IT.COM

Problems, Bugs and Fixes at Afternic - Report Problems Here

NameSilo
Watch
I suggest a new thread titled Problems, Bugs and Fixes at Afternic - Report Problems Here. Then we can all list our issues so Afternic have to fix them. These Afternic probs have been repeatedly flagged up across numerous threads on here over a period of time, including the need for 2FA. Godaddy own Afternic and have the resources and motivation to fix it - this risky mess is unacceptable and reflects badly on their brand.

For info, Afternic keep reverting some of my domains to "In Review" status for no reason, and I only know that if I log in there to check on them. Until I then ask support to take them out of Review they are not listed for sale and will not sell at Afternic.

@Joe Styler When can we expect Godaddy to take action on Afternic, including implementing 2FA?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's not a bug its a feature.

Is it a feature that a product that is being tried to be sold cannot show detailed results in searches and therefore cannot appear in the top ranks?! And even though you're eyeing a fifth of the money from those sales?

You're blown away by too much money and you're just making fun of people.

•••
Is it a feature that a product that is being tried to be sold cannot show detailed results in searches and therefore cannot appear in the top ranks?! And even though you're eyeing a fifth of the money from those sales?

You're blown away by too much money and you're just making fun of people.
Take this with a grain of salt as I am not an SEO expert. My understanding from the previous SEO person at GoDaddy who made sure this was implemented is that the forwarding of domains can impact our (GoDaddy's SEO) negatively which would of course trickle down to impacting negatively your domains for sale on our platform as less people would find us organically.

There are cases where old links can give bad link juice to us and this happens primarily in expired domains repurchased by investors to list for sale. So for example you buy xyz.com when it expires because it was a great domain to resell but the previous user thought it was a great domain to defraud people on and used it to sell counterfeit goods and had lots of backlinks pointing to it to black hat the name up in the search rankings.
Now it points to GD an those links can also impact us and that name can not only come up when someone searches xyz.com but also say Louis Vuitton fake bags, or something similar as a keyword. Now GD can get penalized.

I think this happens under certain circumstances only. But again I'm not expert enough and don't remember the correct sequence to create it they discussed with me at the time.

That was the standpoint of the old SEO person we had. We have someone new and I have been in conversations with them and think that we can work around this and still show the domains at some point in the results in the future.

•••
we can work around this
Joe, thank you so much for your time and for the response. Now, since the issue is at least explained, it is time to start working on a solution. The 1st priority. I started typing various ideas or suggestions here, but later deleted (decided not to waste time and NP space), simply because I do not know how your backend works and what tricky things GD may (or may not) be able to implement. A major issue I found thinking about it is that some solutions would require current linking scheme ( godaddy com / forsale / domain ) be replaced with someting else, which is not good as many afternic customers including myself are already using current links on parked pages (BIN banners) or custom landing pages, portfolio pages, etc. But, in any case, it still can be solved...

Last edited:
•••
I couldn't find an "official" GoDaddy thread, so I will post here. Does anyone know how many domains or how much turnover it takes these days to get assigned an account manager at GoDaddy?

•••
Afternic CSV import dont work for me to day. I have an error message while trying for a few hours.
Is it the same for you ?

•••
•••
Just noticed that the price info is not loading for names on the ns5/ns6 landing page

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220927-193048.jpg
    Screenshot_20220927-193048.jpg
    313.8 KB · Views: 59
•••
A few days ago the buy now button didn't work for a while either. It was giving server-side error messages.

And recently there is a complaint that ads do not appear on the parked page and PPC statistics are lost.

It really doesn't make sense for a billion-dollar company to constantly encounter technical problems for months. Don't you have enough money and knowledge to build a really solid software team?

•••
•••
A few days ago the buy now button didn't work for a while either. It was giving server-side error messages.

And recently there is a complaint that ads do not appear on the parked page and PPC statistics are lost.

