Dynadot

Preferred Movie Domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I am writing a screenplay (movie script) and I see the TITLEmovie.com is already taken. And TITLE.movie is really expensive after the first year. I was thinking TITLEthemovie.com as a potential or TITLE-movie.com.

What options do you think are best for a movie title domain. FYI it's a one word title with many extensions (except .movie).

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am writing a screenplay (movie script) and I see the TITLEmovie.com is already taken. And TITLE.movie is really expensive after the first year. I was thinking TITLEthemovie.com as a potential or TITLE-movie.com.

What options do you think are best for a movie title domain. FYI it's a one word title with many extensions (except .movie).
For a one word title, adding the "The" may be a simple and effective solution. After all, there are likely books or other entities associated with that one word. "XtheMovie or TheXMovie distinguishes itself from other venues.
The hyphen may be effective, but that probably would be something worth sorting out with customer research polling, along with the other choices.
Starting out, though, don't be afraid of .net or some other less exciting extension. If you hit the big screen, the big bucks would likely then be there to buy the most desirable choices.
Good luck with that screenplay. Sounds exciting!

;

•••
IMO - TITLEthemovie.com.
It's descriptive to what it is and always will be - TITLEthemovie. Also there is no need to change it if it makes the 'big screen and big bucks', because movies have a shelve life and thus would be a waste of money to spend on another domain, which is why studios don't go out and spend big money for a exact match to their movie titles.

•••
You understand the importance of a name or just doing it as a hobby as if end user it should be clear you get what you pay for.

•••
Isn't film better than movie already. Movie is very American. FIlm is European and global. Just like store v.s. shop.
Mile v.s. kilometer, inch v.s.centimeter. fahrenheit versus celcius, pound versus kilogram.

Which one do you think is the correct one:

Cannes Movie Festival
Cannes Film Festival

Atlanta Movie Festival
Atlanta Film Festival

Sundance Movie Festival
Sundance FIlm Festival

But in plural case movie might work better than film (movies v.s.films). In singular case film is better imo.
Video and Film would be good for brandables, Movies would be good for descriptive ones.

Last edited:
•••
Is it just one movie. Then , thetitlemovie.com, or titlemovie.net can be good choices. titlethemovie, is too bad.
Movie title makes sense, title movie doesn't make much sense, unless title is the name of the movie.
titlethemovie makes sense only, if you are adding titles to movies.

Last edited:
•••
Good morning.

Firstly, congratulations on your endeavour. I once wrote a book and it is much more difficult a task than most people realize.

The following information is correct to the best of my knowledge but before proceeding please seek and pay for professional copyright advice before proceeding.

The title of a book cannot be copyrighted which is why there may be several different books with the same title. This is a little known fact but it opens up the realms of possibility.

With regard to movie titles the same may also be true but may only be true of movies which use the title of a book as the title of the movie. I'm fairly certain that over the years I have seen more than one movie with the same title so it may be beneficial to check it out before proceeding further.

I wish you luck with you plans.

Rgrds,

Reddstagg

•••
Movies don't really need great names, imo. They probably don't make sales via website, the shelf life is short and by time the website might bring some organic search or type in traffic, it is too late.

I'd go with some call to action one. Example: WatchTitle.com WatchTitleMovie.com

Last edited:
•••
Movies don't really need great names, imo. They probably don't make sales via website, the shelf life is short and by time the website might bring some organic search or type in traffic, it is too late.

I'd go with some call to action one. Example: WatchTitle.com WatchTitleMovie.com
How about "MyTitleMovie.com?"
For example, "MyDoggyMovie" could feel more warm and personal compared to "TheDoggyMovie" or "WatchDoggyMovie."

•••
How about "MyTitleMovie.com?"
For example, "MyDoggyMovie" could feel more warm and personal compared to "TheDoggyMovie" or "WatchDoggyMovie."

