Dynadot

Question about using a name with a brend

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Steger13

Established Member
Impact
Hi, can we use example, say i want to use sony and will have a domain name with sony name, can we do that?
Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
short answer no, long answer, noooooooo
why take the risk?

imo....

•••
Brend (disambiguation)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Brend is a river in Bavaria.

Sure you can use your name, I'm sure the other folks using the river won't mind. :xf.grin:

If you meant Brand... then prob not a good idea at all.

Last edited:
•••
Make your own brand. Sony sill sue you.

•••
short answer no, long answer, noooooooo
why take the risk?

imo....
Ah ok was just a question, i didn't know if we couldbor not. Like say vrfacebook, things like that.

•••
•••
Sony was just an example.
I know, but all brands will protect their names, such as microsoft, apple, google and so on...

Isn't that what you are asking? If you can use an established brand name along with your name.. like SonyVentures.com, SonySteger.com etc...

Last edited:
•••
Aren't there websites developed that in brand domains for SEO purposes? For example.

Amazon sells Nike,Dell,iPods etc,etc

Wouldn't these companies be more than happy to allow Amazon to own Nikesneakers.com and point it to

Amazon.com/Nike.html? ?

I mean ultimately Nike will be the winner as it's helping it's customers get a domain or seo "edge" to sell it's products.

Or do these big companies really just can't be reasoned with?

•••
Aren't there websites developed that in brand domains for SEO purposes? For example.

Amazon sells Nike,Dell,iPods etc,etc

Wouldn't these companies be more than happy to allow Amazon to own Nikesneakers.com and point it to

Amazon.com/Nike.html? ?

I mean ultimately Nike will be the winner as it's helping it's customers get a domain or seo "edge" to sell it's products.

Or do these big companies really just can't be reasoned with?
It can be risky for them I think. Once they allow people to use their name..customers will think t's the official brand when it's not. So if a seller on amazon has questionable business practices then that can affect nike etc.. That's why it's called "brand protection".... they can gain money as you stated, but they can lose way more if they allow it and get sued or get their reputation soiled. They want to control their own image. I'm sure nike don't have a problem selling sneakers.

•••
Sony might get offended by you selling Sony JellyBabies. As I said in the Olympiqs thread. It's the ones with the deepest pockets which usually win.

•••
Incidental inclusion is the only option but still very risky. For example, I have nudiebay. It includes *bay but they decided to leave me be.

So if you had Liasony.com. It might be okay.

•••
I know, but all brands will protect their names, such as microsoft, apple, google and so on...

Isn't that what you are asking? If you can use an established brand name along with your name.. like SonyVentures.com, SonySteger.com etc...

Yes that was my question thanks now i know.

•••
Incidental inclusion is the only option but still very risky. For example, I have nudiebay. It includes *bay but they decided to leave me be.

So if you had Liasony.com. It might be okay.

Ah okay, i see...nice. Thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back