Dynadot

advice Potential buyer wants me to give him the domain.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

acs6656

Established Member
Impact
So i contacted a pontetial buyer for my domain.
The domain name i own is State+Realty dot net and his website name is State+Realty dot org
Now he is trying to push me to give him the domain for free.
What should i do in this situation?
Thank you.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hmm. Why does he think he deserve your domain, that you pay the renewals for, that is rightly yours, for free. Confused

Last edited:
•••
Hmm. Why does he think he deserve your domain, that you pay the renewals for, that is rightly yours, for free. Confused

He says its because he owns the corporation names and has the social media name for the domain taken.
But its a generic geo domain, so i dont understand why is he so agressive trying to get the domain for free lol

Last edited:
•••
Maybe trying to scare me?

•••
I would consider his seriousness when I see a lawyers letter. If he's full of hot air, with no lawyers letter, or reference to any legal right, I think I'd smile...with a "nice story bro"

•••
A lot of people seem to think they’re entitled to free stuff these days. I would just direct him to a landing page with a fixed price.

•••
Better way of dealing with it, agreed

•••
if he had a good case for a trademark then the .com would be his and he wouldn't be trying to get the .net ;)

•••
Tell him that you will help him by selling the name to him for $5,000 or he can spends $6,000 and sue you.
Also mention that the only thing that he get free in his life is Virus and nagging, whining and complaining from his wife.

•••
Tell him that you will help him by selling the name to him for $5,000 or he can spends $6,000 and sue you.
Also mention that the only thing that he get free in his life is Virus and nagging, whining and complaining from his wife.
I don't think taunting him is the right way to go about this ^^

•••
People try things like this a lot, just set up a purchase page and ignore free requests.

•••
I did this several times in the past and it worked for me.
You don't need to be polite to people who is not reasonable and expected getting free name.

•••
if he had a good case for a trademark then the .com would be his and he wouldn't be trying to get the .net ;)
Good point, the .com is also for sale :xf.laugh:

•••
Good point, the .com is also for sale :xf.laugh:
just reply to him with all respect and point him to your landing page he might be your end-user after all so don't be taunting at the end of the day you need him more than he needs you believe it or not

•••
•••
I thought the same, I just stopped answering.
that could work too give it sometime and don't be afraid to reach him again allot of people get pissed off when you offer them the same name they been using for a long time in a better extensions and can be entitled at first but then they will realize that it is a business and there is nothing to be done but to buy the name

•••
that could work too give it sometime and don't be afraid to reach him again allot of people get pissed off when you offer them the same name they been using for a long time in a better extensions and can be entitled at first but then they will realize that it is a business and there is nothing to be done but to buy the name

Good advices, thank you!

•••
After ignoring him for a few hours, he ended up asking me what is the best price i can do for him.
I think I'll just send the landing page with the buy now option and maybe low the price if he doesn't buy in 24 hours. Any advice?

•••
After ignoring him for a few hours, he ended up asking me what is the best price i can do for him.
I think I'll just send the landing page with the buy now option and maybe low the price if he doesn't buy in 24 hours. Any advice?
no idea what you should price it at but be reasonable and try to work it out with him having a large buy it now price might scare him away be reasonable :P perhaps others can help you price it out

•••
no idea what you should price it at but be reasonable and try to work it out with him having a large buy it now price might scare him away be reasonable :P perhaps others can help you price it out
The price is low xxx, i think its a fair price for a .net.
I just dont know if i should low the price now or maybe just wait.

•••
I just dont know if i should low the price now or maybe just wait.
if you can share the name we might be able to help you out more ^^

•••
It's in the top 10 of most populated states.

StateRealty dot net

Sorry, i prefer not to share for now. But i will share if the sale goes well.

•••
•••
It's in the top 10 of most populated states.

StateRealty dot net

Sorry, i prefer not to share for now. But i will share if the sale goes well.

i would price it at 500$ then negotiate from there not sure if others will agree with me wait for more opinions ^^

•••
Well, with this price all the story (including valuable time, time=money) does not worth potential sale income. So I'd just stop communicating with this guy. Also, if he is a "trouble maker" - he may (possibly) blackmail your registrar, or your another buyer (should you sell it somebody else someday). Imo, we should respect our (good) buyers and deliver only "clean" domains, without any "side effects". So, if the domain is not top - I'd simply delete it (I mean manually delete, right now, before expiration, by contacting the registrar if such an option is not available online). It will then be grabbed by hugedomains (very likely), let them deal with any and all potential future issues instead ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back