IT.COM

PROMO: Do You Need Broker? Meet The Man Behind The Sale of Bass Energy dot com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
It all started here about a month ago

https://www.namepros.com/threads/energy-company-does-not-have-a-website.1033388/

where I talked about having a domain name for a company's EMD brand but that they do not have a website.

@promo took it upon himself to help broker the sale. I wasn't expecting much because all along, I felt brokers do not deal with low valued or non premium domain names as I seem to fall into that category that does not have super premium names.

I have to be honest, I was not expecting it to lead anywhere but something in me triggered me to give it a try coupled with the fact that a friend had also encouraged me to give one of my domain name to a broker. He was the one who told me that the domain name should have sold by now but because I am a Nigeria, that could probably be the reason why it hasn't sold.

And what is the domain name we are talking about here? Bass Energy dot com.

So after giving @promo a list of names that I own, we decided to go ahead with Bass Energy dot com.; Much to my surprise, he was able to tear down every blocks of resistance of the end user, gain their trust, made them commit by making an offer and he did this magically on the phone. It was not as easy I put here because personally, I know what it feels like to convince someone on phone to buy something. The buyer was like the biblical wall of jericho but for the professional salsemanship and skills of @promo, that wall fell down flat.

@promo proved one thing...Phone calls are great ways to close deals, contrary to what we have been taught here that emails are the best and that phone calls make you appear desperate. I will like to add that if you know the right words to use for your sales, if you have the skill, phone calls would be great way to make something happen and happen pretty quick.

Then it was time to do escrow and Escrow.com almost ruined everything and I believe most people saw my thread about that. I was more worried that the buyer would back out of the deal at that point but considering she was scared of even dealing with a Nigerian IF not for the involvement of @promo, I would have NEVER been able to get their attention in the first place because based on what they told @promo, they did said something about being scared to deal with me because of my Nationality as a Nigerian.

@promo assured me everything was gonna be alright.. he said and I quote "Sit back and let me handle this" and those words did so much to my nervousness that had reach a new crescendo at that time. True to his words, he handled everything and manage to convinced the buyer not back out of the deal but to use Payoneer escrow service. It wasn't not an easy task. Payoneer escrow service was smooth with no hitch

By the end of it all, buyer paid at Payoneer escrow.

I want to thank this great man whom I only met here just about a month ago but he ended making a HUGE impart and impact in my finances. He thought somethings too which I do hope to improve on as I move on in life. I could have never been able to make this sale if not for his tremendous professional skill in brokering this deal for me.

Thank you so much @promo You have no idea how far this went... but I want you to know even all I have written here is still not enough to express how grateful I am for everything. God bless you.

If you have some domain names, get in touch with @promo but please do understand that time is money and therefore, do not send junks hoping to make millions out of it. Be realistic and fair in your dealings with him. He is a great guy with excellent communication skills, very compassionate and understanding personality.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congrats mate. If possible can you share the amount at which you sold it for?

•••
you mentioned @promo 9 times in your post . so lets say you sold the name for $9k...

u sold cheap bro:xf.rolleyes:

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back