IT.COM

Preferred Registrars?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

21x20

Domainer Since '95 #oldschool #orjustoldTop Member
Impact
I thought for sure there'd be an easy to find thread on everyone's preferred registrars... but alas, I could not find one.

An email I received yesterday from my GD Premium Services rep, "Eventually, we will migrate everyone at Uni to GoDaddy." I'm trying to decide if I want to consolidate more names at GD or move the Uni names elsewhere.

So... who all loves what in the registrar space in 2022?

Thanks for your thoughts.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I use Hexonet for all my names

•••
Dynadot has been amazing -- 15+ years with them.

•••
•••
I like Dynadot, but they have technical issues too frequently, including famous "scheduled maintenance" with the site shutdown. I like NameSilo, but in recent years they are trying to implement new interface, showing mix of new and old pages in different sections, and right now a number of things are messed up (new bugs "introduced"). Since common sense prompts "Don't Put All your Eggs in One Basket", consoludating 100% of domains with GoDaddy is not an option imo. So, I'm starting to use Porkbun more actively - no complaints so far (registrar part). Porkbun marketplace needs an extra development imo. Actually, if one is looking for Afternic and/or SedoMLS fast transfer (I do) - the choices are limited anyway ;()

Last edited:
•••
Epik
Triple factor authentication

•••
•••
I use Godaddy, Dyandot, SAV & PDR.

•••
Epik mostly, then Porkbun and Dynadot

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
I thought for sure there'd be an easy to find thread on everyone's preferred registrars... but alas, I could not find one.

An email I received yesterday from my GD Premium Services rep, "Eventually, we will migrate everyone at Uni to GoDaddy." I'm trying to decide if I want to consolidate more names at GD or move the Uni names elsewhere.

So... who all loves what in the registrar space in 2022?

Thanks for your thoughts.
Received the same email. Since all my domains were at Uniregistry for years, I've now started moving my domains to Dynadot. Although the UI isn't as good as Uniregistry, but I've to consider several factors like top level security, pricing, support, UI, etc. So far I've moved around 50% of my portfolio to Dynadot.

It's good to move all your domains out of Uniregistry because when they'll shut it down, there might be very little time to transfer out domains altogether.

Good luck!

•••
Epik is my favorite.
Have some at Porkbun too.
Cosmotown for cheap registration

•••
Back