Not open for further replies.
Name :
Type of Contest : LOGO
Prize : US$100 first prize & each runner up IF selected US$60 via PayPal
Contest End Date & Time : 28th September 2009
Size Requirements : Large Medium Small .png file or something scalable
Color Requirements : Be Creative
General Requirements : Easily Recognizable & Be Creative & ORIGINAL
Additional Information : name to be included in logo with or without web address polarbear.net

What we do - PBT provides Grants for Polar Bear Research, Education and Conservation.

Im sure ive probably forgotten something let me know if you have any questions

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
polarbear1.gif

polarbear2.gif

polarbear3.gif

Last edited:
•••
Hi Deb,

Here are the top two without the web address.
polarbear1.gif

I'm also working on a new design and hoping to post it soon. Your recent comments about a bold authoritative font that's not too common was actually very useful and gave me a new idea.

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

OK, here is my new entry.
polarbear141.gif

I might post some slightly different versions of it soon.

You want this badly Erdinc

I really like your revisions...your giving SA some very serious competition for 1st its very close.

My laptop screen died last night so im using the local hotel computer which is really slow. i am asking pascale to have a look at your new designs in the next few hours.

i need to announce ALL winners within 24hrs

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

font and color can easily be adjusted later....

polarbearv8afl.jpg

polarbearv9afl.jpg

polarbearv9bfl.jpg

Thanks sf1010 but im leaning towards others at this stage. i appreciate your entries thank you.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Revised font
Here's a couple different font variations (Bold, but different & not common)

Feedback appreciated​

Hi SA i am after a bold clear font please that one is a little hard to read from a distance. cheers

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

i will get some feedback on which version and then ill need you to add the web address. but wait a couple of hours i should have a better idea. Probably the top one...but not sure yet.

•••
Hi Deb,
Alteration requests are always welcome and that's no problem at all. Even when the contest finishes and you have announced the winners, you can still request more changes before making a payment. It works like this at namepros. In fact many of us wouldn't mind small changes like colour, text or size even long after the contest.

I'm adding the web address right now.

Cheers
Erdinc

•••
Thanks sf1010 but im leaning towards others at this stage. i appreciate your entries thank you.

no problem. good luck everyone! ;)

•••
Here are all 6 versions with the web address. Let me know if you want one version with the other web address "polarbear.net". Cheers. Erdinc
polarbear7.gif

Edit:
Just so that you know, scorpio, I and most other designers here at namepros work with vector graphics which is great for logo design and it enables scaling up or down unlimitedly without loss of any quality whether it be icon size or billboard size. Here is a detail from design 1:
polarbear8.gif

Last edited:
•••
Just so that you know, scorpio, I and most other designers here at namepros work with vector graphics which is great for logo design and it enables scaling up or down unlimitedly without loss of any quality whether it be icon size or billboard size. Here is a detail from design 1:

Glad I'm not the only one... Just so you know, I'm a vector designer & never even render rasters unless I have to, i even stay away from gradients / transparencies / filters / & effects, because they always convert to a solid raster in the rendering process. (Unless you work with vector mesh, but that's a different story all together). :tu:

Last edited:
•••
Since you said design 1 is probably better than the others I have worked more on that design and came up with this one. Feel free to disregard it if you think it came too late but I didn't know which one to focus on earlier.

It is now 3:30am of the 29th here in the UK. Anyway, if one of my recent six designs is selected I will throw in this one as a bonus.

Yes, I'm working hard these days since I need to create an online portfolio which will help me finding a new job. Cheers. Erdinc

polarbear1.gif

Last edited:
•••
Winner announced within hours. 1 or 2 runner ups

Cheers

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Since you said design 1 is probably better than the others I have worked more on that design and came up with this one. Feel free to disregard it if you think it came too late but I didn't know which one to focus on earlier.

It is now 3:30am of the 29th here in the UK. Anyway, if one of my recent six designs is selected I will throw in this one as a bonus.

Yes, I'm working hard these days since I need to create an online portfolio which will help me finding a new job. Cheers. Erdinc

polarbear1.gif

what does the web address look like in white?

Last edited:
•••
Will post in a minute.

---------- Post added at 05:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 AM ----------

It looks like this in white:
polarbear2m.gif

•••
Will post in a minute.

---------- Post added at 05:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 AM ----------

It looks like this in white:
polarbear2m.gif

what time is where you are erdinc?

•••
06:25 am in the morning. It's not because this contest that I'm awake though.

•••
Open a Beer Erdinc You WIN US$100 : )

And you have US$60 runner up prize as well.

Please get in contact to work out the details. and there are some small revsions and variations to be further done over the next week but no rush.

Erdinc gets an additional US$40 bonus.

SA im going with this concept as main logo you were in front and your design was Excellent and i appreciate your work. send me your paypal and ill buy you a couple of beers.

Ill be offline for about 12 hours : )

•••
Wow, thank you Deb for choosing my design. With those recent designs I was very close to the best I could design and I would feel satisfied even if I hadn't won but winning is really great.

Sending paypal info via pm. Thank you.

•••
Wow, thank you Deb for choosing my design. With those recent designs I was very close to the best I could design and I would feel satisfied even if I hadn't won but winning is really great.

Sending paypal info via pm. Thank you.

US$200 Paid Total Thank You

Will be in touch tomorrow by PM :wave:

•••
Payment received. Thank you Deb.

Thread can be closed.

I'm very pleased with this contest and you can have unlimited number of requests/alterations etc. I might even design some extra graphics for free once your website is up and running. God, I love those polar bears now even more. :lol:

•••
Congrats, Erdinc. Not very often to see the winner and runner up as the same person. :)

Scorp, you actually thought you're the only one here using only vectors for making the logos? :D And I definitely recommend to use gradients as well in you designs. :)

•••
Congratz on the win Erdinc! You deserved it ;)

•••
Congrats, Erdinc. Not very often to see the winner and runner up as the same person. :)

Scorp, you actually thought you're the only one here using only vectors for making the logos? :D And I definitely recommend to use gradients as well in you designs. :)
No, of course I didn't think i was the only vector designer, I was replying to Erdinc who made it sound like (Implying) I didn't design in vector & that my work was sub-par. So I used some tact in my reply as to not sound like I was offended by his educational lesson he gave me when singling me out of the crowd (In the middle of a contest mind you) to try & teach me how to design. (I'm sure if you read his comment first, then mine, you see what I mean) -- FYI "Gradients are raster based unless you are using vector mesh, I design in vector only" - :)

@ Erdinc
Congrats on the win Erdinc, Very nice design, well executed, & a well deserved win. You are a great designer :)

@ Deb
Thanks for a wonderful contest, it definitely brought out some competitive spirit amongst the designers here. You are truly a great contest holder & have selected a top notch, high quality concept to represent your organization. I'll keep an eye out for any future contests you may launch :)

Last edited:
•••
Thanks ancitis and J-man and scorpio.

Actually scorpio when I posted the enlarged detail view I mentioned your name next to mine and said that both of us do vector like the majority of namepros designers. My idea wasn't to teach you a lesson. I was simply telling that whether yours or mine is selected the contest holder will get a vector design that can be enlarged.

I generally like your style. I think your strong point is drawings and uniqueness and mine is colours and shine. I think we two have very different styles. You are a great designer to scorpio.

I first discovered vectors when I was learning flash and I loved it. In flash you can zoom in like you do in illustrator and the view doesn't get pixellated because both programs are vector based. Then I switched to photoshop and it was a huge disappointment for me. But when I started working in illustrator I thought I can do this kind of work for the rest of my life. I absolutely adore illustrator. Any logo designer should work in illustrator.
When I export from illustrator to photoshop I disable things like drop shadow and recreate them in photoshop because they arrive in photoshop as flat images.

As for the design, this will be on top of my design portfolio and I think it is the one of the best things I have ever designed.

•••
Congrats Erdinc - some great designs in this contest. Thanks also to deb for providing such good feedback, it's nice to see :)

thread closed

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back