Dynadot

Portfolio Size Suddenly Doubled

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jason Baudendistel

CEO Wibbets IncRestricted (Market)
Impact
Anyone else ever have this happened? Wake up and suddenly 50 names has become 100. It feels like it was 50 a week ago. The struggle is real.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good evening,

You didn't just add the word 'Meta' to all of your domain names did you which would explain it!!!

Rgrds,

Reddstagg

•••
You have to be careful not to overfeed the addiction........

•••
•••
Good evening,

You didn't just add the word 'Meta' to all of your domain names did you which would explain it!!!

Rgrds,

Reddstagg

Lol. Thankfully no , I have 4 meta names Chinese and Japanese versions of Metaverse and Metauta which can be considered a regional play but is also a Japanese play.

English Meta domains left anything logical months ago minimum.

•••
Honestly most of the new names where combing the expireddomains scrap heap for value that everyone else might have missed. 95% of the names are available for a reason but with limited capital have to be willing to dig through the garbage for treasures that were missed.

•••
Why are you not happy?
I wouldn't say that just commenting on how easy it is to get carried away buying everything that even looks decent to you.

•••
Good evening,

Rgrds,

Reddstagg

metametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametameta

ChubbySelfreliantGarpike-size_restricted.gif

•••
Double your size of portfolio is better than waking up and see you have 2 wives.
One on the left and one on the right side of the bed.

Just imagine!!!

•••
•••
metametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametametameta

Show attachment 202799

That's defo me and my FOMO lol.

•••
Anyone else ever have this happened? Wake up and suddenly 50 names has become 100. It feels like it was 50 a week ago. The struggle is real.

Hi

it happened to me, but that was back when overture tool was still working, circa-2006-2008

started domaining in 2002 with $500 limit credit card, and 0 names
and by end of period above, i had accumulated a couple of thousand domains.

it seemed like i was doubling my holdings every year.
but, reg prices were much lower then, and there was less competition on the broader landscape.

now, the portfolio is down to only a couple hundred names. :)

imo...

•••
My portfolio size is linked with my portfolio performance, I follow two rules:

-1 Use only money coming from domains
-2 Acquire new names only if there are extra money left after have covered renewal expenditures

Last edited:
•••
The addiction is real! I stopped actively buying names quite a few years ago and only focus on the names that I have now (< 200).

Even with solid names, there are way too many tire kickers out there. No one wants to pay anything. Your cost goes up as you add more names to your portfolio. It might not seem like much but those carrying costs start to add up. This in turn can force you to sell your better names at lower prices.

What I have now is manageable. I don't care if I sell any names or not. Either pay the price or go away, way less stress for me!

•••
Good evening,

Rgrds,

Reddstagg

Hey, that was my joke :-D
meta-domains.gif

•••
Hey, that was my joke :-D
meta-domains.gif

Kudos to DomainGang for having the original thought...I accept no responsibility lol

Most people would argue that I doubled the size of my portfolio by adding hyphens to every name...I guess the joke then is on M-E lol

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back