ”how desperate” the seller is.

However, most low ball offers that I receive is from domainers. I then usually reply that I simply don’t sell for resale prices, except domains that I will drop.

•••
Had a few low ballers on undeveloped from end users, they really have no idea.

One example:

Their multi million dollar business is smart /// books ////online andthey wanted the 3 L .co

Highest they would go was $700, got to laugh really, plenty more fish in the sea.

•••
Thanks for this discussion.

•••
I sometimes wonder if these people are just trying to price their domains and want to see what the competition are asking.

It still makes no sense to me to make just one offer. If your max was $100 why not offer $75 to start? Or are these automated bidbots?

•••
The best way to prevent fellow domain investors to test your domain names with $10 offer is to make your minimum offer $500 or $1000. Just copy what serious companies or registries are doing ,no one will start negotiation with you if you start your offer with $10.

I have now all my names with $1000 minimum offer,, I can happily live without all that bs which comes when this minimum threshold is lowered :)

•••
The best way to prevent fellow domain investors to test your domain names with $10 offer is to make your minimum offer $500 or $1000. Just copy what serious companies or registries are doing ,no one will start negotiation with you if you start your offer with $10.

I have now all my names with $1000 minimum offer,, I can happily live without all that bs which comes when this minimum threshold is lowered :)

Is there a setting to bulk edit and set this minimum offer on all domains at once?

•••
Is there a setting to bulk edit and set this minimum offer on all domains at once?
There is a default option in Account Settings, where you can set your minimum offer to specific amount :)

•••
There is a bulk edit option but you don't see it until you check mark the box for selecting all domains in your portfolio, then you can set the same min offer for all your domains (or the ones that are still check marked.)

It would have been better if the bulk edit option wasn't hidden like this. IMO

Last edited:
•••

How do you deal with all those who think that the $1000 is the actual price that they can get the domain for, I was thinking that it might be better to also include a higher buy it now price. IMO

•••
How do you deal with all those who think that the $1000 is the actual price that they can get the domain for, I was thinking that it might be better to also include a higher buy it now price. IMO
It is pretty clear that it is minimum offer to start negotiation for most people. I had of course cases when someone submitted 1000 just to "get in touch"...it happens, but not very frequently, as those are (in theory) legal binding offers.

Still, much better then to get tons of $10 offers which leads nowhere. Some bariers to stupid people are needed, imo.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back