IT.COM

advice Please Don't Contact Potential Buyers Like This!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I'm sure others have received messages like this in various places. I blanked out the name and email for privacy, that way (Since they might be a member here) they can anonymously receive constructive criticism without being publicly flogged by anyone.

If there is one thing my toddler taught me at his 3 years of age, it's "Always ask why and keep asking until they tell you or they walk away"! lol... Ya, picture a 3 year old asking why over and over a few times, then look at the screenshot:
interested-in-what.png

They never responded again.

Tip: If you can't give a brief overview of the reason you are contacting someone, wait until you can give a reason, instead of blankly tossing out phrases like "Very Important", "If interest contact me" or even "Please contact me".

Note: We were already in contact, in real time actually.

Opinion: If you are shy and email works better for you, just be honest about it, but also include a reason for me to want to contact you via email.

Assumption: I'm assuming it was domain related since they might be a member and show most interests in domain related events, groups, and memberships. Regardless what the end-message was they wanted to deliver, they lost the opportunity for beating around the bush and not being more outgoing and proactive in their initial contact.

At any rate. I just wanted to point out 1 way NOT to contact people to see if they will buy one of your domain assets.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I wonder if this is like a more interactive start to a nigera letter.

You could potentially have millions waiting for you in some deceased long lost relative's bank account. :xf.grin:

Happens all the time. I have loads of dead relatives everywhere.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back