IT.COM

Rant to Brandbucket

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Heres a rant to brand bucket and to Michael krell (brandbucket ambassador) for declining names I've submitted to list with them and then when I did not renew it Michael picks up the name and lists it on BB..

Poor form sir

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Heres a rant to brand bucket and to Michael krell (brandbucket ambassador) for declining names I've submitted to list with them and then when I did not renew it Michael picks up the name and lists it on BB..

Poor form sir
Then please name the domains so your claim can be validated.

In your opening post you said "names". How often has this happened to you?

Last edited:
•••
Then please name the domains so your claim can be validated.

In your opening post you said "names". How often has this happened to you?
I'd like to go through my full list of rejected names before I can supply an accurate list of names that this has happened with. It's not just 1 I'm sure.

•••
Last time I checked I was at 52...

•••
•••
BB exists because of domainers. Their model to sell crap names for 2-4k range does not work if u need to renew them. They let domainers buy domains, renew them and also pay $10 to list. They are the only site that charges $10 to list the name ( its a scam by itself). Godaddy, Namejet, Sedo, afternic and even flippa for non auction listings charge zero. 99% of domainers lose money with BB. They charge ridicilious 30% plus logo fees! This is just insane. They have new policy. SEND Them names before u register them!! Now we know why, so they can register them first if they like them :)

•••
BB exists because of domainers. Their model to sell crap names for 2-4k range does not work if u need to renew them. They let domainers buy domains, renew them and also pay $10 to list. They are the only site that charges $10 to list the name ( its a scam by itself). Godaddy, Namejet, Sedo, afternic and even flippa for non auction listings charge zero. 99% of domainers lose money with BB. They charge ridicilious 30% plus logo fees! This is just insane. They have new policy. SEND Them names before u register them!! Now we know why, so they can register them first if they like them :)

Your analysis is flawed.

There are many sellers on BB that are making a killing - me included.

•••
Your analysis is flawed.

There are many sellers on BB that are making a killing - me included.
Most domainers lose money with BB,its a fact. We do not know if u making stuff up or telling the truth, but stats speak for themselves.

•••
This thread is about BB stealing people's names anyway. Are you one of the guys who steals people's names @Justin Matmor ?

•••
This thread is about BB stealing people's names anyway. Are you one of the guys who steals people's names @Justin Matmor ?

Matmor has a special role of attacking anyone that might express any concerns about BB. Kind of anti-ambassador. For that, possibly, he is rewarded with better sales. I can't see how otherwise he makes 1 sale a month on 120 names.

•••
Name rejected (for seller), same name accepted (for BB staff member) listed and sold.

Doesn't have to be multiple names.
When I read OP's post I understoood that this was a rant about one specific name.
Lesson: name(s) can be rejected, then picked up by and accepted (for BB staff) later on.

•••
A real POS if he is doing this. @brandbucket and if he is not he needs to come on this thread and say so. If true there is NO WAY you can deal with BrandBucket.

•••
are you sure that michael was the one who rejected the name? what if he never even saw it when it was submitted...

•••
are you sure that michael was the one who rejected the name? what if he never even saw it when it was submitted...
Nothing has been substantiated yet.

•••
•••
I have the list somewhere. No, I am not going to post it here. The latest one is nourishy, best one is agreea, rhiino sold, etc.

•••
...They have new policy. SEND Them names before u register them!! Now we know why, so they can register them first if they like them :)
Yeah, I had a jolly good laugh when BB came out with that new "improvement" back in January! :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

•••
This issue has surfaced on the forum at various times in the past few years.

When MK was a BB ambassador/seller (he now works for BB), he actively bought names in NP auctions, many of which were BB rejected, and then proceeded to list them with BB. Regular sellers were obviously very unhappy with MK being able to buy BB rejected names and list them for sale at BB a few weeks/months later.

•••
This whole BrandBucket situation just....

giphy.gif

Stinks

•••
I closed my account at BB a year ago, one of the best decisions in my domain "career" :)

•••
The fact is all domains you do any business with them (even rejects) get put on lists and the lists constantly get ran for newly availables (knowing domainers tend to trim) . And if they like it at the moment they reg it. Domains look prettier if you get ALL the profit.

•••
The fact is all domains you do any business with them (even rejects) get put on lists and the lists constantly get ran for newly availables (knowing domainers tend to trim) . And if they like it at the moment they reg it. Domains look prettier if you get ALL the profit.

The fact is there is a conflict of interest and it is immoral to act on conflict of interest.

They reject in average 8-9 out of 10 submissions. Many people take it at face value and assume that their domain is worthless. You can see this in discuss BB rejects thread, where people go on and rationalize why the name is bad one because it was rejected.

Then BB manager goes in and swoops names that people dropped because they trusted BB opinion and got disenchanted with their selection and rightfully feel completely cheated when they found the name was not bad after all.

And it would be easy for BB insider to do this. Just take the list of BB rejects from database and regularly run it to check against soon to drop lists and backorder the ones you like. Cuts your searching work by a lot!

•••
This is an unfortunate story but it's not that unusual in our industry.

Thousands of names are purchased (and regged) every day that were previously owned by other domainers. Some of those names sell on the same platform that they were listed on previously.

A month ago someone sold a name on BB that BB had rejected when I submitted it and which I had let expire. Ouch!! So, hey man, I feel your pain.

But it happens. There is nothing intentional or sinister about it. Krell doesn't track rejected names. I guarantee he was not aware of the prior owner when he picked it up in the exp/closeouts.

As you know, sellers may resubmit rejected names for review after 9 months because sometimes trends change. I have had many rejects that were later accepted upon re submission. I know many others have had the same experience.

Again, its sucks. But It's just the incestuous nature of our industry. Domains get passed around and we all buy them hoping we'll be the one holding the domain when that end user comes a knockin.

Good luck with your future sales, my friend! (whatever platform you choose) :)

•••
There has always been buzz about insider portfolios getting special treatment, this hands down shows that assumption is very true.

I don't know why you guys stand in line to hand over 30 percent, or whatever it is now, if someone wants your name, they will find you on a direct lander, when you have 30% to play with, more deals get completed.

If brandbucket does not have domainers, it does not have a business, might as well call it KrellBucket

•••
The reason domainers play the BB game is that there is a certain type of end user that does the simpleton method of selecting a brand name. (i.e. Have a need, go to google, go to that friendly BB site, search through their names and see sqiggglydoodoo.com and credit card hit that sucker ifor $4k)

A domainer would have absolutely Zero exposure to these particular endusers if they don't do BB.

Having enduser come up with their domain idea all on their own is a different situation

•••
The reason domainers play the BB game is that there is a certain type of end user that does the simpleton method of selecting a brand name. (i.e. Have a need, go to google, go to that friendly BB site, search through their names and see sqiggglydoodoo.com and credit card hit that sucker ifor $4k)

A domainer would have absolutely Zero exposure to these particular endusers if they don't do BB.

Having enduser come up with their domain idea all on their own is a different situation
I get this point, but insiders are just using all this traffic to push their own portfolios.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back