IT.COM

Porkbun - Newly Registered Domains Not In My Account

NameSilo
Watch

Charley

Striving To Be The BestVIP Member
Impact
I registered 1 domain in .co on March 30 and 1 in .online on March 31 using bitcoin. Both payments were completed based on the confirmations from block chain.

The names are not in my account. What is the reason?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Porkbun Email

On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 5:41 AM, Porkbun Support <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi,

I'm not sure why it didn't make it through, but we don't have access to the funds, it got stuck at Stripe for some reason. Please check your spam folder to see if you received a refund offer from Stripe.

Best,
Ross Brackett
Support Manager
--
Porkbun | porkbun.com | @Porkbun GREAT OKAY NOT GOOD
{#HS:552156201-14685#}
ND-QDel76fXdt4Qz8HkYaDg0lcmcYsPjs94OZDmMJvKX_zTbPaDffRZbQ3ECvNqdc4eeBKvoxP_5ozQdpDhUap04Obt6lvKgsV_dni46HPKMgFNoCJ2Zh3S0ShpqQ5w=s0-d-e1-ft

On Sun, Apr 1, 2018 at 3:27 AM PDT, <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello Ross

I don't understand, please let me know the reason as to why the domain didn't register.

I haven't received a refund of the bitcoin payment and also I was charged a transaction fee along with the domain registration price.

I registered xxxxxx.online on March 31, could you let me know why that domain isn't in my account?

Bitcoin address

3xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxR

Transaction

0xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxf

On Sat, Mar 31, 2018 at 9:34 PM PDT, Porkbun Support <[email protected]> wrote:

For whatever reason it didn't make it through. You should receive a refund offer from Stripe shortly. Please let me know if you don't receive it.

Best,
Ross Brackett
Support Manager
--
Porkbun | porkbun.com | @Porkbun

xxxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:

I sent a domain registration payment to 3xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxi. The bitcoin transaction is
dxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxd.

I haven't received the domain yet.

Could you let me know the reason?

Stripe Email For .CO Registration

On Sun, Apr 1, 2018 at 3:47 PM, xxxxx <[email protected]> wrote:

I don't understand, please let me know the reason as to why the order could not be completed. I paid the domain registration price along with a transaction fee to process the bitcoin payment.

On Sun, Apr 1, 2018 at 1:32 AM, Stripe Support <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello,

We are contacting you on behalf of Porkbun LLC[0], concerning a $6.75 payment you recently made with them using Bitcoin.

Your order could not be completed. We have issued a $6.75 refund to return these funds to you.

To process this refund, please visit the following link and submit the required information:

https://stripe.com/sources/refund?amount=675&currency=usd&source=src_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&client_secret=src_client_secret_Cxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As soon as we collect this information, we will transfer $6.75 to you.

Feel free to reply to this email with any questions.

Yours,

The Stripe Team

[0] Porkbun LLC uses Stripe to process payments online (https://stripe.com)

Stripe Email for .Online Registration

On Sun, Apr 1, 2018 at 6:06 PM, Stripe Support <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello,

We are contacting you on behalf of Porkbun LLC[0], concerning a $0.88 payment you recently made with them using Bitcoin.

Your order could not be completed. We have issued a $0.88 refund to return these funds to you.

To process this refund, please visit the following link and submit the required information:

https://stripe.com/sources/refund?amount=88&currency=usd&source=src_xxxxxxxxxx&client_secret=src_client_secret_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As soon as we collect this information, we will transfer $0.88 to you.

Feel free to reply to this email with any questions.

Yours,

The Stripe Team

[0] Porkbun LLC uses Stripe to process payments online (https://stripe.com)[/quote

•••
I checked the whois of the newly registered .online domain and it's registered on Porkbun. But not in my account.

See attached

I am shocked.

What should I do?

Attachments

• RegisteredDomain.JPG
    RegisteredDomain.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 96
  • porkbundomains.JPG
    porkbundomains.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
•••
As per my understanding they took ownership and are monetizing my registered .online domain name. The name was parked on Bodis previously.

