IT.COM

discuss Proof... still plenty of great names to be hand reg'd

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
Laugh Inns:ROFL:com

I have a reputation here of registering "crappy" domains, and every time I attempt to defend my domain portfolio critics come out of the woodwork:xf.rolleyes:

Anyone reading this thread ever hear of "Theme Hotels"? How about "laughter"? How about an "Inn"? Finally, how about Rowan and Martins hit TV show from the 60's and 70's "Laugh-In"?

My point is,until yesterday no one according to HosterStats had ever registered the .com domain "Laugh Inns". Why? Is creativity in this industry so lacking that no one ever thought of this name...seriously?

I just wish I had the time to start a hotel chain whose mission is to make guests laugh:ROFL:

Do you think you have a great hand reg in you?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for comments and sharing. There is no doubt that both the idea of a wiki and Wikipedia, the best known wiki, are incredible. But be sure not to overlook asking oneself who would want this domain name and derive value in having it, and make sure the list is sufficiently long that odds of selling are decent.
Bob
Thanks Bob...while I've said there's generally a business model/plan behind every domain I register, sometimes I put the cart before the horse. Regardless, I own a portfolio of domains that i call my "incredible" portfolio with names like IncredibleVegas, IncredibleRome, IncredibleTrust, IncredibleMilk and IncredibleHigh. With the keyword "incredible" valued at $5,600 by GD, I'm looking for buyers that have an appreciation for "valuation".

I didn't get the chance to get an update on the status of the "exact match" software that matches a nTLD with a .com that's already out of circulation. I'll try to get it for us this week.

The last thing I'll mention is a couple of hand reg's I registered today. ImpeachGate and WitchGate. I registered these domains knowing Mueller was going to release his report today, and I'm just throwing my names in the ring for the Mueller investigation, similar to the Watergate investigation in 1973. The reason for WitchGate is due to the witch hunt Trump claims the liberal left has been on. Enjoy springtime and...Cheers!

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Sad:xf.frown: that you're unable to create a single great name. Last I checked every domain ever created was originally hand reg'd:xf.rolleyes:
That is true. I look forward to seeing you sell one of your great hand-regs. Thank you.

•••
I reg'd lotofletter.com high.tel and about 4 others since this guy started ignoring my DM.

•••
That is true. I look forward to seeing you sell one of your great hand-regs. Thank you.
Oh....I've not only sold domains, I'm also renting domains. LYING and INSINUATIONS about domains and domainers does more harm to this industry than you'll ever know:xf.smile:

•••
The proof is when you sell it, not register it.

Oh I'll sell it...but no one here will ever know. I already have an appointment with Choice Hotels in Rockville, Md (my 'ol stomping grounds) They're one of the largest hotel franchisers in the world with over 7,000 hotels and 1,000 under construction. I know that doesn't mean anything to a domainer, but it means a whole lot to a simple old business guy like me.\:xf.wink:

Oh it most definitely does, but not the kind of research taught here. And to further protect my domain/name, I just filed a TM application like I've done for other businesses I've owned. While it will cost me about $300, I do it myself and it's worth every penny especially when you're selling to "deep pockets"

Any more questions? btw, this crowd isn't trying to save me money, but if you honestly believe spending $8.50 to own Laugh Inns:ROFL:com is a waste of money, that's your prerogative:xf.rolleyes:

Well, let's circle back to this thread from last year.

The domain expired and dropped. Additionally, I don't see a TM was ever applied for.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Marvelous mechanism. The domain registration eventually takes care of itself. Like a self flushing toilet.

Relatedly, I started to develop my pirate game when this thread started back in march 2019...The name I wanted was taken so I hand registered a domain for it just this year and I suppose only time will tell if it's "great" or not.

•••

The domain expired and dropped. Additionally, I don't see a TM was ever applied for.

Brad
As usual Brad I'm one step ahead of you. Much to your chagrin I was able to pick up LaughInn:ROFL:com And you're right about not applying for the TM, I'd actually spoken to the folks at Choice Hotels and they told me to get back to them when and if I was able to purchase the singular version of "Laugh Inns":xf.wink:

•••

Brad

Hahahaha great follow up @bmugford

Why am I not surprised?!

•••
With all the new extensions available which did not exist several years ago startups are finding it easier to avoid the aftermarket. Fewer buyers puts pressure on sellers which still have to pay renewals. My portfolio is much smaller than it was five to six years ago.

•••
After five pages of convincing us how good the name is? That can't be.

He even had that big meeting with Choice Hotels!

This must be part of the sales strategy, Brad. Much to our chagrin.

•••
After five pages of convincing us how good the name is? That can't be.

He even had that big meeting with Choice Hotels!

This must be part of the sales strategy, Brad. Much to our chagrin.

