Dynadot

status-monitor Place on NamePros to search recent site sales?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ddfenton

Established Member
Impact
I look at the auctions and I can't tell where the bids are and if there are any. Also the listings under make an offer, fixed price, etc. are hard to see what the success rate is. I look for something with a lot of replies and see up, up, up or bump - is boosting your listing considered a reply?
THANKS!!!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'd be interested too.

From what I see, this information is scattered and almost crypted. Of course, I'd love to have a searchable database. However I am not sure it would benefit the community as semi-confidentiality is often very important for domain transactions.

•••
Interesting suggestion, but not realistic, I'm afraid, because of confidentiality issues.

•••
It is almost useless to have such a database, because most public sales on NamePros are under $50 and much less. Even when something that was listed as "fixed price" is sold, you never know the real price because it could have been renegotiated. So, IMO, for statistics just use namebio.com and dnprice.es

•••
^^^

Yes, most often the domain name is removed or masked once a domain is sold here. Seeing "bump" or "up" is the OP (original poster) pushing the post to the top of the list in a section. This is allowed twice a day max every 12 hours.

Completed sales can be posted in the completed sales thread but isnt mandatory.

•••
Got it. But it would be nice to have an overall stat - anonymous - i.e 150 domain sales Feb - ranging form $1 to highest $1200 46.coms, 23 TLDs, 23 LLL, etc. Guess it would be too time consuming. But I keep reading that NamePros will fetch the best aftermarket price yet I don't see any evidence of that. I rolled the dice and put a decent name (that I was willing to take a loss on) on auction and honored the $1 bid which after PayPal charges came to .64 cents

•••
Thanks for your suggestions. We're looking into adding new features to help with all of this. :)

•••
It is almost useless to have such a database, because most public sales on NamePros are under $50 and much les

I am not too sure this is accurate. I suspect the vast majority of geo domains transactions are done outside public auctions. I also suspect it's the same for sales of 'quite interesting domains' (sold by direct approach or through brokers)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back