IT.COM

Question about a reseller acct.

NameSilo
Watch
If you have a Reseller account with certain services/features that you have had for years.
With one of the features being the ability to host 50 domains.

Is it normal practice for the main company
to change their packages [reducing the services/features - from 50 to 25 domain slots]
and charge $3 more a month?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If anything, as hosting gets more competitive and cheaper, plans tend to expand not get smaller. I have used several hosts and have never had that happen to me.

However, in my opinion even if a company decides to make new plans, it's good customer service to "grandfather" in the older plans (if they are better) with your existing customers to maintain loyalty.

Otherwise it may be time to look for a new host.

•••
Reality?
Yes.
But they should give you plenty of notice so that you can beg, whine and cry to keep the rates you have, etc.
Or to give you plenty of time to tell them to get lost as you find another host company that has what you want at the price you want.

•••
I would move to a new hosting company.

•••
If they allow for service/plan changes in their TOS then they can do this. Most hosts will have something to the effect of "We can make changes at any time to our plans/pricing" in their TOS/AUP. However, it's very bad form to not grandfather your current clients to the old rates/plans.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back