Dynadot

Porkbun vs SAV? Looking to change registrars

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm looking to move my domains from Epik. I've been reasonably happy with them despite their high-profile support for some fringe right wing causes. I moved my domains there several years ago and now that Rob is gone and prices have gone up I'm exploring options. I like what I see at Porkbun and I can't quite figure SAV out. Has anyone out there tried both? What have your experiences been like? Do these two registrars differ in important ways? I guess I should consider "the new GoDaddy" too - but they have so much legacy code and they still make you join a club and pay dues to get their best prices (right?)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I like both.. Sav is better. Imjho

Porkbun have some usability and web page issues for editing dns records on mobile devices.

Last edited:
•••
Both are good. I use SAV for Domain Names for Sale, their integrated feature to Afternic, SAV landing page, and SAV marketplace are very helpful. But SAV interface doesn't support A Records, MX records and CName. If you want to use it as website or email, Porkbun is your choice. Especially for email, Porkbun is easier than Dynadot. For website Porkbun is the same with Dynadot, but Dynadot is slight better for its offer on Free https. Dynadot marketplace is also more advance from Porkbun. Dynadot marketplace is same good as SAV. And Porkbun and SAV have different domains they are sold.

For me, SAV, Porkbun and Dynadot are same good with their own advantages, depending to your needs

Last edited:
•••
I've been moving from Epik to Dynadot.

•••
Almost all domains moved to Porkbun. I must have clicked the wrong box and one of them is delayed 5 days. Epik was kind enough to send me bulk AUTH codes in batches of 100-200 at a time. Thanks for the advice!

•••
I have tried Sav and Porkbun, I prefer Sav for COM's but Porkbun for ngTLD's, affordable and easy to manage UI, of course both lack some functionalities, but they are improving slowly.
You can test also Cosmotown I heard Twiki say good things about them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back