IT.COM

domains Quik․com Marketplace Launches Minting of NFT Domain Names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
Quik.com has launched a platform, touted as “the world’s top blockchain marketplace for NFT domains,” that enables users to purchase and sell blockchain-based domain names, including an advanced search system where users can browse specific listings.

“We aim to harbor creative NFT domain names for the internet of tomorrow,” said the founders of Quik when sharing their intention behind the project.

The Quik ecosystem is designed as a gateway into Web 3.0. The platform seeks to help businesses move away from the centralized Web 2.0 towards Web 3.0, a permissionless and permanent future of the internet. It will allow us to reclaim the lost freedom when we transited from Web 1.0 to Web 2.0.

read more (bitcoin.com) / quik nft-dn

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice try. But I think they have to do a lot more than just selling 2nd level domains than 5 top level domains. We need to be able to create top level domains. IMHO.

Last edited:
•••
We need to be able to create top level domains.

Handshake (HNS) is what you're looking for. You can sell your own SLDs. Already many available via Namecheap, Porkbun, and others.

•••
Handshake (HNS) is what you're looking for. You can sell your own SLDs. Already many available via Namecheap, Porkbun, and others.

Where is their website for buying new SLD's

•••
so beer..eth was it...sold for a lot.. tho not sure of roi and initial cost? but sad truth of these blockchain names is that 99.9% people and names are 2nd rate unsellable money grabs.

prove me wrong. that avg joe like me can own quality name like beer..well at least common 1worder...for good low.price... and thus have some reasonable roi chance.

•••
Handshake is selling unregged domains in 5 different SLD's, like .bitcoin for about $160. Not a bad price. The few I selected were all available. I didn't bite though. Why? Where is the market? You buy and you get stuck with. Not exactly the qualities needed by a domain trader. Most want liquidity. something.bitcoin isn't the most desirable domain. IMHO.

•••
They should have just launched on a blockchain domain only if they're so good.

Last edited:
•••
last year ,i remember they the " quick.com " said they will focus on cloud tech.
hah, so ....

•••
Bunch of trademarks on their choice of name Quik.

Its truly amazing how many newcomers think they know domains simply because they are familiar with crypto and nfts. Never heard of any of them.

•••
So the marketplace for blockchain domains is set up on a traditional .com?

•••
•••
So the marketplace for blockchain domains is set up on a traditional .com?

That wasn't my impression. But I never did try to buy a something@blockchain domain.

•••
quik.com yet so slow loading up all the nfts on my end...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back