IT.COM

Closed

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
I'm looking forward to hear what others think. What you like and what you don't like or what can be improved?
From the site design, logo, text, functionality, landing page, message, effectiveness etc...

Thnx

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sent you a message via website
After message sent i noticed you contact info like email etc at bottom of contact page is not showing proper on mobile above footer

•••
Sent you a message via website
After message sent i noticed you contact info like email etc at bottom of contact page is not showing proper on mobile above footer
Thanks very much! I received your email(via website)..
I will take a look at the contact page on mobile....

Also, when you get the chance, please take a look via your comp too.

•••
Looks great. Works well at all resolutions. I haven't tested the functionality yet, but design seems very nice!

•••
On each domain lander there is "current MINIMUM BID". You could use a condition to only show that if there is a bid.

•••
Not sure about the little gear icon next to the search box. It appears to just be a link to homepage. That might confuse people a bit.

•••
Looks great. Works well at all resolutions. I haven't tested the functionality yet, but design seems very nice!
Appreciate the feedback! I'll take note of the suggestions you shared.
For the minimum bid..it's actually shows a price if i set a minimum offer. So it's not necessary when someone bids. Maybe I should change the name to "minimum offer" or remove it ll together.

I'm even now thinking, a nice logo functionality could go there in the future?

•••
Good stuff!
Your site looks clean and fresh (although not sure about the slider in the footer).
The tag: <title>Gotbrands.com - Brandable Domain Names for Startups</title>
would probably be better for SEO benefits, like:
<title> Brandable Domain Names for Startups - GotBrands</title>
Are you going to add the submission part for others to sell, or are you keeping to your own stock?

Care to say more about the script?

Always nice to see more alternatives for domain sellers.

•••
Good stuff!
Your site looks clean and fresh (although not sure about the slider in the footer).
The tag: <title>Gotbrands.com - Brandable Domain Names for Startups</title>
would probably be better for SEO benefits, like:
<title> Brandable Domain Names for Startups - GotBrands</title>
Are you going to add the submission part for others to sell, or are you keeping to your own stock?

Care to say more about the script?

Always nice to see more alternatives for domain sellers.

Hi, and thanks for your valuable feedback. That's encouraging.

1. So use this: <title> Brandable Domain Names for Startups - GotBrands.com</title> Basically putting the site name at the end instead of the beginning.?
  2. Yeah, I'm not too crazy about the second slider either... I'm considering adding official logos in the slides when i can afford to. But I may scrap the slide all together and just lay the logos flat and neat but clickable?
  3. Selling: The site has that capability, but I'm starting out keeping my own stock, to see how well it does. Also, the back-end needs some cleaning up before i consider opening it up to others. I'm however, open to adding third party names myself, if someone asked me. Ofcourse the name has to fit the brand of the site and there would be a small agreed upon commission upon a sale. If you have feedback on this, please share.
  4. The script: Sure.. The software I'm using is well known among domainers. It's called: "smartscriptsolutions", however.. the design was done by me using photoshop and then given to a developer to implement. Much of the look/features like slider is custom. Back-end needs some work though. I choose the script because of it's potential to expand if needed.
I just wanted end-users to take me seriously and i hope this design and brand identity does the job well. Only time will tell.

I will forward my domains to the site soon. How long do you think i should give the site to determine if it's effective or not?

•••
How long do you think i should give the site to determine if it's effective or not?

It mostly depends on your site's reach.
This in turn depends (mainly) on how much money you (wisely) spend on promoting your site - press releases, paid posts, targeted site ads, etc.
Yes, it basically boils down to your budget, and any time frame depends on your (wise, again) spending...

•••
•••
Appreciate the feedback! I'll take note of the suggestions you shared.
For the minimum bid..it's actually shows a price if i set a minimum offer. So it's not necessary when someone bids. Maybe I should change the name to "minimum offer" or remove it ll together.

I'm even now thinking, a nice logo functionality could go there in the future?
It would be easy to only show minimum bid text if you set a minimum bid. Otherwise not show that text. Your dev should be able to do that in 2 seconds.

•••
It would be easy to only show minimum bid text if you set a minimum bid. Otherwise not show that text. Your dev should be able to do that in 2 seconds.
Appreciate it.. I'll send feedback to dev.

•••
Oh, I didn't recognized it - nice modification!
It was suggested in the NPs tread:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/domain-listing-selling-script.1002236/
where I'm looking for domain listing script.

Anyway, this particular script is too evolved for my needs; and too pricey.

Thank You! I understand.. Sometimes ,I do wonder if something simpler or less evolved would be better for me. But since i'm already invested in it, I'll see where it goes.

I'm following your thread; hope you find a good solution for your needs. Are you leaning towards anything so far?

Last edited:
•••
I would also adjust the bottom right hand menu where it says something like show more categories.

They can fix the css so it's not cut off on the bottom.

•••
•••
Yes.
I'm considering going with https://www.inkthemes.com/market/domain-names-sell-wordpress-theme/
It'll depend on the availability of people who can customize the theme.
I'm not sure, but assume that it is not encoded.
My first time hearing about inkthemes, but I like what i see so far with the theme. Some Customization should smooth out any ruff edges. I'm assuming that the displayed extensions can be substituted with any logo...

Best wishes to you.

•••
I'll offer a few comments after a run through GotBrands:

On the home page there is an orange box titled " recent sales " and at the bottom of the box is an option to " show more " or " show less" recent sales, however, when either option is engaged, just the same static seven sales are displayed, " no more" and " no less" change is presented;

On the Categories page is the list of 20 categories and also offers " show more " or " show less" options that do not change when engaged to " more categories " or " less categories" ;

There is a category titled " Latest Trends" and when that category is selected there are no
" Latest Trends" domain names displayed - IMO a branding name site should have some trend names displayed if presenting a trends category.

Overall a nice website in it's layout and design.

•••
Would be good to add logo in each domains in your :
SHOWCASE BRANDS
will be more attractive

•••
Would be good to add logo in each domains in your :
SHOWCASE BRANDS
will be more attractive
Thanks!

That is in the plans, once i have the funding.
Also, thinking of adding a text section before the "Showcase brands" area to tell more on what the site does/offers.

•••
the site looks professional but the grey color of top header doesnt match with blue color.

•••
the site looks professional but the grey color of top header doesnt match with blue color.
Thanks for feedback! You mean header as in the background where the logo is?

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back