It really doesn't make sense for a billion-dollar company to constantly encounter technical problems for months. Don't you have enough money and knowledge to build a really solid software team?
Parking statistics crash has not been updated for more than 2 weeks. Afternic Customer support is very poor and every time I report a problem to them, customer service still does not acknowledge that the problem exists.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hello ,
even put ns5/ns6 nameservers does not help , the domain is not showing buy now price here is the domain check please and let me know what's wrong ? and also tell me if it's worth selling/renewing ? biteable.xyz
Thanks

•••
I also have another problem , the domain bustier.xyz is not showing the price ?? I mean buy now button , you will tell me you need to point dns ns5.afternic.com ns6.afternic.com ok
I will tell you bataan.xyz is also not using dns but is showing the buy now and the price
I just pointed the A record in both domains so one works the other no
you can also check my last post with biteable.xyz which is pointing to their name server but also not working

•••
NS5/NS6 landing pages now only display for the few seconds...then it forcefully redirects visitors to the GoDaddy login page.

•••
Anybody experiencing names in their portfolio losing Fast Transfer "YES" status randomly ?

I always make sure all my domains (that are eligible ) have Fast Transfer enabled in my Afternic portfolio.
Today I was scanning for a name and noticed a name I was certain had FT, was now showing "No" but eligible.

I kept scanning page after page and noticed about 25 of my names no longer with "FT". They were spread out over 10 pages or about 5 months of new submissions to my portfolio.

I had to delete and re-add them to trigger the fast transfer message from Dynadot, so I approved them and now they show as FT ready at afternic.

Has anyone else seen this ? Check your eligible names that should be FT ready to see if they switched off.

Last edited:
•••
One problem that I have, I will have domains "in review" forever until I actually contact them.
same here

•••
•••
I am really disappointed with the Afternic system.
I have more than 1000 domains listed and I had to do it by hand because the bulk system via .CSV file does not work.

I have tried every possible way. I'm working with MacOS system, Microsoft Excel and converting everything to CSV format with commas and their template but Afternic just ignores the files I upload to the platform.

Really frustrating. I will eventually stop using the platform. It's getting more and more buggy.

THis is the fucking text I received every upload:
"You have successfully uploaded 0 domain name(s). Please reference your spreadsheet to ensure all domain name(s) were successfully uploaded to your portfolio. Any domain name(s) not appearing in My Domains were not successfully uploaded to your Afternic portfolio. This may have been due to an error in your csv file."

Last edited:
•••
Hello @James Iles,

At this moment, it's a lot of work to delete domains in bulk from Afternic. There's a "workaround" when using CSV upload with the "Reconcile" option, but all this is still very, very cumbersome. This Reconcile option requires the entire portfolio to be uploaded each time, which is a huge waste of resources for me and for Afternic.

So, I would really appreciate if there was an option in Afternic to simply delete domains in bulk. Simply by entering a list of domains to be deleted in a text field. DAN.com already has such a great feature.

Thanks for listening.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks @Future Sensors - also, just noticed this thread launched in 2017. I'm working on an official thread for Afternic at NamePros ;)

•••
Not able to log in to Afternic with 2FA, at the moment.

1674788782230.png

Edit: Solved.

Last edited:
•••
Can you fix the wording on this page? https://www.afternic.com/forsale/true
Having the title

true​

This domain may be for sale.​

Isn't to pretty. Its link from your for sale phone numbers on your landers

Last edited:
•••
Every day its something else. I just deleted one domain and now all I get at afternic is:

Access Denied​

You don't have permission to access "http://www.afternic.com/dashboard" on this server.
Reference #18.d29c3a17.1678461944.2dea4916

•••
Why can't I verify the domain ownership in Afternic 2.0? Yes, I have added the required 3rd nameserver. I click on "verify domain" then I got this message: "domain ownership successfully verified, you can now add this domain to your account". I click on "close", then I keep getting the same error: "this domain already exist in a different account".

I have done this before, now it isn't working.

•••
I have done this before, now it isn't working.

I had to redo the process and add the domain a second time in order to get it to work. No authorization needed the second time.

Apparently the authorization process only authorizes it to be added later, not streamline it into a one-step deal.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back