IT.COM

Porkbun Official Thread

NameSilo
Watch

Porkbun

Established Member
Porkbun.com
Impact
OINK! Hello to everyone here at NamePros, I’m happy to be joining y’all. My name’s Eddie and as the title suggests this will be our official thread here for funneling announcements, questions, feedback, and anything else folks want to talk about. I or someone else on the team will be checking regularly and being as responsive as possible.

And of course, if you need help with your Porkbun account, you can reach our support team (including me) 9 am to 5 pm PST seven days a week at [email protected], 855-767-5286, or by clicking the “Help” icon on our site to start a live chat.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Less employees = more accountability. I find whenever companies start expanding/outsourcing employees it turns out for a negative customer experience.

I like the personable, hands on feel that PB gives.
That's great to hear.
The problem was sorted out. Thanks to awesome support provided by the team. They are very professional and reliable team. I will certainly continue to buy more domains from porkbun. :)
Wow, to hear such happiness from a registrar's customer support! Great job, Porkbun!

•••
What happened to pricing on your landers? Have to scroll to almost bottom of page to see price. Like to see that above the fold, in the blue box where it says

Exámple1.oink
This domain is for sale
( where is price?)

Great setup btw, very easy to maneuver and customize each lander.

The above is on mobile, where the price and BIN button are the 3rd block down below
we've got you covered and got questions
On the pc the landing page looks perfect
I think it would look better on mobile if the 2 blocks on right were the first 2 under the blue for sale lander. Price is a long way from the for sale sign

Last edited:
•••

🚨 .com domain sale!🚨

$7.98

First Year Price.
No Limits Per Customer. No Minimum Required.

We’re not OINKING around! New .com domain name registrations are only $7.98 each right now! That’s the lowest, no-strings attached .com price from any ICANN-accredited registrar. There’s no limit to this deal, so you can get all the .com domains you’ve been thinking about. This sale won’t last and when it’s gone, it’s gone, so don’t miss out.

Sale set to end March 31. Subject to change at any time.

REGISTER & SAVE
Edit: Unfortunately this promo has now ended.

Last edited:
•••
Just want to chime in that Porkbun is one of my faves, I use them for any "personal" domains (family names and whatnot), and for names I develop. I have a great deal of trust with porkbun and it's nice and simple without a ton of annoying ads/upsells/all the sketchy stuff that makes people hate the "big guys".

If you're able to answer, and I understand if not, but does Porkbun ever run transfer promos? I would move a lot of names over if there was a $8 transfer sale, for example.

•••
Just want to chime in that Porkbun is one of my faves, I use them for any "personal" domains (family names and whatnot), and for names I develop. I have a great deal of trust with porkbun and it's nice and simple without a ton of annoying ads/upsells/all the sketchy stuff that makes people hate the "big guys".

If you're able to answer, and I understand if not, but does Porkbun ever run transfer promos? I would move a lot of names over if there was a $8 transfer sale, for example.
Thanks for the kind words! Transfer deals are a bit harder to come by, registries rarely offer promos on transfers and renewals and we don't build a lot of margin on top of registry pricing. ACH pricing get's .com transfers down to $9.22, that's basically our cost at that point. If you're not signed up for ACH be sure to email support!

•••
Select all checkbox doesn't work on utiltaltautrtirauian view.

•••
@Porkbun your whois suck how to contact with owner of Registration.Domains ? I'd like to offer him RegistrationDomains.com for 5 usd
IMG_20230309_013350.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
Select all checkbox doesn't work on utiltaltautrtirauian view.
This should be fixed now, thanks for letting us know!

•••
@Porkbun your whois suck how to contact with owner of Registration.Domains ? I'd like to offer him RegistrationDomains.com for 5 usd
Show attachment 233521

That's not our WHOIS output, that is coming from the registry. See the part that says "Please query the RDDS service of the Registrar of Record identified in this output for information on how to contact the Registrant, Admin, or Tech contact of the queried domain name."? Do that and you'll see a URL that you can go to if you wish to contact the registrant.

•••
Please make that Paypal payment links can work without being logged in. Sometimes its other people than the account owner who pay for domain registration/renewals and it is preferred not to give access to the account just for that. Alternatively, allow giving limited privileges on per domain basis (not like the beta feature "authorized users" which means full access to everything) to other accounts (for example: payments or DNS management).

