Dynadot

discuss Proof... still plenty of great names to be hand reg'd

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
Laugh Inns:ROFL:com

I have a reputation here of registering "crappy" domains, and every time I attempt to defend my domain portfolio critics come out of the woodwork:xf.rolleyes:

Anyone reading this thread ever hear of "Theme Hotels"? How about "laughter"? How about an "Inn"? Finally, how about Rowan and Martins hit TV show from the 60's and 70's "Laugh-In"?

My point is,until yesterday no one according to HosterStats had ever registered the .com domain "Laugh Inns". Why? Is creativity in this industry so lacking that no one ever thought of this name...seriously?

I just wish I had the time to start a hotel chain whose mission is to make guests laugh:ROFL:

Do you think you have a great hand reg in you?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've seen some people selling dot coms for four figures that has never been bought for reg fee before..
Probably because they are using the brand name markets to advertise those new made-up names..

How about LaughClips.com or LaughCamera.com or LaughCams.com, each available for register
Good for funny videos..

Haha Rick Schwartz owns LaughCam.com..Shows his face on landinag page..

•••
LaughInn / com would be a nice one to have but the plural wouldn't be worth much in my opinion.

•••
The singular, laughinn is a great domain. The plural kills it.

•••
Last edited:
•••
LaughInn / com would be a nice one to have but the plural wouldn't be worth much in my opinion.

You might want to ask Choice Hotel(s) about that, or Stay Inns, or even LaQuinta Inns and Suites.It's because I have a business model/plan that adds value to my name....besides, I have an even better singular version I'm keeping in my hip pocket...this game is sooooo.....much fun:ROFL:

Last edited:
•••
There goes another $11.99... :ROFL:
Thanks Jimbo...i know when you come out of the closet to comment, I'm really on to something. Thanks for the kudos:xf.wink:

•••
•••
Here you go -
There is no need for a separate thread.

Brad
Too funny Brad...the point of this thread is not about "reg of the day", but rather to prove to newbies and oldies there are still plenty of good domain names available:xf.rolleyes: Thanks for the loving and caring attention:xf.wink:

•••
The proof is when you sell it, not register it.

•••
The proof is when you sell it, not register it.
Oh I'll sell it...but no one here will ever know. I already have an appointment with Choice Hotels in Rockville, Md (my 'ol stomping grounds) They're one of the largest hotel franchisers in the world with over 7,000 hotels and 1,000 under construction. I know that doesn't mean anything to a domainer, but it means a whole lot to a simple old business guy like me.\:xf.wink:

•••
If you want to waste your money that is on you. I just think people here don't want to see you lose your money is all. Laugh Inns may sound great but does hard, cold data research support that?

•••
If you want to waste your money that is on you. I just think people here don't want to see you lose your money is all. Laugh Inns may sound great but does hard, cold data research support that?
Oh it most definitely does, but not the kind of research taught here. And to further protect my domain/name, I just filed a TM application like I've done for other businesses I've owned. While it will cost me about $300, I do it myself and it's worth every penny especially when you're selling to "deep pockets"

Any more questions? btw, this crowd isn't trying to save me money, but if you honestly believe spending $8.50 to own Laugh Inns:ROFL:com is a waste of money, that's your prerogative:xf.rolleyes:

•••
Maybe a Vegas theme hotel, for those who pawn their wedding ring for gambling debts. They could use a laugh. I have friends heavily invested in the Tourism/Hotel business, which with market changes and AirBnB disruption is creating market chaos. In other words, their business sucks, I just got off the phone with one friend who plans to shut down one of them. Nothing to laugh about. Another is going to a mainstream flag instead of keeping it named independent. The logo you could create a 2019 version of Goldie Hawn in it.

•••
Maybe a Vegas theme hotel, for those who pawn their wedding ring for gambling debts. They could use a laugh. I have friends heavily invested in the Tourism/Hotel business, which with market changes and AirBnB disruption is creating market chaos. In other words, their business sucks, I just got off the phone with one friend who plans to shut down one of them. Nothing to laugh about. Another is going to a mainstream flag instead of keeping it named independent. The logo you could create a 2019 version of Goldie Hawn in it.

