IT.COM

.tv Premium .tv domains seem available on other registrars than Enom

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Did you happen to see this?
:notme:

Registered some with dynadot, really interested to see what will happen next :D

Did you register any "premium" .tv's?

(maybe it was a glitch in the system maybe enom was trying to unload premiums because they knew about

either way this is one of the most bizarre things that ever happened to me as a domainer)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Every registrar has a 30 day window. I think if they do they will do the refund right away. That is only my opinion. But if they just unclassified them I think you got a great chance to hold the name. Again IMO

•••
It happens that a registrar shows a domain like "available" and let you register it when you can't...
But never heard (maybe I'm missing it) that you can take control of it, change nameservers succesfully etc...
That's why I'm hoping, actually I have 100% control of every domain I registered...

•••
Awww man,

I'm getting a bad feeling about this.
I regged 8 domains earlier, all @ Dynadot.
I changed NS immediately, and added all of them to My Sedo.

So far, still no Whois change to reflect my name as owner,
and of course still awaiting confirmation to be placed in my Sedo account...

Maybe I should forward them all to a site too???
then they will actually feel more like they are truly mine, :lol:

•••
my domains resolve to sedo, only sedo is still verifying them,
thinking we should wait for a few more hours

•••
Awww man,

I'm getting a bad feeling about this.
I regged 8 domains earlier, all @ Dynadot.
I changed NS immediately, and added all of them to My Sedo.

So far, still no Whois change to reflect my name as owner,
and of course still awaiting confirmation to be placed in my Sedo account...

Maybe I should forward them all to a site too???
then they will actually feel more like they are truly mine, :lol:

slow down....if they are yours, you have time.

•••
Just registered one name at Godaddy to check it. In whois.godaddy.com I see my data.
In whois.sc there is "There was an error processing your request." and Tv Corp. as a registrar

•••
my domains resolve to sedo, only sedo is still verifying them,
thinking we should wait for a few more hours

thx, for that...
I dont know why I didn't check earlier but mine all resolve to sedo also.
Thats a good sign. :)

slow down....if they are yours, you have time.

Time???
Not sure what you mean.

•••
I registered 25 premium names at Godaddy today and so far I have gotten 5 e-mails saying it was a mistake and the name was already taken. Still waiting for the other 20 emails from the other 20 domains. Nothing to lose, probally too good to be true and not getting my hopes up.

By the way, the real big announcement tonight around 9PM is that San Diego State (where I went) will beat Tennessee and the game will end about 9PM:)

Thanks, Jim

Last edited:
•••
I registered 25 premium names at Godaddy today and so far I have gotten 5 e-mails saying it was a mistake and the name was already taken. Nothing to lose, probally too good to be true and not getting my hopes up.

By the way, the real big announcement tonight around 9PM is that San Diego State (where I went) will beat Tennessee and the game will end about 9PM:)

Thanks, Jim

maybe those 5 domains were taken by a second earlier from another domainer as you were completing the registration process

•••
maybe those 5 domains were taken by a second earlier from another domainer as you were completing the registration process

It happens to me with Name.com but only on a couple of domains...

•••
It happens to me with Name.com but only on a couple of domains...

Same here, we were all registering names at the same time.. I guess thats the reason.

•••
BTW if they were planning to release them tomorrow with normal reg fee and it's just a bug they should let us keep the domains. They earn nothing more in taking back and sell again and they have a lot of work to do in refunds, emails etc...
On the other side if they were planning to sell everything in auctions we have zero chance to keep them

•••
I don't give them back my Putas dot tv :)

Ok, if it's a bug, glitch or something else, why at Enom homepage there is no any info? It's very simple to put some info about the problem. I think they know what happened to all these premium domains

•••
I don't give them back my Putas dot tv :)

Ok, if it's a bug, glitch or something else, why at Enom homepage there is no any info? It's very simple to put some info about the problem. I think they know what happened to all these premium domains

LOL, it's great because we're all trying to convince each other...
Let's hope.

•••
I think whoever registered their names at Enom, their information seems to be updated in WHOIS.

e.g. Utah.tv, Horoscope.tv,Birmingham.tv ....etc shows the update date as 17th March 2010.

But names like Manchester.tv, Somerset.tv....etc just shows TV Corporation information.

Did anyone observed this?

•••
OK, I just checked whois on one of my premium domains I got for standard fee and it shows my whois :)

•••
OK, I just checked whois on one of my premium domains I got for standard fee and it shows my whois :)

Me too..
Now confidence is skyrocking...

•••
Me as well, that is good news

•••

Me too, for the domains I reg'd at dynadot :kickass:

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Ok, this is weird... As I check for available premiums on dynadot there is now a message:
There was a temporary problem processing your request. Please try again later.
... not too surprising.. but..

I figured I would check godaddy.. I can't even find .tv anywhere (even as a choice of cctld to register). Earlier today I was checking and finding domains available at both registrars.

•••
All names in .tv have been shut down. I tried to reg xxtuyuu.tv on enom.tv - it was of course available in all extensions except .tv - it showed "unknown"

It looks like they have made 100% sure now that nobody gets to reg any more .tvs until they are 100% sure they know what is what with .tv premiums

I just learned that someone regged A BOATLOAD of premiums today at reg fee prices. If they are all gonna be taken off all of us - this will make Verisign look pretty stupid just as they are getting their act together.

The whois can show our names , but like Equity says it is of no relevance since there is a 30 day window. But if you think about what a headache and bad publicity it will do to Verisign to try and claim all those regges back....well - that would be backtracking just as they are starting to get on a roll....

Also I think they have enough on their plate working out the details how to grandfather premium renewal holders into reg fee renewal holders....

•••
I just tried jjjjjjjjjj.tv over at DomainMonster,
and an error message came up.
So, I am sure they have shut down .tv everywhere.

Funny thing is someone actually regged that in the .com, and the .net.
10 j's in a row...lol

•••
I just tried jjjjjjjjjj.tv over at DomainMonster,
and an error message came up.
So, I am sure they have shut down .tv everywhere.

10 j's in a row...lol

maybe the guy had a stutter?

•••
10 j's in a row...lol

LOL

Well, I was hoping to come back and try for a couple more. I'm lucky I had time today to find this thread and comeback to it before the lockdown. Thanks OnSpot! for starting it, where I learned of the premium availability. least I can do is rep+ for ya ;)

Another note, I don't *know if the .tv lockdown bodes well for domainers, but I am trying to stay optimistic.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back