Dynadot

sales Prophetic.com Sold For $60,000 USD

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

silentg

DomainRetail.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
that's like a 20k name on good day

•••
I don't think so. I think the seller has undersold it.
TLD Registered Count: 87.
Screenshot 2024-06-20 at 09.23.05.png

•••
Show attachment 258320

doesnt matter how many companies there are. except when they file tm against u. I'm talking name quality. which is basically crap and low end 1word.

•••
Show attachment 258320
I dont care —never care- about # exts registered.
Talk to me about # of exts developed.
That would be more prophetic.

10 undeveloped is equal to 1 developed for me. Perhaps, 20…

Last edited:
•••
doesnt matter how many companies there are. except when they file tm against u. I'm talking name quality. which is basically crap and low end 1word.
This is why generic domains are so valuable. It doesn't matter if you have a trademark, it's impossible to argue that the domain itself was acquired in bad faith unless you have extensive evidence to prove it.

As far as prophetic.com being a good or bad domain name. It's obviously not as good as prophet.com. But the latter is a mid-high six, maybe even seven figure domain. And judging by the number of companies that go by the brand Prophetic, I think high five-figure price-point is warranted.

Because these companies are going to pay more for not owning <their brand>.com than hey would paying high five-figures for it.

•••
This is why generic domains are so valuable. It doesn't matter if you have a trademark, it's impossible to argue that the domain itself was acquired in bad faith unless you have extensive evidence to prove it.

As far as prophetic.com being a good or bad domain name. It's obviously not as good as prophet.com. But the latter is a mid-high six, maybe even seven figure domain. And judging by the number of companies that go by the brand Prophetic, I think high five-figure price-point is warranted.

Because these companies are going to pay more for not owning <their brand>.com than hey would paying high five-figures for it.

generic won't always save u from tm. but all in all I guess that's a well known fact that companies aren't about name quality and are mostly clueless about that and thus also about name value etc. alot of dn sales are between domainers and almost none here would pay this money for prophetic. and finding company to buy at 75k for it is longshot and rare.

•••
1) It boggles my mind why some domainers are so eager to talk down the value of domains and shoot themselves (and all of us) in the foot.
2) This neurotech company was already called Prophetic (not PropheticAI) when they operated under propheticai.co. Why would they upgrade to any other domain name than prophetic.com?

•••
generic won't always save u from tm.
For all intents and purposes it is, because they'd have to prove that you registered it in bad faith.

but all in all I guess that's a well known fact that companies aren't about name quality and are mostly clueless about that and thus also about name value etc.
I don't like Prophetic too much either, but that's because I'm somewhat of a perfectionist and Prophet is better. So Prophetic becomes "second place" in my mind.

But if there are businesses competing for this brand, then high five figures is definitely warranted.

alot of dn sales are between domainers and almost none here would pay this money for prophetic. and finding company to buy at 75k for it is longshot and rare.
Yes. But that's because another investor is taking on a risk. Why buy a domain for $50,000 if you may be able to sell it sometime in the future for $60,000? Just put the $50,000 in an index fund.

1) It boggles my mind why some domainers are so eager to talk down the value of domains and shoot themselves (and all of us) in the foot.
Why? A domain is worth what it's worth, and objective analysis should be the aim.

•••
Great example of domainers thinking they know better than the real world.

There's 100s companies for whom this domain would have been an upgrade, because of their existing *+Prophetic+* business name.

Could be argued it's tough to pronounce, tough to spell, but can't argue that it already has tons of real world usage, and that's the best demand indicator that it has value.

At a $5-$10k pricepoint it would be a no brainer to add to a domainer's portfolio, targeting $50-$75k end user sale.

Some people invest in names hoping for a future usage, some people invest in domains who have one/two buyers, some people invest in those that have 100s of potential end users. In a game of probabilities, you want to be investing in that last category.

•••
2) This neurotech company was already called Prophetic (not PropheticAI) when they operated under propheticai.co. Why would they upgrade to any other domain name than prophetic.com?

why dont u make a survey post on np to find out how many would pay 75k for this name. it's like I said. a 75k endusser or company for this low end is a 1 in million chance. and almost no reseller here would ever pay 75k for it. if u prefer to inflate values to avoid your imaginary foot shooting then go ahead. I prefer truth and fact. ;)

•••
For all intents and purposes it is, because they'd have to prove that you registered it in bad faith.

I don't like Prophetic too much either, but that's because I'm somewhat of a perfectionist and Prophet is better. So Prophetic becomes "second place" in my mind.

But if there are businesses competing for this brand, then high five figures is definitely warranted.

Yes. But that's because another investor is taking on a risk. Why buy a domain for $50,000 if you may be able to sell it sometime in the future for $60,000? Just put the $50,000 in an index fund.

Why? A domain is worth what it's worth, and objective analysis should be the aim.

well said. I agree with most but believe u me the worth of this name or any name has nothing to do with u being perfectionist or not ;)

•••
why dont u make a survey post on np to find out how many would pay 75k for this name. it's like I said. a 75k endusser or company for this low end is a 1 in million chance. and almost no reseller here would ever pay 75k for it. if u prefer to inflate values to avoid your imaginary foot shooting then go ahead. I prefer truth and fact. ;)

You're the one who set $99k BIN for all of your domains.
Congrats on your sale, btw. 🤑

•••
You're the one who set $99k BIN for all of your domains.
Congrats on your sale, btw. 🤑

tnx but im pretty sure this thread isn't about me or others lol

•••
I like “Prophetic” and i’ve used this word before. I dont like it enough to spend $80,000, but it also wouldnt surprise me if it sold for $100,000.

Last edited:
•••
I like “Prophetic” and i’ve used this word before. I dont like it enough to spend $80,000, but it also wouldnt surprise me if it sold for $100,000.

true... well if anything then domaining sure can be full of surprises and all things unpredictable heheh

•••
generic won't always save u from tm. but all in all I guess that's a well known fact that companies aren't about name quality and are mostly clueless about that and thus also about name value etc. alot of dn sales are between domainers and almost none here would pay this money for prophetic. and finding company to buy at 75k for it is longshot and rare.

Domainers pay usually 2 to 5% (sometimes even less) of what they think that an end user will pay, so at 2k-3k this name will sell fast even at namepros, maybe even at 10k. Also, why would you brand your company dealing with neural things with something general and short like 'fire' when you have other 5k companies using that word and which will cost you 50 times more? In this case, 'neural' 'neuronic' 'synapse' 'mysthical' will work better than 'fire' and they all will be easier to build an unique brand in this industry. Probably we should listen more to what end users are looking for...'namebio' value of a domain will not work for most end users.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back