IT.COM

discuss Purchase enquiry submitted via my hosting provider

NameSilo
Watch

Kuffy

Name StagTop Member
Impact
I've just received a purchase enquiry for one of my names via my hosting provider. This is the first time this has happened to me, although I suspect it may not be an uncommon occurance. The domain is a site that I intended to use to promote a major site oif mine, and it is for the American term related to the main site ( which is the UK name). I have responded with an offer price, as there may be better ways to drive UK traffic. I started this thread to remind people not to make the mistake that I made. That was not having a link to my domain name sales site. I believe that one of the best sources of sales enquiries is the domain itself. Even if the potential customer doesn't choose that name in the end, then he may select one of your other names. Don't forget to include an affiliate link to the hosting service you use as well. If he is purchasing a domain name, he may not have arranged hosting yet, and you could collect a small payment if he goes with your hosting suggestion. This applies even if he purchases someone else's name. Following the same logic, you should include an afffiliate link to your registrar. Whilst the affiliate commissions are likely to be fairly small, they do mount up, and help to pay your renewal fees.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That means the buyer tracked your hosting provider via Whois?

•••
Yes, the name server URLs are not privacy protected. I don't think that is a problem though, as the other details can still be used via privacy guardian.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back