IT.COM

Prerelease domains advice

NameSilo
Watch

fitkhan

Established Member
Impact
Hi,
I always see some nice domains in the pre release lists but when i go to the wayback machine and check old screenshots most of the times they are parked for sale by domainers.
would you guys go for those domains which were parked for sale for years and now their owners are dropping them..

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
if it had been parked for sale for years then maybe the domain just isn't that desirable or wanted among end users. Other factors could have prevented a sale though, such as the owner wanting too much for the domain. Also, maybe the owner didn't do any outbound marketing which would have resulted in a sale. What I'd suggest is pick one up, do some outbound marketing for it, and see what happens. If the first one you pick up sells then you can just keep repeating this process.

•••
So when you are going to place backorder on such domain what qualities that name must have? Keeping in mind the domain was already FSBO for years.
Actually the purpose of this thread was to find out on what basis domainers will accept such a name and on what basis they will reject it.

•••
if it had been parked for sale for years then maybe the domain just isn't that desirable or wanted among end users. Other factors could have prevented a sale though, such as the owner wanting too much for the domain. Also, maybe the owner didn't do any outbound marketing which would have resulted in a sale. What I'd suggest is pick one up, do some outbound marketing for it, and see what happens. If the first one you pick up sells then you can just keep repeating this process.
Yeah that was on my mind that the owner might have 1000's of domains and he was not able to do outbound marketing.

I see 1000's of such domains in pre release and pending delete lists and the first question that comes in my mind is that why the owners are dropping these names?

I just want to know domainers strategy for such domains. If the previous owner was not able to sell it then how they are going to sell it.

•••
if its a domain I was going to register for parking
I woud skip on that domain

if its a domain for sale
what ever the previous owner did
is of no interest to me

•••
Actually the purpose of this thread was to find out on what basis domainers will accept such a name and on what basis they will reject it.
Personally I bid on domains that I could develop if they don't sell (most likely outcome). That doesn't mean I am going to develop all the unsold domains, that is impossible. But I have a vision for every domain acquisition. If you can see a clear purpose for the domain, and think like you'll be the end user, then it's good enough imo.

•••
Back