IT.COM

status-resolved Posts are moved then I'm told I'm breaking rules of what?

NameSilo
Watch

pteracuda

Established Member
Impact
So I keep trying to post every once in a while in the "Make Offer" section, but my posts are always moved to somewhere else, this time external website sales.

So I get an email talking about I've broken the rules, without so much as stating what it may be, and when I got look at the listing (to look for these rules that aren't there) and I've noticed my listing has been moved from one category, again, to another category.

I'm placing it there to get offers, but instead I'm moved to another category section and told I'm all the sudden breaking rules.

Why is it that I can't just post in the Offers section to receive offers like everyone else?

Ref: https://www.namepros.com/conversations/3121831/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Mod Team Echo thanks for clarification here.

Could you just refer to the team that it would be a lot nicer if you could let people know what they are doing wrong? I wasn't even trying to link anything, I'm just posting the domain name and it linked to the site... my bad

But with people actually trying to abide by the rules, couldn't you just nicely let them know "hey I see you're trying but you screwed up X, Y and Z... can you fix or I can help you move it...."

Instead of "this is a warning..... read the rules.... Your account's access may be limited .....to comply with the rules."

Seriously if this is such a great community, why not help people understand what they did wrong instead of threaten them with their accounts? Again it's not like I come here to be some bada$$ and post whatever I want wherever I want... I'm trying to follow the rules, but I've never been able to post in Make Offer without it being moved, and I've never been given any explanation as to why, especially again when I try to meet the standard rules, and even try to follow how others are posting too.

A nice reply instead of threatening people with their account's access would be nice from a team that calls themselves "support"... just saying

My friend, the one biggest no-no not to break here is External marketplace links

They did just the opposite.
Try not to link ebay, afternic,etc in the thread. This breaks rules.

Does the domain itself lead to an external marketplace? Does the listing link to external market
These are questions you always have to answer yourself, in addition to the proper format.

I admit, format annoying post over, over, but have to follow rules, and eventually get used to it.

Last edited:
•••
It just leads to a page that says it's for sale.. I wasn't trying to link to anything, I just put the domain name.

It linked to the domain itself with a simple page saying to contact me and it's for sale... nothing fancy.

So AGAIN @Samer it links to no marketplace.

You say I did the opposite like I linked to ebay, afternic, etc.... but I didn't...

Is everyone here just too big of know it alls to actually answer questions, or are we too lazy to look ourselves? Is that what makes this community great? Really?

Someone can come post up lies about someone while claiming they are some hardcore rule breaker ....

•••
@Samer this is now in help and feedback, if you can't provide either please post somewhere else.

I get you might have been trying to help, but you're accusing me of doing things I didn't even do and it's pathetic and childish, and just shows how this community is not great.

•••
I get you might have been trying to help, but you're accusing me of doing things I didn't even do and it's pathetic and childish, and just shows how this community is not great.

Says the person who compares NamePros to Nazi Germany.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
See again, it's posted in help and feedback, yet people want to reply here without posting help or feedback.

@Mod Team Echo

Why is it you allow certain people to be rude and hateful to others?

•••
I got people making up things just to go on accusing me of things I didn't even do... how is that not like Nazi Germany?

•••
I got people making up things just to go on accusing me of things I didn't even do... how is that not like Nazi Germany?

Gee. I can think of several ways.

I would probably stop making that obviously offensive analogy over some issue on a domain forum.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for your know it all input Brad... funny you can't come up with help and suggestions though.

•••
Thanks for your know it all input Brad... funny you can't come up with help and suggestions though.

The mod team responded above. Did you miss it?

6.1.9. Do not mention or post any external links in sales listings except in the External Domain and Website Sales, Adult Advertising and External Sales, or Promotional sections...

Try posting without violating that rule and see how it works out.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Thanks again for your know it all attitude Brad... it must really get you somewhere in life.... somewhere behind a computer screen all day.

•••
Thanks again for your know it all attitude Brad... it must really get you somewhere in life.... somewhere behind a computer screen all day.

You're Welcome. :)

Brad

•••
you are being deliberately obtuse - you posted an external link, it does not matter if it was to a marketplace or anywhere else, you broke the rules. there is no vendetta, no conspiracy, no one in authority is out to get to get you etc etc etc

Everyone has posted the above in different wordings, including the mods and you still refuse to accept your wrong.......

Get over it and move on or carry on and keep making a fool of yourself......either way I am done with this thread....

Last edited:
•••
See again, it's posted in help and feedback, yet people want to reply here without posting help or feedback.

@Mod Team Echo
Hello again,

The following rule applies and is why your thread was moved:
1.5. Do not post anything suggestive, inquisitive, or critical of NamePros (e.g., policy, staff, or moderator activity: infractions, content approval, edited/deleted posts, etc.) except in the designated Help Desk area (e.g., in the private support or public feedback sections)
We hope that helps explain the move better.
Why is it you allow certain people to be rude and hateful to others?
Did you report the incident yet? If not, Please use the report feature on any post that you found to be hateful in violation of the rules so a moderator can investigate further.

We look forward to reviewing your reports.

Related: https://www.namepros.com/conversations/3121831/

Edited: We've also sent you a direct message to ask for feedback about how we can improve our templates so they do not come across as rude or threatening, which we didn't realize they did and wasn't our intention.

•••
Back