Hello charley,

Another Bodis user recently requested the following domain names to be moved into his account:

xxxxx.online

After reviewing the request, we have come to the conclusion to approve the request. This email serves as a notification regarding this transfer. In case there was a mistake and you are the rightful owner of one or more of the above mentioned domain names, please get in touch with Bodis support immediately by sending an email directly to[email protected].

Sincerely,
The Bodis Team

Bodis - Committed to parking. www.bodis.com

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hey, Ross from Porkbun here. So, I can't reveal much info here since registrant information is confidential at Porkbun, but I can assure everyone that we didn't register the domain in question and monetize it. I can confirm that the domain in question was indeed registered at Porkbun after this initial payment attempt failed, but it absolutely wasn't us who registered it. Furthermore, we didn't tell anyone about the attempted registration, either. Porkbun absolutely does not and will not engage in front running of any sort and we view the practice as unethical.

We had the lowest .online registration pricing in the industry at the time, so it makes sense that another registrant would try to register it with us as well. My guess is it was just a coincidence, or the SLD in question is popular right now and that's why someone else snatched it up.

•••
but I can assure everyone that we didn't register the domain in question and monetize it.

The domain in question was registered and owned by me since the year 2016. There was no ownership prior.

It expired and was deleted from the registry on March 29. And I registered it on March 31.

I can confirm that the domain in question was indeed registered at Porkbun after this initial payment attempt failed, but it absolutely wasn't us who registered it.

See attached screenshots from my bitcoin wallet and the Bitcoin Insight. The payment was successful on March 31.

Screenshot1.png Screenshot_2.png

The support staff can track bitcoin payments. I've been using Bitcoins for the last 2 years on sites like Namecheap, Namesilo without any issues at all.

BTW, I've not received a refund of this payment yet.

Furthermore, we didn't tell anyone about the attempted registration, either. Porkbun absolutely does not and will not engage in front running of any sort and we view the practice as unethical.

As per the bitcoin wallet and the Bitcoin Insight screenshots, the domain in question should have been registered and added to my account on March 31.

Do you expect me to believe that it was registered on April 1 by someone else using the same registrar?

We had the lowest .online registration pricing in the industry at the time, so it makes sense that another registrant would try to register it with us as well. My guess is it was just a coincidence, or the SLD in question is popular right now and that's why someone else snatched it up.

The payment was completed successfully on March 31 and it should have been in my account.

It's not a coincidence at all. The SLD is Spanish and not English. Someone else snatching the domain in question on .online cannot possibly happen and has a probability of zero

Last edited:
•••
So, I can't reveal much info here since registrant information is confidential at Porkbun

I have disclosed everything. Transparency is practiced in every business.

Porkbun customers and potential customers are watching this thread.

Attached screenshots
from my bitcoin wallet and the Bitcoin Insight

Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot1.png

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for sharing this info
Take a look at your screenshots later. I am vegetarian so you know how i feel about pork bun

•••
Apologies, I just meant I can't post more info about this case here on the forum without revealing confidential information about your account. I just sent you an email response.

•••
Apologies, I just meant I can't post more info about this case here on the forum without revealing confidential information about your account. I just sent you an email response.

I'm revealing the information you sent me. Email below

Date: Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 10:44 PM
To: [email protected]

Hi,

Just to clarify the situation, I understand you sent the payment, and although it was Bitcoin confirmed, we never saw it. The confirmations either didn't arrive in time for the transaction, or some other factor unknown to us prevented Stripe from thinking they had the funds. When the confirmations arrived, Stripe realized it was too late to complete the transaction and issued you a refund.

As such, the transaction never went through. You never received a receipt from us, and our interface did not display a confirmation of a successful transaction.

Hours later, coincidentally, another customer registered the domain. We do not know this customer, and did not provide them with any information about your registration attempt. As stated before, we do not engage in that practice and view it as unethical. Domain registrations are handled on a first-come, first-served basis. This individual may have been monitoring the domain for expiration and then registered it with us once they saw it was available; however this is just a guess, we do not know this person. It is for this reason that we always recommend transferring in a domain before it expires rather than letting a registration lapse and attempting to re-register.