I've been told he's into real estate and fashion now due to continued issues he runs into with the cabal.

He's been naming and operating businesses since the dawn of time so obviously he knows something we don't. If only I would be intelligent enough to grasp the bigger picture. I envy him.

•••
I skimmed through this thread again and found another 14 .COM registrations that Bulloney spammed. There were a lot more when you factor in other extensions like .homes and .domains.

I decided to take a quick look at the status of each, as best as I could tell.

OffshorePub.com - Dropped and available
OffShoreBrewery.com - Dropped and available
QuarterKosher.com - Dropped and available
LifetimeBowling.com - Dropped and available
InCredibleWiki.com - Dropped and available
IncredibleRome.com - Dropped and available

IncredibleHigh.com - Dropped. At Drop Catch now.
JesusOvercomes.com - Dropped. Owned by Huge Domains
DaddyoDomains.com - Dropped. Owned by another party.
SalvationRx.com - Dropped. Under privacy.

IncredibleTrust.com - Appears to have dropped. Under privacy.
IncredibleVegas.com - Appears to have dropped. Under privacy.

IncredibleMilk.com - Still owned.
DaddyoBrands.com - Still owned.

Last edited:
•••
I skimmed through this thread again and found another 14 .COM registrations that Bulloney spammed. There were a lot more when you factor in other extensions like .homes and .domains.

We should do this on reg of the day thread. :xf.eek:

•••

I am so impressed that you would take the time to follow me as closely as you do:xf.wink: You must think I'm pretty good at this or you certainly wouldn't be following me:xf.smile: I can't wait until you see that I've turned the lights on at BroadBayRealty.com with an office across the hall for Broad Bay Mortgage. Even my buddies at BBCC, and some of the gals in the LGA are astounded when they learn I own Broad Bay Realty. Maybe not as impressed as you Brad, but impressed much the same.

•••
Isn't the hotel industry a jole at the moment? It seems to be a risky speculation in ther current market.

•••
Isn't the hotel industry a jole at the moment? It seems to be a risky speculation in ther current market.
I guess you're referring to my domain LaughInn:ROFL:com? "Isn't the hotel industry a "jole" at the moment?" I'm really not familiar with that term, but I guess you mean owning a hotel domain name is a risky hold due to the Corona Virus? Kuffy, LaughInn:xf.rolleyes:com cost me all of $8.50....it very well could be one of the best risk vs. reward investments any human could make regardless of the virus. Stay tuned my friend:xf.wink:

•••
Sorry, another typo. I meant "joke" of course. Anyone know a good way to replace worn off keyboard letters. :)

I can see some great development potential for Laugh Inn - Certainly as an internet site rather than a hostelry. That was a steal at $8.50, and I'm ( just a bit ) envious.

•••
Sorry, another typo. I meant "joke" of course. Anyone know a good way to replace worn off keyboard letters. :)

I can see some great development potential for Laugh Inn - Certainly as an internet site rather than a hostelry. That was a steal at $8.50, and I'm ( just a bit ) envious.
Thanks Kuffy....i started this thread titled "Plenty of Great Names to be Hand Reg'd", and being able to pick up "Laugh Inn" singular after I'd already bought the plural "Laugh Inns" just adds to the proof. I picked up a couple of domains yesterday while watching the Kentucky Derby; FancyLiquor and MidnightBourbon. Both of these domains are even more evidence/prof of the FACT there are plenty of good names still available to hand register. You hear me talk a lot about risk vs. reward when it comes investing in domains, and I see this industry having the greatest risk vs. reward potential of any other industry I've ever worked in. That said however, turning potential into reality is still paramount, but I'm working on it:xf.wink:

•••
So...I hand-registered ayepirates.com and named my game the same. I think I may have created some intellectual property.

Now to find a way to pay the bills with it ...

I done good?

•••
LaughInn / com would be a nice one to have but the plural wouldn't be worth much in my opinion.
Irony:xf.wink: I actually became the proud owner of LaughInn/com in Mach of 2020 and dropped LaughInns/com in April.

•••
Irony:xf.wink: I actually became the proud owner of LaughInn/com in Mach of 2020 and dropped LaughInns/com in April.

At least the singular tense makes a solid pun.

Brad

•••
At least the singular tense makes a solid pun.

Brad
Brad...it's with all your help and encouragement that I sold another 2 domains over the weekend. I say two because one went for $500, and I talked the buyer into buying the plural version for an additional $375. Good luck to you and Grilled, and may the force be with you:xf.wink:

•••
Brad...it's with all your help and encouragement that I sold another 2 domains over the weekend. I say two because one went for $500, and I talked the buyer into buying the plural version for an additional $375. Good luck to you and Grilled, and may the force be with you:xf.wink:
Congratulations, Rich! You're on your way. What names did you sell? Inbound or outbound?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back