•••
Hi @Porkbun ,
Is there any chance you'll start supporting SedoMLS like you support Afternic FT?

Oh, and like @Peak.Domains , if you had a Transfer promo going I'd bring over 600 domains straight away. ;) I need to make a decision where those domains are going before the end of the month...

Also, at the risk of unpacking a huge can of worms (which I don't want to do)... I have noticed that you promote .gay and pride stuff rather heavily. You can do what you like of course, however, having been a long-time customer of Epik I have been very much turned off any companies who promote 'causes' (for want of a better word). Most people around here know that Epik was big on the free speech stuff, to say the least, and that seems to be a key reason they were hacked, along with a bunch of other stuff that has happened since. I ignored that for a long time, to my detriment. Anyway, to cut a long story short, a need a domain registrar who cares more about being a good domain registrar than about promoting causes (no matter how much merit they may or may not have). I apologise if this seems too forward, but could you please comment on this aspect, and perhaps advise whether you expect these promotions to continue? For me now, it is very much a case of 'once bitten, twice shy' after the whole Epik debacle and it's something I find myself considering as I decide on a new primary registrar.

Thanks.

•••
I see nothing on porkbun.com that shows anything like that. Looking at their homepage is an oddly satisfying experience.
Our life is simply causes and beliefs. And were right.
🐷

•••
I see nothing on porkbun.com that shows anything like that. Looking at their homepage is an oddly satisfying experience.
Our life is simply causes and beliefs. And were right.
🐷
:)
I guess you don't receive their emails then. That is what I'm referring to.

•••
I do but never noticed anything out of ordinary.
Kinda reminds me of the rover getting his panties in a knot over color of the skin of person in/on their emails.
But your reference to Epik and their actions has everyone somewhat defensive now.
Thankfully were not vegetarians 🥓

•••
I have noticed that you promote .gay and pride stuff rather heavily. You can do what you like of course, however, having been a long-time customer of Epik I have been very much turned off any companies who promote 'causes' (for want of a better word).
Hi @Porkbun ,
Is there any chance you'll start supporting SedoMLS like you support Afternic FT?
100% agree. In light of recent changes @ GoDaddy, SedoMLS support is a must!

For the record, Porkbun is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Top Level Design. Top Level Design runs dot gay:

https://toplevel.design/gay

•••
Hi @Porkbun ,

Oh, and like @Peak.Domains , if you had a Transfer promo going I'd bring over 600 domains straight away. ;) I need to make a decision where those domains are going before the end of the month...

Also, at the risk of unpacking a huge can of worms (which I don't want to do)... I have noticed that you promote .gay and pride stuff rather heavily. You can do what you like of course, however, having been a long-time customer of Epik I have been very much turned off any companies who promote 'causes' (for want of a better word). Most people around here know that Epik was big on the free speech stuff, to say the least, and that seems to be a key reason they were hacked, along with a bunch of other stuff that has happened since. I ignored that for a long time, to my detriment. Anyway, to cut a long story short, a need a domain registrar who cares more about being a good domain registrar than about promoting causes (no matter how much merit they may or may not have). I apologise if this seems too forward, but could you please comment on this aspect, and perhaps advise whether you expect these promotions to continue? For me now, it is very much a case of 'once bitten, twice shy' after the whole Epik debacle and it's something I find myself considering as I decide on a new primary registrar.

Thanks.
We've looked at Sedo integration in the past, their system is more complex and thus it's been hard for us to support as a small registrar team. That said, as others have noted, now may be a good time for us to revisit.

Registries rarely offer transfer promotions considering it doesn't really mean anything to them where your domain is hosted. Our margins are typically pretty slim to the point of most domains are close to their actual cost. ACH can be a good option for bulk orders as it would eliminate credit card fees.

Our parent company manages .gay, and with that said we would treat it the same way even if that wasn't the case. There are many social or cultural specific TLDs, and we sell domains, so that means we promote .green, .asia, .lat, .eco, .lgbt ,and more. We strongly support what our colleagues at .gay are doing: it is the first TLD to ban hate and donate a consistent percentage of its revenue to LGBTQ+ organizations, having raised over $180,000. Identifying as LGBTQ+ is not a cause, and promoting domains whether it is .com or .lgbt is our passion and job. We're glad to work with .gay and other TLDs that make our job more engaging. I would never usually recommend this but perhaps your best bet is to use our industry-best platform and unsubscribe from our marketing, if that is what you are trying to avoid. Thank you for being a customer and have a great day.

•••
For the record, Porkbun is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Top Level Design. Top Level Design runs dot gay
Thanks. That would certainly explain their promotion of that TLD then!!!

We've looked at Sedo integration in the past, their system is more complex and thus it's been hard for us to support as a small registrar team. That said, as others have noted, now may be a good time for us to revisit.
Yes, I certainly think that would be helpful, and would place you further up the list in terms of registrars that are of greatest value to the domaining community.

Registries rarely offer transfer promotions considering it doesn't really mean anything to them where your domain is hosted. Our margins are typically pretty slim to the point of most domains are close to their actual cost. ACH can be a good option for bulk orders as it would eliminate credit card fees.
Yeah, I totally understand. I was thinking more from a point of view that some registrars at various points in time have run it as a loss-leader. E.g. If you do a bulk transfer of 500 domains (and pay by ACH) we'll do them at $8.49 each, knowing that many of those domains will be renewed for years to come and you make your profit down the track. I know some people would look for another deal next time and transfer out again, but most do not. I certainly know that I have tended to keep all my domains at one registrar and renewed there continually as it just makes management a heap easier. So all of my portfolio has been continually renewed at Epik for about the last 6 years. Given the absolute fiasco that Epik has turned into (to put it politely) I now find myself having to move.

Not only do you get the ongoing renewals from such a promo, but it increases your domains under management, which in turn should have an incremental increase in marketplace sales from which you also earn commission (further increasing your profit, or at least supplementing the funds that were used for the loss-leader).

I realise you operate on very thin margins, so this is not necessarily a simple equation, but it certainly can work.

Our parent company manages .gay, and with that said we would treat it the same way even if that wasn't the case. There are many social or cultural specific TLDs, and we sell domains, so that means we promote .green, .asia, .lat, .eco, .lgbt ,and more. We strongly support what our colleagues at .gay are doing: it is the first TLD to ban hate and donate a consistent percentage of its revenue to LGBTQ+ organizations, having raised over $180,000. Identifying as LGBTQ+ is not a cause, and promoting domains whether it is .com or .lgbt is our passion and job. We're glad to work with .gay and other TLDs that make our job more engaging. I would never usually recommend this but perhaps your best bet is to use our industry-best platform and unsubscribe from our marketing, if that is what you are trying to avoid. Thank you for being a customer and have a great day.
Thank you for your comments, and for your suggestion. :)
I appreciate your time.

•••
Possibly the most complicated aspect is that Sedo is sending some prices in Euros and British Pounds. No better time to deal with it today! Why? You may not be tracking afternic-dan intergration issues, but it is what they failed to implement correctly (or at all). Many customers are now listing those via Sedo. Without Sedo being supported @ pokbun, it limits ones ability to list his porkbun-regged domains on Sedo, and, in any case, Sedo is receiving more business now - but Porkbun is missing it completely, including enduser sales!

Last edited:
•••
Psst... $7.98 for a new .com, 48 hours only.

No limits, no minimums. Go hog wild!

₍ᐢ. ⚇ .ᐢ₎

•••
Thanking you and bumping this so other members can see this deal and benefit from it after your post was immediately buried 3 pages down by a damn idiot spammer posting dozens of BS "appraisals" in mere minutes

Last edited:
•••
•••

No limits, no minimums. Go hog wild!

₍ᐢ. ⚇ .ᐢ₎
New reg's only, I assume?

•••
New reg's only, I assume?
Correct, new registrations only.

Only a few more hours left! Sale ends tonight at midnight UTC (5 pm PT).

•••
Has anyone tried adding names to Porkbun Marketplace with the check mark for using their lander page and had issues the last few days?

I have listed many in past without issues. But now it spins for minutes never completing the DNS. If you do not check the Park on Marketplace, it will update the price properly.

I have tried with multiple names and with multiple TLDs. I do have the problem reported to support at Porkbun, but thought I would post here to see if anyone else is having same problems.

I am using Chrome (the newest one from overnight) on a Silicon M1 Mac, but to see if that was the problem tried Incognito Chrome and Safari and both respond the same way. I do not go through a VPN or use ad blockers, and have not had a network change since everything worked fine.

I have successfully listed many dozens on marketplace previously, so it is a new problem for me. I can't recall exactly when I last listed without problems, I think about two weeks ago or so.

Bob

@Porkbun

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back