Dynadot

discuss Real opportunity OR SCAM??

NameSilo
Watch

Zameer24x7

Established Member
Impact
Hi,

Yesterday I got an inquiry mail for one of my newly registered domain name Analytree.com. The guy who sent the mail claimed he is a domain broker and he has a buyer who is interested to buy this name for his upcoming project. The broker thinks as per his experience this name has a potential and he will try to sell this name between 15,000$-20,000$ to his client. As per his words the buyer will happily pay the appraised value, but he require certificate of the appraised value from an independent authority (not from my broker or auction site).

For this certificate broker will suggest me the best source where I can get a good valuation for my name.

I have tried to verify his domainname from his mail id [email protected] and I am lending to https://www.123-reg.co.uk/ page.

Is it a real business opportunity or a phishing scam?? Plsssss Advice.

Regards,
Zameer
KingSizeDomains

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
It's the classic appraisal scam. Once you pay for the appraisal from his source he will vanish. There is no buyer.

Do not give them a dime. Instead tell him if the client wants a paid appraisal carried out for the domain, they will have to do it themselves. You won't hear back.

•••
This is an appraisal scam that's very common and will happen to most domainers at some point. As stated above, they will get you to pay for an appraisal and then the supposed buyer will not buy the domain.

The good thing is that you came here to ask this rather than jumping on the deal. Always try to ask others opinions and for help if you aren't sure about something.

Good Luck

•••
when ever you think a fool woke up today to send you a ridiculous amount of money for a sh*ty domain

the other guy is not the fool ;)

•••
•••
•••
"domain appraisal scam" - google it

•••
Scam. Got this email as well in the past.

He's pointing his domain 123-reg-co-uk.info to the real https://www.123-reg.co.uk/ to fool you.

I simply replied with, "This is a scam. If the buyer wants the domain appraised, he can do it himself".

I never heard back.

Beware: I got another one of these appraisal scam emails this week from a supposed 'lawyer' at Hostgator. I reported the matter to Hostgator abuse.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back