That could confusion if there is actually "my doggy" movie. But yes, one of those methods is what normally movie owners opt for. They are not going to spend 5-6 figures on a name like Doggy.com or MyDoggy.com

•••
That could confusion if there is actually "my doggy" movie. But yes, one of those methods is what normally movie owners opt for. They are not going to spend 5-6 figures on a name like Doggy.com or MyDoggy.com
Sorry for the misunderstanding here. What I was trying to allude to was substituting "Title" with "Doggy," purely as an example (and dog lover). It could just as well be "MyTitle.com or "MyTitleMovie.com"

Last edited:
•••
Sorry for the misunderstanding here. What I was trying to allude to was substituting "Title" with "Doggy," purely as an example (and dog lover). It could just as well be "MyTitle.com or "MyTitleMovie.com"

I understood as much. Most movies, though, do choose names that would be quite pricy for an exact match or even The+, My+ combo. Avatar, Matrix etc.

Even for 2022, here are some movies: Scream, Fresh, X, Pearl, The Lost City, Coda, The Northman, Hustle, Nope, Vengeance, Smile, Bros etc.

As you can see, they are not any worse than Doggy... Just as entrepreneurs, the movie producers are lazy in branding and will go for short, snappy name that they can't really truly own with few rare exceptions (like Matrix having stronger association to the movie than to anything else).

Last edited:
•••
A couple of suggestions, and keeping to Recons valid short shelf-life assertion: you could add a hyphen between the keywords (name-movie.com), or use another relevant extension like dot-stream, if this is something that might be placed on a streaming platform.

•••
A couple of suggestions, and keeping to Recons valid short shelf-life assertion: you could add a hyphen between the keywords (name-movie.com), or use another relevant extension like dot-stream, if this is something that might be placed on a streaming platform.
The permutations are endless. You could add a descriptor even at the beginning or end, such asle "SpectacularTitleMovie" or "TitleMovieSpectacular." Another descriptor that could be substituted is "fantasy," and I'm sure you could imagine more.

•••
You should go for a 'thetitlemovie.com' that way, you could create sub domains like rent.thetitlemovie.tld or watch.thetitlemovie.tld

•••

There are movies that got made only because the screenplay had a great title. An example is
"Earth Girls Are Easy." The title is important. This is a great time to write a screenplay
as there has never been more demand for movie scripts by the streaming services.

•••
There are movies that got made only because the screenplay had a great title. An example is
"Earth Girls Are Easy." The title is important.
That's a great title?! Sounds like the Martians chose that one....:xf.wink:
Kidding aside, title is important, even if it's otherwise 'out of this world.' And shorter may not be better, so it's ok to use more words to be more descriptive.

Last edited:
•••
Isn't film better than movie already.
'Movie' is word created to point specifically at films/cinema, it has only one definition.
'Film' on the other hand is a word that has more than one definition, one of which has nothing to do with movies/films.
It's not a huge deal but generally specialized words tend to convey information more accurately since they don't leave any room for ambiguity in people's minds.

•••
why are the others taken? Trademark? Someone already planning something that can impact your marketing?

Consider a different title, one that also has all the social media handles available

Last edited:
•••
"Earth Girls Are Easy." The title is important. This is a great time to write a screenplay
as there has never been more demand for movie scripts by the streaming services.

And, Geena Davis is hawt!

•••
Watch Title dot com
Enter Title dot com
Title Official dot com
Title The Movie dot com (credit: @hawkeye)

Last edited:
•••
Did u check if its available in .FILM extension?

•••
  • .theater new-gtld. ✏️

for .com lovers

• (Title)Story.com
  • (Title)-movie.com

•••
Did u check if its available in .FILM extension?
Film really is generally a term of the past, even if it still used in the Cannes Film Festival. (Which, FYI, still apparently accepts the celluloid stuff, but does allow uploads on their website for digital video short movies!)

•••
Film really is generally a term of the past, even if it still used in the Cannes Film Festival. (Which, FYI, still apparently accepts the celluloid stuff, but does allow uploads on their website for digital video short movies!)
Got it, how abt TITLEMov.ie

•••
Back