Dynadot

discuss Portfolio size and domain sales ratio

NameSilo
Watch

HG572

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Hello everyone,

I have been buying domains for a few months now. My domain purchasing has slowed down somewhat over the last month due to better domain selection.

With that out of the way, I have a question about portfolio size and domain sales...

At what point did you start seeing domain sales? I have approximately 25 domains in my new portfolio that I think are decent. On average, I usually find 1 - 3 new domains a week.

I'm always learning by watching videos and reading posts. So I'm just wondering when I could potentially see my first sale. My goal this year is to get at least one domain sale...

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As stated here many times, portfolio size does not matter, quality over quantity.

Focus on common niche domains with a well paying market

•••
"RENEWAL Costs."

(just upgrading best top 50 .COM holdings only)

•••
Statistically you have 1% sale thru ratio per year, for the average portfolio and to an end-user (average price - $1000-5000).
For better portfolios: 2-4%.
For excellent - obviously, even higher.
So, you can pretty much do the math yourself.

Last edited:
•••
For me, it was around 100 domains, HOWEVER, if the quality of your 25 domains is excellent, you might see results sooner....

•••
For me, it was around 100 domains, HOWEVER, if the quality of your 25 domains is excellent, you might see results sooner....
Thanks for the reply. My goal this year is to create a portfolio of 100 domains. My current domains are decent, so with 100 domains I should also start getting some sales. I also plan to start doing more outboud this year.

I currently have my domains listed at Afternic, Sedo, and Dan. I'm using the landers provided by Afternic.

•••
Thanks for the reply. My goal this year is to create a portfolio of 100 domains. My current domains are decent, so with 100 domains I should also start getting some sales. I also plan to start doing more outboud this year.

I currently have my domains listed at Afternic, Sedo, and Dan. I'm using the landers provided by Afternic.

All correct, pretty much. Good goal, nice strategy - good luck! Just keep in mind that Afternic landers are 20%, vs some 5% (I believe?) for Dan or 10% with Epik.

•••
All correct, pretty much. Good goal, nice strategy - good luck! Just keep in mind that Afternic landers are 20%, vs some 5% (I believe?) for Dan or 10% with Epik.
I forgot to mention that I'm only buying .com domains.

•••
relying on domain sales, which are one and done only usually, is irrespective of the quality in name
(use the godaddy or whatever return policy 5-day icann)
50 .coms 4 me still only = TIME
all needed though is that one big fish catch to get set? for me this arrived in 2022-1999 in form of nba nfts\no renewal cost..

most of people that were domaining with me since millennialism either have dropped out and/or here thee millionaires
don't necessarily wait on it for 20 more years!

- have a special day

Last edited:
•••

Hi

"decent domains", is highly questionable, when it comes to quality levels, and to have 100 of them, could be a liability.
and who wants to receive solicitation emails from somebody trying to sell "decent domains"?

so, no sense in giving more advice without knowing what domains you actually own?
perhaps post your best 5 names and go from there.

imo..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back