IT.COM

Problem with transfers at GoDaddy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Is anyone else experiencing problems with transfers and account changes at GoDaddy today?

I transferred several names away from them this morning to Dynadot, but they still appear in my GoDaddy account with the status "Pending Transfer" even though the transfers were completed.

Also, I have an incoming account change. But when I try to accept it, it says it has already been accepted and will appear in my account in no more than 15 minutes. But that was more than an hour ago, and the domain is not in my account.

I have tried clearing the cache and logging in from other devices, but it didn't help.

I have been chatting to GoDaddy customer support for one hour, but they have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not quite the same but I hit "buy now" on a domain at auction the other day and paid immediately... it then told me the domain will be in my account by June! Luckily the next day it was there. I recently had some other issues and transferred most of my names away from godaddy because the support is horrible anymore, I was a loyal customer for 20 years but after there support lately I went over to another registrar...

•••
Not quite the same but I hit "buy now" on a domain at auction the other day and paid immediately... it then told me the domain will be in my account by June! Luckily the next day it was there. I recently had some other issues and transferred most of my names away from godaddy because the support is horrible anymore, I was a loyal customer for 20 years but after there support lately I went over to another registrar...
Yes, I have not been impressed with their support recently.

Maybe they are required to have knowledge about too many products, but then they should hand the issue over to someone who knows just a little bit about domains...

•••
After hours and hours on the phone, the only thing I had that helped a little was texting 1-480-531-8661... I dont know who controls the text messaging for them but they seem more knowledgeable then the phone support! Give it a shot!

•••
After hours and hours on the phone, the only thing I had that helped a little was texting 1-480-531-8661... I dont know who controls the text messaging for them but they seem more knowledgeable then the phone support! Give it a shot!
Thanks, I will try that.

•••
•••
Is anyone else experiencing problems with transfers and account changes at GoDaddy today?

I transferred several names away from them this morning to Dynadot, but they still appear in my GoDaddy account with the status "Pending Transfer" even though the transfers were completed.

Also, I have an incoming account change. But when I try to accept it, it says it has already been accepted and will appear in my account in no more than 15 minutes. But that was more than an hour ago, and the domain is not in my account.

I have tried clearing the cache and logging in from other devices, but it didn't help.

I have been chatting to GoDaddy customer support for one hour, but they have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.
@James Iles is this the type of thing you would deal with as a liaison to GoDaddy?

Brad

•••
@James Iles is this the type of thing you would deal with as a liaison to GoDaddy?

Brad
Definitely, this is an issue that needs to be addressed overall.

Quite frankly, customers need to have an ability to communicate directly through their accounts. Afternic does this with support tickets. Phone calls have proven sometimes to be less than helpful. There were occasions I was given the wrong information.

For the purposes of transfers, it's really not helpful to have to spend hours on the phone to try to sort it out. Email support, via the support tickets, hopefully will be implemented soon. That is an important way to have some quality management checks on the accuracy of what the support personnel are actually communicating.

For the original poster, I hope your transfer issues have been resolved AND do not happen again.

Last edited:
•••
Definitely, this is an issue that needs to be addressed overall.

Quite frankly, customers need to have an ability to communicate directly through their accounts. Afternic does this with support tickets. Phone calls have proven sometimes to be less than helpful. There were occasions I was given the wrong information.

For the purposes of transfers, it's really not helpful to have to spend hours on the phone to try to sort it out. Email support, via the support tickets, hopefully will be implemented soon. That is an important way to have some quality management checks on the accuracy of what the support personnel are actually communicating.

For the original poster, I hope your transfer issues have been resolved AND do not happen again.
I totally agree. It should be possible to get more tailored support. The person I spoke to last night didn't even seem to know what a domain push is and kept asking me for a receipt for the purchase of the domain even though I had not bought the domain at GoDaddy...

My problem is still not solved, so I will try giving that number dedicated to text messages a try.

•••
So I spoke to a new customer support representative. Scarily, they had no clue either. I showed them a screenshot of the email from GoDaddy asking me to confirm the account change/push. Despite this they insisted it was a transfer from another registrar:

"I request you to please wait for 5-7 business days. You will surely see the domain in your account."

So now an account change/push takes 5-7 business days instead of normally one minute, apparently. What a joke.

•••
I totally agree. It should be possible to get more tailored support. The person I spoke to last night didn't even seem to know what a domain push is and kept asking me for a receipt for the purchase of the domain even though I had not bought the domain at GoDaddy...

My problem is still not solved, so I will try giving that number dedicated to text messages a try.
Yes, that seems to be an issue with the telphone support. There is often a problem not getting the gist of the issue. So much time is spent trying to explain basic facts. A support ticket, on the other hand, allows the individual to clearly read the issue. There's much more accountability to an email. If you are being told something wrong, at least it can be referred to a supervisor who can then help educate that individual.

Sorry to hear you are having so much difficulty. You deserve better.

•••
Yes, that seems to be an issue with the telphone support. There is often a problem not getting the gist of the issue. So much time is spent trying to explain basic facts. A support ticket, on the other hand, allows the individual to clearly read the issue. There's much more accountability to an email. If you are being told something wrong, at least it can be referred to a supervisor who can then help educate that individual.

Sorry to hear you are having so much difficulty. You deserve better.
Thank you. Yes, I miss the old email-based support system. As you say, at least they could refer it to someone who had knowledge about the domain part of their business.

•••
Thanks all, I'm on vacation so just catching up on this. I appreciate all the mentions.

@Embrand, thanks for sharing your experience. I'll notify the relevant teams to look into this, but I have also alerted support for more immediate resolution. Please feel free to email additional information that could be relevant to jiles @ godaddy.com.

•••
My issue with not being able to accept a domain push/change of account has finally been solved.

The problem was that the seller uses GoDaddy's Domain Transfer Validation Service (DTVS) for extra security. He had approved the transfer by phone with GoDaddy, but according to him the GoDaddy employee had not executed the order correctly.

@James Iles has been very helpful and I am sure he will be a great asset to GoDaddy.

•••
Thanks @Embrand, glad to hear the issue has been solved!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back