Dynadot

opinion Professional email to contact end-user.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Richard Barlotti

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

I want to send emails to potential end-users and I want my address to look more professional.

What do you choose for email?
Name, NameSurname, Webmaster, Sale, Info, Admin,... @email?

Also I'm building simple website, because of email.
Idea is to use one of my domains.

[email protected] - Short, easy to remember because of godaddy. I aslo have elfairy.com
Problems. Where I live fairy is magical little creature with wings only, but I also noticed in urban
dictionary that sometimes it is offensive word for homosexual man, gay. What do you thing about this name?
[email protected] - good for domain service,but I also want to sell it to delivery company.
[email protected] - not so sure, I also have a plan to sell it in future. Good name for jewelry,
beauty, makeup, opticians, blog.
[email protected] - ??? first idea was to sell it to church or other organization

What do you think?
Which one is better and why?

GO-FAIRY-LOGO-1123azzzzx.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wordpress is certainly TM, and they have already filed (and won) UDRPs. You could be the next victim.
It's WorldPress.net, not WordPress. Pretty good name, too bad it's .net and not .com (y)

•••
•••

It looks as if WordPress is undefeated in UDRP cases as well, 32 for 32, with 30 transfers, one withdrawal and one termination, assuming the transfer and withdrawal were people transferring the name pre-decision. I think WorldPress(dot)net is safe as it would be a great news aggregator site, just stay away from Wordpress content in regards to it!

•••
Also some guidelines:
For various reasons related to our WordPress trademark, we ask if you’re going to start a site about WordPress or related to it that you not use “WordPress” in the domain name. Try using “wp” instead, or another variation. We’re not lawyers, but very good ones tell us we have to do this to preserve our trademark. Also, many users have told us they find it confusing.

If you already have a domain with “WordPress” in it, redirecting it to the “wp” equivalent is fine, just as long as the main one users see and you promote doesn’t contain “WordPress” and in the long term you should consider transferring the old one to the Foundation.

“WordPress” in sub-domains is fine, like wordpress.example.com, we’re just concerned about top-level domains.

We’ve told this to anyone who has ever asked us, we just wanted to make it public so more people could be aware of this policy.

<whine>Other domains are using WordPress in them!</whine>
If they’re not WordPress.com, WordPress.net, WordPress.org, WordPress.tv, or WordPressFoundation.org, they’re not allowed, and you should contact the owner with a pointer to this page. We see this most frequently with spammy sites distributing plugins and themes with malware in them, which you probably don’t want to be associated with.
Source: https://wordpress.org/about/domains/

•••
•••
Oh very sorry :xf.frown: Either the name is confusing or I need glasses :shy:

•••
Wordpress is certainly TM, and they have already filed (and won) UDRPs. You could be the next victim.
Some names are ok, some are not.

Don't put the cart before the horse. Before you contact end users, make sure the inventory is good enough. Also keep in mind that if you have good names, end users will come to you (vs chasing them).

Its World not Word and I made research again at upto gov
Closes I found was World Press Networking (DEAD) so I think Its clearly not a Trademark.
Anyway its good to check again.
and yes my domains probably are not the best and I now that I have to work a lot to sell them.
Thank you for advice.
Respect.

•••
It's WorldPress.net, not WordPress. Pretty good name, too bad it's .net and not .com (y)
I think worldpress.com bought wn.com (worldnews) not so long ago for couple of millions I guess :)

•••
For email I usually use:

domains@
firstname@
admin@

As for the domain, I like to use a domain I own for email (not @yahoo.com, @gmail.com, etc) because I think it shows more professionalism. But lots of people use gmail, yahoo and other free email providers. It is easy to set up email on your own domain these days, and forward it to a free service if you want. And you can send out emails from a free service that show as your own domain, though sometimes you have to upgrade for a small fee.

•••
Better go with [email protected]/.pro or @gmail.com before any of the one suggested...

•••
I use:
[email protected]

I would definitely have your real name in whatever combo you like. It's more professional AND personable.

I would not use a free email like gmail.... If you sell domain names you should have your own email set up at one of your domains.

Last edited:
•••
I want to send emails to potential end-users and I want my address to look more professional.

why? you have great domains at good prices and people won't buy them because your email looks unprofessional?

•••
why? you have great domains at good prices and people won't buy them because your email looks unprofessional?

If your email handle looks spammy, it can turn off potential buyers. So even if you have good domains/price, people may simply ignore your email. You gotta present yourself well.

•••
Your doing it backwards, First build a structure :glasses:

1. Register an LLC or Corp, an LLC can be taxed as a c-corp
    • Look at north dakota.
    • even if your not in the US you can do this or look at canada - no bvi's or sc for now
  2. then get a professional looking email.
  3. Organized institutions don't spend money because you have a professional looking email.
  4. They do however, if you talk the talk and walk the walk.
  5. brand yourself,brand yourself,brand yourself,brand yourself,brand yourself,:spam:

•••
It looks more professional. If you receive an email from someone at your bank or Amazon, and they use @hotmail email, how does that look?

•••
I think WorldPress(dot)net is safe as it would be a great news aggregator site, just stay away from Wordpress content in regards to it!

I agree: generic word + generic word (y)

•••
Hello,

You can create a expositive website, then you send email as:

- sales@mysite.com

- write in the subject line, i.e., domainname.com

- sign as Managing Director, so the prospects know you have 'power'

kiss.jpg

•••
•••
I agree using a pro mail is better however, recently I received an query email from a gmail address and it turned out to be a broker @ mark monitor.
So you never know. ! :) If the domain is worth the query the email address isn't going to keep an inbound buyer away.
I think it makes a difference somewhat when you do outbound queries.
I use both pro and gmail simply because I don't want all those spammy emails from who is going to my pro account.
Cheers

•••
Your doing it backwards, First build a structure :glasses:
  1. Register an LLC or Corp, an LLC can be taxed as a c-corp
    • Look at north dakota.
    • even if your not in the US you can do this or look at canada - no bvi's or sc for now
Good advice! (y)

Question: why North Dakota?

•••
I agree using a pro mail is better however, recently I received an query email from a gmail address and it turned out to be a broker @ mark monitor.
So you never know. ! :) If the domain is worth the query the email address isn't going to keep an inbound buyer away.
I think it makes a difference somewhat when you do outbound queries.
I use both pro and gmail simply because I don't want all those spammy emails from who is going to my pro account.
Cheers

Was he using the Gmail address so you couldn't figure out who he was? Or he identified who he was in the email?

•••
Yes. Wanted one of my prime New "G"s.
It's one I'm going to develop so the subject was moot anyway but I always search for the sender and found out where it "originated"
Then a few weeks later I get another email saying he has clients looking for ******** domains.
A bit of a slip on his part. He confirmed what I already found out. He was not the enduser "just starting out".
Don't think the name he used was real. Could be though :)
Happy Hunting

•••
•••
When the seller reply with a professional e-mail, I believed the broker or buyer are likely make an higher offer if they really want the domain. They will not try to insult you with a low ball offer:xf.grin:

Btw, I had DomainNames.tv for sale, considering any offer above 40K USD, and BIN price is only 80K USD.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back