IT.COM

Purchasing domains for traffic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I've never bought a domain from Sedo, but I've been tossing around the idea and thought I'd get some feedback.

Have any of you bought a domain from Sedo, or anywhere else, strictly for the traffic, and then place the domain at a parking site? Any guidlines to use on how much to pay for a certain amount of traffic?

And how accurate are the traffic details on Sedo?

Thanks for any feedback.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Traffic details are not reliable unfortunately, too easy to fake them.

However, some of the more 'reasonable' traffic amounts I tend to find reliable.

IOW, don't try to buy 10,000 uniques a month from SEDO, but if there's a reasonably priced 40-100 uniques, it very well might be worthwhile to park it elsewhere.

-Allan

•••
If you want domains for traffic, you can contact me. I have some unregistered ovt w/ext names available. I have not bought from sedo before, but i wouldn't suggest it as it wil be more expensive than it should be usually

•••
I think Sedo's domains are overpriced

•••
pimpdaddy said:
I think Sedo's domains are overpriced

It's not "sedo's domains" that are overpriced, as each individual user prices their own.

-Allan

•••
I've found purchasing domains for traffic to be very risky. The more stats you have to analyze the better, but then comes the saying, current traffic and revenue doesn't guarantee future traffic or returns. Thus, buyer beware.

Generating traffic through development and search engine optimization is a great idea, however, and the effort is worth more, I believe, than the expense in buying other names for their traffic potential.

Just a $.02 though. Good luck with whatever decision or purchases you make!

Andrew

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back