Thanks for sharing offthehandle. Ironically I went to school with Goldie Hawn back in the sixties, Montgomery Blair in Silver Spring, Md. She was two years older than me, and she's held up pretty damn good all things considered. You mentioned your buddy going to a "mainstream flag" hotel, and that's exactly where I'be be hustling "Laugh Inns"...Choice Hotels.The other thing I'll mention about there still being good names to hand reg...when I saw your name "offthehandle", it brought to mind two .com hand reg's I bought just about 10 days ago; OffshorePub(.)com and OffShoreBrewery(.)com. It looks like you've been around this business much longer than I, but would you have expected those two names to be available to hand reg? My brother-n-law owns two breweries in my area, and I do a little offshore fishing for marlin and tuna. I would bet a fair amount of money those domains weren't available, but check with WhoIs to see who owns them:xf.wink:

Finally, tell your buddies in the hospitality business about "Laugh Inns" and the business idea behind it. I would appreciate their thoughts. Thanks again.

•••
I'd be more interested in your criteria, analysis, and steps you use to evaluate a domain name prior to registering it.

In this case..
No other extension is registered...
Only a handful of comparable sales...
No trending topics

Hmmm, you could develop it, but I would rather see you grace delete it and grab a better name.

Here's an idea.....maybe try Laughlin Inns . It's available but looks a bit weird typed out.

Best of luck!

•••
I'd be more interested in your criteria, analysis, and steps you use to evaluate a domain name prior to registering it.

In this case..
No other extension is registered...
Only a handful of comparable sales...
No trending topics

Hmmm, you could develop it, but I would rather see you grace delete it and grab a better name.

Here's an idea.....maybe try Laughlin Inns . It's available but looks a bit weird typed out.

Best of luck!
Thanks for the advice, but I've been naming businesses long before most of the so called domainers here were born. How many businesses have you named or started? Were you even around when Roland & Martin had the big TV "Laugh In" starring Goldie Hawn, and other well known celebs?

Again, unlike some of the others here, I do believe you're trying to help, but I do know what I'm doing. You may want to ask some of the registry and registrar owners about me? They may be just a tad smarter then most of my NP critics(y) Finally, do you like to laugh?

•••
•••
•••
Thanks for the advice, but I've been naming businesses long before most of the so called domainers here were born. How many businesses have you named or started?
Oh, we're gonna do this again ? Well, I'm out.... :xf.rolleyes:

Last edited:
•••
You might want to ask Choice Hotel(s) about that, or Stay Inns, or even LaQuinta Inns and Suites.It's because I have a business model/plan that adds value to my name....besides, I have an even better singular version I'm keeping in my hip pocket...this game is sooooo.....much fun:ROFL:
Yeah because they are a national chain with thousands of locations so the plural makes sense. You will be lucky if there will ever be one Laugh Inn that is why the plural absolutely positively makes ZERO sense.

•••
You may want to ask some of the registry and registrar owners about me?
"We love him! He alone accounts for 3-5% of our profits."
"Guaranteed monthly income!"
"Oh yeah...easy money bulloney. We love him!"
"We can't wait for renewal time! He covers our tax payment!"
"Not sure what his domains mean, but he keeps buying!"

•••
I’m really confused. You have a business plan for this domain but no time to execute it. This thread is proof that great domains can be hand regged but you don’t want to share your data about this domain. You don’t care what we think yet you made this post.

🤔 🤷‍♀️

•••
[QUOTE="offthehandle, post: 7155734, member: 991877[/QUOTE]
Thanks for that offthehandle...Goldie is still pretty hot, but then again I don't see as well as I use to. Just as an fyi, I've started accumulating a mini portfolio of "Laugh" domains especially after learning this; "Valuable keyword: laugh is a high value keyword that has an average sale price of $3400."

•••
Be careful with those valuation tools.

Chuckle is a high value keyword that has an average sale price of $4989

Chuckleinn.com available
Chuckleinns.com available

Not worth the risk of investing in imo

•••
Back