Since you indicated you never received a refund, we have issued you an account credit for $0.88. If you'd prefer cash in hand, we're glad to send it to a PayPal account, just let us know.

Best,
Ross Brackett
Support Manager
--
Porkbun | porkbun.com | @Porkbun GREAT OKAY NOT GOOD

•••
My Response To The Email

Just to clarify the situation, I understand you sent the payment, and although it was Bitcoin confirmed, we never saw it. The confirmations either didn't arrive in time for the transaction, or some other factor unknown to us prevented Stripe from thinking they had the funds. When the confirmations arrived, Stripe realized it was too late to complete the transaction and issued you a refund.

As such, the transaction never went through. You never received a receipt from us, and our interface did not display a confirmation of a successful transaction.

Hours later, coincidentally, another customer registered the domain. We do not know this customer, and did not provide them with any information about your registration attempt. As stated before, we do not engage in that practice and view it as unethical. Domain registrations are handled on a first-come, first-served basis.

As I understand or anyone reading this thread, the only reason the domain in question [which has some value] wasn't registered on March 31, 2018 is because my registration was not processed or held back. On April 1, 2018 at 07:36:53 [attached whois in permalink 3], an unknown customer registers the domain in question. On Apr 1, 2018 at 6:06 PM, I receive an email from Stripe regarding the refund. [attached email from Stripe in permalink #2]

Nice try Ross. Excellent customer support!!!!!

The confirmations either didn't arrive in time for the transaction, or some other factor unknown to us prevented Stripe from thinking they had the funds. When the confirmations arrived, Stripe realized it was too late to complete the transaction and issued you a refund.

As such, the transaction never went through.

I would like to see the screenshots of the transaction and confirmations received by you or Stripe.

I have attached all evidence to prove my point

Since you indicated you never received a refund, we have issued you an account credit for $0.88. If you'd prefer cash in hand, we're glad to send it to a PayPal account, just let us know.

Henceforth, I will never use Porkbun for registering, transfering domain names.

I am willing to spend extra dollars to register, transfer domain names on any other registrar with ethics and great customer support.

I don't want the free credit for $0.88, Thanks. Please process the refund on bitcoin only which was requested on April 1.

refund.JPG

Last edited:
•••
Ross, I've not received any response and the bitcoin refund yet.

•••
OP could you please share the .online domain ?

•••
Some times in life we need to pick our battles and value our time. While it appears very suspicious the name was reg'd just after you tried and payment rejected look at the bright side. You now know who not to do business with going forward. This is a fight you cannot win or want to spend a dollar trying, jmo. Sorry to hear this happened to you.

•••
•••
•••
Probably not everyone is familiar with bitcoin here. One thing to know is that while it's fully digital it is not an immediate payment method.
Bitcoin relies on a system of 'confirmations'. The blockchain is not updated in real time.
In a nutshell:
  • Payments with 0 confirmations can still be reversed.
  • Many companies will want more than one confirmation. Each confirmation would add about 10 minutes delay.
The registry obviously depends on the payment processor. Until payment is cleared nothing happens. Credit card payments can take a while to clear too.
If you send me money now, you have paid. It doesn't mean I got paid yet. Until I have the money I will not deliver goods/service to you.

PS: Stripe: Ending Bitcoin support

•••
While it appears very suspicious the name was reg'd just after you tried and payment rejected look at the bright side. You now know who not to do business with going forward.

Ross is reluctant to provide any evidence of his baseless, insupportable claims. It looks like a scam.

•••
Probably not everyone is familiar with bitcoin here. One thing to know is that while it's fully digital it is not an immediate payment method.
Bitcoin relies on a system of 'confirmations'.

Kate, please refer to the screenshot in permalink #8. The transaction has 634 confirmations. Recently I sent a bitcoin payment of $40 to another service provider, it was confirmed in 5 minutes.

Until payment is cleared nothing happens.

My payment was cleared on the same day without any issues at all.

And I've not received the refund yet.

It's deplorable and Ross Brackett is unresponsive.

Last edited:
•••
Sorry, I wasn't checking this thread, I didn't realize you were waiting on us. Please contact [email protected] with a bitcoin address and we'll issue a refund there instead.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back