Dynadot

Polldaddy.com to become CrowdSignal.com

Labeled as domains in Domain Industry News started by MadAboutDomains, Oct 21, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. MadAboutDomains

MadAboutDomains Active Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I saw this on DNW.com.. Polldaddy.com to rename to CrowdSignal.com:
    https://domainnamewire.com/2018/10/18/crowdsignal-is-polldaddys-new-name

I wanted to post this, as it's news and I also wanted to see what people thought of the name change.

In my mind they're going from a great memorable name that really stands out, to something that is kinda weak and easily forgettable.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. PotatoeSalad

PotatoeSalad Established Member

I like the new name a lot better. It sounds more trustworthy and professional to me, and isn't as limiting as just "polls". It's more descriptive, less tacky. Also, poll/pole/pull can all sound similar (not to mention sounding quite similar to a certain registrar that doesn't have the greatest reputation in the world), but with the new name there's no possibility for confusion. I think this was a good move.

3. FolioTeam

FolioTeam Established Member

I prefer the new name too

4. Kate

Kate Domainosaurus Rex VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

In my opinion, a domain that contains 'daddy' is not very professional :) Almost sounds like adult :sneaky:

5. Domaining Ocean

Domaining Ocean Member VIP

CrowdSignal.com is more professional

6. hookbox

hookbox Active Member VIP

CrowdSignal.com sold in Godaddy Auctions December 2014 for $200. Info obtained from old article from @equity78 - tldinvestors.com. Original owner may have renewed at Godaddy so sale may not be 100% accurate.

7. cyborg1960

cyborg1960 Established Member

railway ties more professional

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: