IT.COM

Porkbun Official Thread

NameSilo
Watch

Porkbun

Established Member
Porkbun.com
Impact
OINK! Hello to everyone here at NamePros, I’m happy to be joining y’all. My name’s Eddie and as the title suggests this will be our official thread here for funneling announcements, questions, feedback, and anything else folks want to talk about. I or someone else on the team will be checking regularly and being as responsive as possible.

And of course, if you need help with your Porkbun account, you can reach our support team (including me) 9 am to 5 pm PST seven days a week at [email protected], 855-767-5286, or by clicking the “Help” icon on our site to start a live chat.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Will you be updating the display of your marketplace in the near future? It's difficult to see domains that are listed there. Also, are there any new developments in the works for landers?

•••
Will you be updating the display of your marketplace in the near future? It's difficult to see domains that are listed there. Also, are there any new developments in the works for landers?
We haven't made any plans (yet) for adding a list of domains for sale on our marketplace, but I'll be sure to communicate the request up the chain. If you have any examples or specific requests, I can get that compiled into a proper ticket for our dev team.

Landers have been updated, I've forgotten to make a big post announcing all the marketing updates from the last couple months so here it is:

Marketplace Landers

Landers are completely redone to be more clean and descriptive.
  • Every lander can have a contact form.
  • We'll display some basic analytics for all marketplace landers (users and views).
  • You can also add your own Google Analytics ID for tracking.
  • You can now list domains via a CSV upload, including managing their settings.
  • You can specify casing for your domain, e.g. have it show "BuyThisDomain.com."
See example: kesha.buzz

Domain Management

We added a "Domain Management Settings" tab that will change your domain management view. Y'all probably benefit the most from Utilitarian View, which strips out a lot of the pretty bits to load both faster and more domains at a glance. You can further customize to show nameservers and estimated renewal prices, just note that these will slow things down a bit.

There's also options to customize things like pagination, load all domains at once, hide external domains, etc. These are all sticky too so it'll load the same every time you enter your Porkbun account.

There were also some improvements done with search, filters, and sorting to make them all work together as well as filter by multiple labels.

Also bulk management options have been expanded, including you can now upload a CSV file of domains you want to bulk manage in addition to doing a pasted list. There's also just a number of new bulk actions you can do including:
  • Upload CSV of Marketplace settings (like I said above).
  • Download CSV of URL forwarding settings.
  • Download DNS records.
  • Download Afternic ready file.
  • Download Domain settings w/ Auth Codes.
  • and w/o Auth Codes.
  • Delete all external domains (domains that have transferred out).
There's continuously more stuff rolling out and we're of course still taking any feedback as fast as we can implement, so please feel free to chime in with further improvements y'all would like to see!

OINK!

•••
There's continuously more stuff rolling out and we're of course still taking any feedback as fast as we can implement, so please feel free to chime in with further improvements y'all would like to see!
You folks have been busy in Oregon! One simple request would be, to not have to have the buyer pay for the renewal as part of the lander, if expiration is greater than 60-90 days.

Has this ever been tested to see whether, by NOT requiring the renewal fee up front, there is a higher sale success rate?

Right now, it appears that landers in general across various registrars require the renewal fee upfront with the sale, regardless of how far away the expiration date is.

Last edited:
•••
You folks have been busy in Oregon! One simple request would be, for a domain not expiring within the next 60-90 days, to not have to have the buyer pay for the renewal as part of the lander. Has this ever been that ested, to see whether by NOT requiring the renewal fee up front, that there is a higher sale success rate?

Right now, it appears that landers in general require the renewal fee upfront with the sale, regardless of how far away the expiration date is.
I don't believe renewals are part of a marketplace transaction. We show the expiration date and what the current renewal rate is at time of transfer, but otherwise you're just buying the domain as is a the cost the seller has listed it for.

•••
I don't believe renewals are part of a marketplace transaction. We show the expiration date and what the current renewal rate is at time of transfer, but otherwise you're just buying the domain as is a the cost the seller has listed it for.
Wow, nice! That is a very nice distinction from other landers I have seen! Could you double check that, to make certain that's still the case?

At this time, can you use the Porkbun landers if you are not currently using Porkbunas a registrar? I'd love to give it a try!

Last edited:
•••
Wow, nice! That is a very nice distinction from other landers I have seen! Could you double check that, to make certain that's still the case?

At this time, can you use the Porkbun landers if you are not currently using Porkbunas a registrar? I'd love to give it a try!
Your domain would have to be registered at Porkbun in order for it to be listed in our marketplace. Keeping it all in our system is how we're able to offer a low 7% commission rate, instant transfer, and no transfer fee. Of course you can still list your domain in other aftermarkets while it's listed in our marketplace, use a different lander, etc.

•••
You swines got something cooking.
How do I CamelCase my name and add my google code? Looking now on mobile
May the pork be with you 🐽

•••
Another simple question is: do they have a "kosher" version for their landers?!:xf.wink:
Ok, sorry, just needed a little lander humor this afternoon!

•••
When you click on the domain's marketplace settings, about half way down should be "Domain Display" as well as the section for your Google Analytics ID.

•••
Thanks for the feedback mate, I've added to our development queue to see if we can get this rolled out.
I'm already experiencing problems managing my portfolio at Porkbun because of this missing feature. I hope a bulk delete option is implemented soon. Ty.

Last edited:
•••
I'm already experiencing problems managing my portfolio at Porkbun because of this missing feature. I hope a bulk delete option is implemented soon. Ty.
How is this a problem rather than an inconvenience? Curious.

•••
How is this a problem rather than an inconvenience? Curious.
Excellent question on the difference between a problem and an inconvenience, thank you for asking :)

Last year I started registering many cheap $0.98 promo domains through Porkbun, and now I'm deciding which one to keep. The majority are not renewed. Since hundreds of domains are involved every day, it is practically impossible to delete them one by one using the Porkbun GUI. You have to take a lot of steps and then do a final email confirmation of this as well. The Porkbun GUI has become really, really slow (even with "Simplified View" enabled). The Search function is extremely slow as well. The Sort function is slow. I also can't hide the expired domains from my account (such as GoDaddy's "Only show active domains" filter). Porkbun will continue to email me daily for the next few months with these expired domains in my account. As a result, the other domains that are important become practically invisible. I don't want to see these domains again, just bulk remove them from my account.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Porkbun, but for managing a large portfolio there is certainly room for improvement.

Last edited:
•••
OINK! Hello to everyone here at NamePros, I’m happy to be joining y’all. My name’s Eddie and as the title suggests this will be our official thread here for funneling announcements, questions, feedback, and anything else folks want to talk about. I or someone else on the team will be checking regularly and being as responsive as possible.

And of course, if you need help with your Porkbun account, you can reach our support team (including me) 9 am to 5 pm PST seven days a week at [email protected], 855-767-5286, or by clicking the “Help” icon on our site to start a live chat.

Last edited:
•••
I bought two domains at porkbun.com . When I went to buy a third one there was pop up message which said that I need to verify my ID (through a third party verification system) in order to make more purchase. Is this normal?
What type of payment were you using? Cryptocurrency?

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
no, just a normal VISA debit card.

I have bought a lot of domains at Godaddy and Namecheap without any problems.

What do you mean by cybercurrency? Is there an option available at porkbun.com to buy domains using cybercurrency?
Sorry about the confusion. Meant to say cryptocurrency, which they do accept.
Sounds like it's an issue for their customer service to sort out.
Hope you get this resolved soon, as you sound very frustrated by it--especially since it was never a problem with those other marketplaces.

Last edited:
•••
Hope you get this resolved soon, as you sound very frustrated by it--especially since it was never a problem with those other marketplaces.

•••
•••

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Interesting point. Why do you say that?
Less employees = more accountability. I find whenever companies start expanding/outsourcing employees it turns out for a negative customer experience.

I like the personable, hands on feel that PB gives.

•••
We’re a little more than 5 people, but we do have a small-but-mighty team and are pretty transparent about that. You can check us all out on our About Us page here: https://porkbun.com/about

We do try and stay nimble and personal as much as we can. We do have a number of anti-fraud and abuse mechanisms that sometimes catch a false positive, our support team is usually pretty good about clearing those up as they surface.

@blissgrin it sounds like you previously had a problem but as far as I can tell you've deleted all your posts, certainly if you're still having an issue feel free to reach out to support directly at [email protected] and we'll get it sorted.

•••
We’re a little more than 5 people, but we do have a small-but-mighty team and are pretty transparent about that. You can check us all out on our About Us page here: https://porkbun.com/about

We do try and stay nimble and personal as much as we can. We do have a number of anti-fraud and abuse mechanisms that sometimes catch a false positive, our support team is usually pretty good about clearing those up as they surface.

@blissgrin it sounds like you previously had a problem but as far as I can tell you've deleted all your posts, certainly if you're still having an issue feel free to reach out to support directly at [email protected] and we'll get it sorted.
The problem was sorted out. Thanks to awesome support provided by the team. They are very professional and reliable team. I will certainly continue to buy more domains from porkbun. :)

•••
Back