Dynadot

Problems, Bugs and Fixes at Afternic - Report Problems Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I suggest a new thread titled Problems, Bugs and Fixes at Afternic - Report Problems Here. Then we can all list our issues so Afternic have to fix them. These Afternic probs have been repeatedly flagged up across numerous threads on here over a period of time, including the need for 2FA. Godaddy own Afternic and have the resources and motivation to fix it - this risky mess is unacceptable and reflects badly on their brand.

For info, Afternic keep reverting some of my domains to "In Review" status for no reason, and I only know that if I log in there to check on them. Until I then ask support to take them out of Review they are not listed for sale and will not sell at Afternic.

@Joe Styler When can we expect Godaddy to take action on Afternic, including implementing 2FA?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I will remove all my domains from Afternic network.
I am considering the same after this debacle tbh. I'm already in the process of removing all my BINs while I wait even more time to hear from any sort of support.

•••
•••
I would like to cancel the domain transfer..

upload_2017-4-24_9-37-22.png

•••
upload_2017-4-24_9-47-2.png

:(

Last edited:
•••
Someone from Afternic just told me the payment / tax info needs to be filled out again by EVERYONE. Just a heads up if you want to be paid... don't delay on this step.

•••
Hi @Joe Styler

Why domains listed at AfterNic are "Pending Review" for months, AfterNic's team should review them and list them or delete them and let us know.. Why wait for us to remind them that the domains need to be reviewed.

Thanks.

•••
Someone from Afternic just told me the payment / tax info needs to be filled out again by EVERYONE. Just a heads up if you want to be paid... don't delay on this step.

@Joe Styler , is that true?

•••
It's not of any importance to me as I don't park my domains at AfterNic, but it's something to think about..

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 56
•••
It looks like there was a syncing issue with that name. We have a couple fail safes in place that should catch it and correct it and one massive check each day. It looks to be resolved now. In the meantime if the name had sold you would have gotten paid more, if the name was out of sync lower than your price it would have caught it and shown an error to the buyer and us and that would have flagged us and made us resolve it as well. So it should not have shown like this and I apologize for the error and thanks for bringing it up. It looks like it is fixed and should stay fixed now.

•••
I checked with the support team. You have to login and choose a default payment method. Your payment methods should have been migrated over. It is a good idea to login and make sure a default payment is selected for your account. We did send an email on this when we made the change, but I understand if some people missed it. I can get a lot of emails as well.
If your information was not migrated correctly which can happen if you are not a US based customer you should create a new payment address and make it the default. We switched payment providers to enable more payment options to non US customers as part of this roll out so some of those accounts need to re-enter their information.

•••
•••
Hi @Joe Styler

Why domains listed at AfterNic are "Pending Review" for months, AfterNic's team should review them and list them or delete them and let us know.. Why wait for us to remind them that the domains need to be reviewed.

Thanks.
If that happened something is stuck, they should only be pending review for about a day. If they are still in that status, you can contact us and we can look into it. You can also delete and relist the names which will force them through the process again. If you have more than a couple names like this we can do the listing for you and help make sure that the names are listed without any effort on your part besides giving us the domains and the price you want them listed for. If you are interested in that pm me and I will give you an email address you can use to take care of this.

•••
If the interface is asking you for a state and you don't have one it is because it is looking at your main account address and going from that to figure out the country you are part of for the payment. You need to have the same country on the account as on your payment option. You do not have to have the same physical address for instance you can have a PO Box in Florida as your account address and a bank in California, as long as you have them both in the same country you are ok and wont get the wrong prompts for the addresses.

•••
I checked with the support team. You have to login and choose a default payment method. Your payment methods should have been migrated over. It is a good idea to login and make sure a default payment is selected for your account. We did send an email on this when we made the change, but I understand if some people missed it. I can get a lot of emails as well.
If your information was not migrated correctly which can happen if you are not a US based customer you should create a new payment address and make it the default. We switched payment providers to enable more payment options to non US customers as part of this roll out so some of those accounts need to re-enter their information.

Thanks. I am US based and all of my info was lost / deleted. No option to select a payment method unless I refilled out the whole thing again. Support sent that to me so I posted here just in case. Hopefully it'll go through and I finally get paid after waiting since March ;)

•••
I am considering the same after this debacle tbh. I'm already in the process of removing all my BINs while I wait even more time to hear from any sort of support.
Have you written to [email protected] they are very quick normally in responding to customers.

•••
Thanks. I am US based and all of my info was lost / deleted. No option to select a payment method unless I refilled out the whole thing again. Support sent that to me so I posted here just in case. Hopefully it'll go through and I finally get paid after waiting since March ;)
We try paying people every day so if you have a valid payee set up as a default it should then pay you the next day. If you set it up before Sunday then you should have been paid by now so please reach out to me with the details via PM and I will have someone look into it for you.

•••
Have you written to [email protected] they are very quick normally in responding to customers.

Yes I have. Emailed multiple addresses / people to mostly no avail.

We try paying people every day so if you have a valid payee set up as a default it should then pay you the next day. If you set it up before Sunday then you should have been paid by now so please reach out to me with the details via PM and I will have someone look into it for you.

The form says 4-6 weeks after it's filled out. The rep told me 1 week. I will PM soon, thanks.

•••
I got an e-mail back from Afternic yesterday saying that they had removed 6 already listed names for me. Yet 4 of them are still giving me the already listed message.

I found out what happened with this. An Afternic representative wrote me back today and told me he did remove all 6 of the names, but in the meantime someone who doesn't own them submitted 4 of them via spreadsheet. And so that's why they became "already listed" real quick again.

The representative told me he had removed the 4 again and I should submit them quickly now before the spreadsheet guy tries to submit them again.

He said the system recognized that guy as "the most recent seller so it allowed the listings."

•••
It can happen, especially when you pick up names that just dropped and the original owner doesn't update their listings but they should be able to list them for you and prevent that from happening anymore. We also had a meeting about this yesterday to try and get a better system in place for things like this. I'll pm you an email you can use to send in your domain listings and have someone take care of them for you so you don't have to worry about this happening anymore.

•••
Transferred a domain 3 days ago. I know the money from the buyer has been received into your escrow account so why is the domain still in your holding account?? :banghead:

•••
6 days ago I received email from Transaction Assurance that Domain transfer is complete and I would get payouts once it's ready. But I haven't received payment yet. In my afternic dashboard it still says "Transfer Processing".

I have sent several messages to TA assistant from domain transfer page and service@afternic email address, also contacted through contact form of afternic site but haven't received any single reply so far.

Worst experience ever.

•••
i have sold the domain 5 days ago still no payment no response of any kind.
the domain has been automatically transferred to the buyer.

•••
•••
Sold a premium domain which is pushed and transfered.

Payout suppose to be 17th of april. Contacted the agent multiple times and got one apology and that i shouldn't be worried. Till today i don't get answers on my mails nor the payment. Terrible and rude service and the domain is gone and i wait for hundreds of bucks. We pay comission for what exactly? Thiefs they are. I withdraw all my stock as the trust is gone. No Afternic for me anymore and i hope someone from Afternic reads this!

•••
I am also having problems getting paid. I used to get paid within 1 to 3 days. A recent transaction closed a couple of weeks ago. I had an estimated payout date of April 23rd. I called and followed up and they told me I should get paid yesterday. It didn't happen. I'm on the phone again right now with Support.

Support just told me there is no firm pay-out date, but their goal now is to pay me by next Monday. :cautious:

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back