IT.COM

advice Pricing Domains for sale on Landing page

NameSilo
Watch

Somertonian

Established Member
Impact
Hello Namepros people,
I am asking for some advice around pricing my domains for selling on landing pages. I have a small portfolio of names for sale (approximately 30) and i am unsure of the value of my domains. I have run them through the Godaddy free appraisals tool (fully aware these should be taken as a very rough guide) and i have a range of values between $200 and $1200. I am confident that some will be worth less and hopeful that a couple could be worth a bit more.
I don't want to put unrealistic prices on the landing pages and i also don't want to put too low prices on either. I cannot justify (to myself or more importantly my better half) spending a lot of money having the names professionally appraised especially if the result is that the names aren't worth much and i have spent a lot of money finding out this.
So i am asking if there is anyone on here with experience of evaluating domain name values that would be kind enough to give me the benefit of their experience by casting an eye over my domain names and giving me some pointers regarding potential values.
i have some DeFi/DApp/Crypto domains, some GEO domains, a couple of brandable domains and a few random names.
Most of my domains reside on Godaddy but i have moved some to Epik.

I would appreciate any help with this and hope that someone can spare some time to message me.

Thanks in advance,
Somertonian

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
When in doubt, keep them at make offer.

The ones with Epik you can see how many views you get and the Whois info
The ones that are not, maybe look at setting up Google Analytics and switching to DAN landing pages
This way you can see if they are getting some traffic and look at pricing them accordingly...

You can always check on Namebio for similar sales and also check out Godaddy valuation tool to see similar sales....You can also search similar names that be up for sale to see what the competition is pricing them at, though some people will have unrealistic expectations.

•••
Nick B,
Thank you for responding and your sage advice. I will have a look on Namebio for similar named domains and see what turns up. I am aware of Google Analytics but not tried setting it up yet.

Kind regards,
Somertonian

•••

The ones that are not, maybe look at setting up Google Analytics and switching to DAN landing pages
This way you can see if they are getting some traffic and look at pricing them accordingly...

You can always check on Namebio for similar sales and also check out Godaddy valuation tool to see similar sales....You can also search similar names that be up for sale to see what the competition is pricing them at, though some people will have unrealistic expectations.

NickB - Thanks for the advice. Make Offer makes much sense. I will follow your advice,:xf.smile:

•••
name bio is your friend, and daddy is the friendly neighbour.
get an idea and put BIN and offer, both.over a period of time, you will have enough idea. happy domaining.

•••

Make an offer is still a nice strategy :)

To add on the analytics part, Epik landers can also be used (They support Google Analytics too)
Names outside of Epik can also be parked and now sold on the marketplace

Regarding the valuation, there is also Estibot that does its job and last but not least, you can also use tools like NameInvestors to check if your domains are taken in other TLDs, or if similar domains were registered, Checking search volume, PPC, competition is also possible when logged in
Overall, these insights could also help you decide wether a name is worth it or not
(I'm still working on the site, but data displayed should be accurate, if you see any feature missing, feel free to ask for it)

Gube

•••
Regarding the valuation, there is also Estibot that does its job

I'd argue that Estibot - like any other automatic appraisal service - fails at finding the proper value of many, many domain names.

Example. According to Estibot, Bloomberg dot com is worth $585,000. Hilarious.

•••
ou can also use tools like NameInvestors to check if your domains are taken in other TLDs, or if similar domains were registered,
Lots of good points in your post @Gube but I was just, for first time, exploring NameInvestors feature re valuation and taken in other TLDs, but it seems it only covers a small selection of other TLDs right? Like it says they are taken in 5 or so, but really in more than 100. It seems to largely ignore almost all country codes and new extensions. I see some danger in it listing what TLDs it is taken in, when it really is not comprehensive.

A far more comprehensive way to test is using something like Dofo. While it is not always up to date on all extensions, it does give you a true full list. Also nice it shows immediately which are for sale and if BIN for how much.

Bob

•••
Lots of good points in your post @Gube but I was just, for first time, exploring NameInvestors feature re valuation and taken in other TLDs, but it seems it only covers a small selection of other TLDs right? Like it says they are taken in 5 or so, but really in more than 100. It seems to largely ignore almost all country codes and new extensions. I see some danger in it listing what TLDs it is taken in, when it really is not comprehensive.

A far more comprehensive way to test is using something like Dofo. While it is not always up to date on all extensions, it does give you a true full list. Also nice it shows immediately which are for sale and if BIN for how much.

Bob
A live availability checker is on its way :)
Regarding marketplace listings, it will soon also be possible, I'm still doing some tests on these
Main issues so far were linked to importing thousands and thousands of domains daily and retrieving data for them, the fix will probably be a cache of a week on marketplace domains data.
Another issue is that some marketplaces are sadly not always willing to share their inventory, even after asking for it again and again (Tagging them here might be too much, but it's win-win.. The domains get more visibility and in exchange, it's possible to have a more complete view of the domain market on particular search terms)
There is a lot more to come, I will unveil one more which was discussed earlier on NP, checking if a domain is in a malware list/blacklisted for spam, fraud, scam.. The first 2 lists checked against will be Google Safe browse and spamhaus, but the list will certainly grow (FB community bans for example)
Any feature idea is welcome :-D

Gube

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back