IT.COM

Rebel.com opinions?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TravisS

The Duke of YorkEstablished Member
Impact
Their deals on transfers are certainly enticing. I maxed out a couple of theirs around the beginning of last year. It was a nightmare to get it done, to put it plainly. Mostly my fault on waiting till the last minute with a few, yada, yada. Support did come through, and were great to work with. It turned all for the better.

But....

any one else get the feeling that maybe their names aren't that secure(~dramatically speaking)? I understand business is business, but 2 factor authentication or lack there of. Which, while a problem in itself, is a bit compounded by the fact that support has clearly received the message per their forums, but ownership protection and expiry protection, etc. which is a nice up sale of a product group seem to be fairly decent selling points on their behalf. All a little convoluted. And I might bite on it...if it wasn't ~$18 or ~$19, etc., per year/PER DOMAIN. Yikes. Why not just a flat fee? I held off on transferring names to them, not saying that my business even matters, but...a little leery you could say. And in their backend/interface, control panel, whatever you wanna call it, it drives me nuts haha. I feel like 1 misclick, and I'll be signed up for something different. It's a mine field lol. Still like you guys thus far (if anyone from rebel is reading ;) lol), just curious on opinions. For the most part, indifferent I suppose. Not enough experience, to make a judgement call.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
good place
no probs.
confusing interface a bit.
especially contact manager aftr you do some transfers to them. it gets crowded with all sorts of duplicate contacts etc. I never saw a contact manager this confusing.

also, just discovered this about auto renewals.. so anyone with rebel.. make sure you remember this REAL good so u avoid issues with domains you never wanted to renew.. or want to transfer out etc..

http://kb.rebel.com/knowledgebase/articles/475580-what-happened-to-the-auto-renewal-manager-and-can

Last edited:
•••
@Steve Dufresne Does rebel have an active presence on namepros? - have an issue I could do with help with

•••
I'm very disappointed with Rebel lately. A few weeks ago I tried to transfer some domains out and I needed them escalated as they expired in 4 days. They took nearly 4 days to get an answer from their reseller. This is now apparent that they are just reselling and have to rely on enom or someone.

Now in the last few days I tried to transfer an .info out but the auth code is corrupt. Again I'm waiting for days to get this sorted out, haven't even got the proper auth code yet and it expires in a day or so. Glad this is my last domain I have with them, will not be using them again anytime soon.

Last edited:
•••
Still waiting for this mob now nearly a week, As I mentioned they sent me a corupt auth code, it took them about 4 days to get that, then they give it to me and now say I have to wait till later this week for it to be transferred. I asked them about 4 days ago to approve it before today as it expires on 21 of May (yesterday now). Now it has expired and I have been sending emails for them to approve it now for about a week and they just say they are waiting to hear back from their manager. My domain has now expired,

this is some of my last ever email to these idiots,.

... never to use your pathetically useless service and I will also let Icann know what a amateur outfit you run. I will not forget this

MY DOMAIN HAS NOW EXPIRED AND IVE BEEN WAITING NEARLY A WEEK FOR YOU IDIOTS TO TRANSFER IT AFTER YOU BOTCHED UP MY AUTH CODE, WHAT SORT OF BUSINESS DO YOU RUN, WHAT A JOKE????

I just talked to the register I'm transferring to and they say it shows it will not be transferred until the 26th now, just unbelievable, that is about 10 days after I started the transfer at Rebel, This domain is about 10 years old, now it's ^#$%%^^$D as it will now show as expired in the history.

Last edited:
•••
Rebel, once a name expires they want a recovery fee. They.suck

•••
Still no reply from them. I have started to prepare a viral awareness campaign to let others know of their dodgy practices.

•••
I still have quite a few names there, and used to get great service from Dominique Julien <[email protected]>

Havent contacted her for about 6 months, so not sure if still an employee there, but send her an email, like I said i got great service through her. I simply think the interface sucks, changing contact info is a nightmare and they wanted $5 extra day after name expired, so I said eff em and feed em fish eyes

I also recently went through cira link, twice, and got hosed for $17 each per .ca(2) , supposed to be $1 but I did get $12 each refunded. Previously used
They said they wouldn't do that again, well same goes here.
Send Dominique an email, they are eastern time Canada, it is stat holiday here today, so they open in 11 hours 40 minutes. Chat has always been effective for me also

•••
Thanks for the idea. Well I really do not want to ask for their help anymore and it will be just another day I hope before it is transferred in the 5 days since they refuse to expedite it, I just will not have anything to do with this mob ever again. Even if they offer $1 domains I will stay away like the plague. Anyway, it seems the domain will not lose it's age which is the most important thing as I asked about on this thread.

•••
In 1 august i initiated transfer out and approved LLL.CO from Rebel.com to Namesilo. Today i received an email from Rebel about cancelled domain, because expired in 5 august. Who knows the rules of ICANN, will transfer be completed to Namesilo?

•••
contact namesilo support via there website they usually reply in 30 min @namesilo
rebel is hurting registrar

•••
Rebel takes the full 5 days, plus maybe 2 to transfer, so if it expired today it should go through

•••
@elmoney - contact Rebel support ASAP, my guess is that it was an automatically generated email notice that was sent without recognizing that you had already initiated a transfer. Request that they Fast/Force approve the Transfer Away immediately - I request fast/force approve for every transfer and they have done it every time

You can look back at the approval email and see what date the transfer would have completed on it's own

And you can look at or post the whois ICANN codes under "Status"

nSilo won't be able to do anything they are just the gaining registrar

edit posting at same time:
@MasterOfMyDomains is correct, if you don't ask them to speed it up they take the max and you should be fine anyway

Last edited:
•••
Good luck getting action from rebel on a weekend. At least namesilo can look at icann codes to see if anything is wrong. It should also say in namesilo transfer section date it should be completed by.

•••
Whois Info:

•••
that's what we were hoping for : thumbs up :

you can still request (if you can get through to support) if they can just complete it manually

Any place that doesn't have a way for me to fast/force approve, I do by request. Just knowing it can be done in 15 minutes, find it silly to wait 5 days
/OT rant

•••
I read ICANN rules - registrar is required to release a domain within 30 days after the expiration.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back