djasmine

Established Member
Impact
I would appreciate an appraisal of this domain name reallife*vc
I bought this domain 2 days ago
I bought it based on these couple of reasons:
1- an estimated value on GoDaddy of 25000 USD
2- 146 other extensions registered under this domain
3- when I search on name*com I found that reallife*xyz is selling for 65K USD and reallife*net for 22k USD
so please could you give an estimation of this domain
is this domain worth this price
how can I appraise the exact price of the domain ! are there any tools; websites or anything useful!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Go to namebio.com and look at .vc extension and see if there are sales for 2 words .vc
Good luck

•••
list it for 100$ and hope for the best can't see the name selling for more

•••
Btw just to let you know. VC stands for Venture Capital. Does it go well with the rest?

•••
@djasmine Maybe I am misunderstanding something here but I get a GoDaddy Appraisal at 256$ (not 25,000$ - this is the GD Value for the .com I guess).

In terms of value I find this one tricky. RealLife is a great Two-Word for sure but together with .vc I don't see the obvious connection to fetch high dollars. .vc (for me at least) is great for Venture Capital firms and RealLife isn't to much of a great match for a VC Firm as a name nor a term connected to Venture Capital.

Not sure what you paid but I guess X or XX for it. I would price it around low-XXX or high-XX and cross fingers to make something on it.

•••
rule 1.. flush all appraisal tools with yer poop next time u do it. godaddy and all others.

rule 2.. if new ask b4 buy not after.

rule 3.. it took us all 100s and 1000s hours.of learning b4 we knew about domains. u will not be an exception.

yer welcome

•••
Agree @alcy about valuation tools even though I do not see it as dark (black/white). Valuation tools serve as a benchmark / measuring stick alongside multiple other metrics like ext taken, prev sales, names developed etc. You should never depend on just one and you should never buy something you don’t think can sell nor understand.

•••
Agree @alcy about valuation tools even though I do not see it as dark (black/white). Valuation tools serve as a benchmark / measuring stick alongside multiple other metrics like ext taken, prev sales, names developed etc. You should never depend on just one and you should never buy something you don’t think can sell nor understand.

no they dont. and u only.say because u are domaining for a year. it's not insult its fact.

again flush all appraisal tools.with poop. do not look back or.ask why. like u do never ask why u flush poop

•••
no they dont. and u only.say because u are domaining for a year. it's not insult its fact.

again flush all appraisal tools.with poop. do not look back or.ask why. like u do never ask why u flush poop
I will be humble and say that I hear and let me get back in a few years to see what I say then :). To be clear, I see appraisal tools as just one guiding metric - the value does not matter in itself but put against eachother they give some guidance I would say - at least for a newbie. You must agree though that looking at valuation tools (as one of many metrics) for newbies is a way to understand domains relative strength?

PS: The reason for flushing poop is obvious and humanity learned that the hard way when cities grew in the 1800s. Also one of the reasons why it is illegal to poop (or pie) outdoors ;)

•••
I will be humble and say that I hear and let me get back in a few years to see what I say then :). To be clear, I see appraisal tools as just one guiding metric - the value does not matter in itself but put against eachother they give some guidance I would say - at least for a newbie. You must agree though that looking at valuation tools (as one of many metrics) for newbies is a way to understand domains relative strength?

PS: The reason for flushing poop is obvious and humanity learned that the hard way when cities grew in the 1800s. Also one of the reasons why it is illegal to poop (or pie) outdoors ;)

look it's real simple..the only.reason people look at tools.is cause they have not been domaining long enuf to know value

which would all be good and dandy if those tools had some accuracy. which thye dont.

this is why as I said.it all always boil down to how long we domain for..

we all need 100s and 1000s of hours to understand domains
.. when we do we do not care for tools... however this does not mean we should care for em beforehand

I suggest u keep.learning about domains in other ways... np..namebio etc.. tools arent helpful.. only.misleading and harmful

•••
I agree about the values they show, they are ridiculous and I guess that the more you domain the less more you understand by yourself. I stand by my point though as a newbie that they sometimes give me guidance in terms of relative grading of names A vs name B - eg is singular better than plural for word X. In that case values mean nothing but relevance makes me learn / understand some.

•••
I agree about the values they show, they are ridiculous and I guess that the more you domain the less more you understand by yourself. I stand by my point though as a newbie that they sometimes give me guidance in terms of relative grading of names A vs name B - eg is singular better than plural for word X. In that case values mean nothing but relevance makes me learn / understand some.

nope. newbie or not.. they are never accurate. and if ever they are it is by pure random chance.

like when u call a scammer astrologer on tv.. and he tells.u yer horoscope and it has some truth to u... it is by random fool chance...

but because u new u disagree and think there is any use to those tools

•••
@djasmine Maybe I am misunderstanding something here but I get a GoDaddy Appraisal at 256$ (not 25,000$ - this is the GD Value for the .com I guess).

In terms of value I find this one tricky. RealLife is a great Two-Word for sure but together with .vc I don't see the obvious connection to fetch high dollars. .vc (for me at least) is great for Venture Capital firms and RealLife isn't to much of a great match for a VC Firm as a name nor a term connected to Venture Capital.

Not sure what you paid but I guess X or XX for it. I would price it around low-XXX or high-XX and cross fingers to make something on it.
Yeah, I forgot to mention that ''25k is the estimated value of name*com on GoDaddy. thank you so much for your time

•••
No worries and sorry for the derailed discussion :)

•••
•••
rule 1.. flush all appraisal tools with yer poop next time u do it. godaddy and all others.

rule 2.. if new ask b4 buy not after.

rule 3.. it took us all 100s and 1000s hours.of learning b4 we knew about domains. u will not be an exception.

yer welcome
Since I am learning from my mistakes, I'm asking how things should be done in a correct way ... thank you so much for your time I appreciate it

•••
Btw just to let you know. VC stands for Venture Capital. Does it go well with the rest?

I bought the domain focusing on other factors and completely forgot about the most important one lol...

•••
•••
Agree with what's already been said before. Hard sell, IMO

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back