IT.COM

advice Pros and cons of renting out a domain name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I rented out one domain name about 10 years ago. It worked out all right. I made more than $600 on the domain over a years time. It was nothing remarkable and a name I can't even remember. I had it up for sale. It never sold and eventually the renter stopped renting it. He was just testing the name for the market and nothing significant ever happened. This domain business can be a funny business at times.

•••
Domain name renting is not a viable option for businesses or individuals as the trends in technology and business change over time. Companies and individuals need to ensure that they are able to keep up with the ever-changing trends and make sure that their business plans are able to evolve with the times.

•••
Most likely it will leave the domain sitting forever. That is one of cons, why renting a domain name is not a viable option for little gain.
But everyone has a different standpoint.
I have never rented and not be renting in near future because i don't see it worth doing.

•••
Back