IT.COM

.co Pizza.co - Bargain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AlexD7

Established Member
Impact
So it went for $13,000. I'm not a fan of .co, but I can't help but think with typos that is a bargain. In my eyes, the sole purpose of that domain is just branding, exposure etc. 18,000,000 searches a year, maybe 5% miss of the "m" for .com. Even $100k for Dominos would be cheap.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The domain name selling world is quickly changing, too bad many will behave like real estate developers did in 06 and early 07 and they will be left holding the bag

13k for pizza.co is too much actually

•••
Care to elaborate?

If I owned Dominoes, I'd want that domain for brand exposure. It's not about the fact they have $100,000, it's the fact that domain is worth more to them than that. Even without touching that domain, it's going to get serious traffic.

•••
Care to elaborate?

If I owned Dominoes, I'd want that domain for brand exposure. It's not about the fact they have $100,000, it's the fact that domain is worth more to them than that. Even without touching that domain, it's going to get serious traffic.

All you will do is create brand exposure for the guy that has Pizza.com

IMO its 13k down the toilet!

Times are changing rapidly, the big domain brokering companies know it, the small guys with good names will learn the hard way.

•••
It sold for $15,000 3-4 years ago. So hard to say it was bought at bargain level. More that's its an attainable mega keyword domain. And pizza and company go together like pizza and beer. Goodluck new onwer and sorry to the old owner that lost $$$$

•••
I hold zero .co names (Indeed, I would have said I actually dislike them) so have no vested interest.

I do understand branding though - and to have Pizza.co stamped on everything to do with a pizza company is one very bIG step over the competition. And that's the same whether that pizza company is fighting its battle against the competition on a local regional, national or international level.

If $13k was indeed the price for such a step - it was bloody cheap.

•••
Yes, agreed there. Sorry to hear that.

Circumstance is a big thing. If you send it to a wholesale auction, then you can't expect a retail price. I wonder what Whisky.com would have achieved if it went to auction?

* Jimbo - me neither. It was more from the point of view that f 1.5m people type in per month, you expect some run off of those missing "m" and as a major firm, it's worth $100k in that respect. And as you say branding as "company".

As mentioned though, it's the right buyer & the seller wanting to hold out for that top price. You don't get top dollar from buying at auction today and selling tomorrow (usually!).

•••
I hold zero .co names (Indeed, I would have said I actually dislike them) so have no vested interest.

I do understand branding though - and to have Pizza.co stamped on everything to do with a pizza company is one very bIG step over the competition. And that's the same whether that pizza company is fighting its battle against the competition on a local regional, national or international level.

If $13k was indeed the price for such a step - it was bloody cheap.

For every one end consumer who will type in pizza.co because of those stamps on the boxes, a million will type pizza.com

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Yes, agreed there. Sorry to hear that.

Circumstance is a big thing. If you send it to a wholesale auction, then you can't expect a retail price. I wonder what Whisky.com would have achieved if it went to auction?

the word auction is a big word

if HA auctioned it it would of gotten max, after that NJ, after that SEDO and after that GD

HA is doing auctions now, think it ends in a few days, it will be another big indicator as to where things stand

For now, I get good laughs when people quote me their silly fantasy prices on their domains, I wait and either grab it when it drops or when they realize that they either sell now or keep on losing value.

The ones I feel bad for the most are those listing with a company that has a vested interested in keep domain prices high, we will all realize years from now how much of a disservice and con it all was.

•••
So you are seeing it from the wrong angle. My view is that this would get 50,000 type ins per month. I'm probably wrong. But if it does, $100,000 is a very cheap branding/brand exposure investment for large pizza chains.

I'm not saying brand the company .co, I'm saying pick up traffic.

I don't disagree with you on high prices etc. I'm just saying it's free traffic. I'm talking about this domain, not the domain industry.

•••
So you are seeing it from the wrong angle. My view is that this would get 50,000 type ins per month. I'm probably wrong. But if it does, $100,000 is a very cheap branding/brand exposure investment for large pizza chains.

I'm not saying brand the company .co, I'm saying pick up traffic.

I don't disagree with you on high prices etc. I'm just saying it's free traffic. I'm talking about this domain, not the domain industry.

anything not .com gets almost no typins

•••
Percentage wise I agree. But when it gets 18,000,000 searches a year? Like I say, I'm guessing...

•••
Pizza.co shows no Alexa ranking. I highly doubt it gets much type in traffic at all.
As an investor I would not pay anywhere near $13K for this.

I don't really see the benefit of a large well branded pizza company in owning this domain.
Why would they need or want it?

Brad

•••
Percentage wise I agree. But when it gets 18,000,000 searches a year? Like I say, I'm guessing...

You mentioned typo but pizza.com gets 1600 exact a year, so a very small percentage of that might type pizza.co. And major pizza companies are already branded.

•••
I highly doubt it gets much type in traffic at all

I would agree. Based on the first to own it was a group of investors in Colombia. Plus another owner in 2011. Between the two it's exceedingly unlikely that this domain wasn't tested for traffic and monetization. And if the numbers were even acceptable the domain would either not been sold or for a higher price.

•••
You mentioned typo but pizza.com gets 1600 exact a year, so a very small percentage of that might type pizza.co. And major pizza companies are already branded.

im scared hes the buyer :wave:

•••
It's not 1,600 per year, it's 8,100 per month global & that's for the exact domain "pizza.com".

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

im scared hes the buyer :wave:

Me, no. Not a fan of .co. But with this type of premium and at that price, I wouldn't mind it.

•••
It's not 1,600 per year, it's 8,100 per month global & that's for the exact domain "pizza.com".

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Me, no. Not a fan of .co. But with this type of premium and at that price, I wouldn't mind it.

give it a few months, the buyer might sell it for less

•••
Exactly. If you're trying to "flip" you'll be lucky to make much. I don't know, I don't like the .co either, but it's a big KW & I'd happily sit on it.

I think 95% of the domains I've been pm'd make no sense, or have under 1k search volume, & the owners want $5k :)

•••
Exactly. If you're trying to "flip" you'll be lucky to make much. I don't know, I don't like the .co either, but it's a big KW & I'd happily sit on it.

I think 95% of the domains I've been pm'd make no sense, or have under 1k search volume, & the owners want $5k :)

sit on it? why? do you purchase other random things just to sit on it?

•••
For fun obviously. Yes, lots of things. Mainly shiny ones.

•••
Pizza.co shows no Alexa ranking. I highly doubt it gets much type in traffic at all.
As an investor I would not pay anywhere near $13K for this.

I don't really see the benefit of a large well branded pizza company in owning this domain.
Why would they need or want it?

Brad

Pizza in Colombia perhaps? :P

•••
Just wondering if unlimited toppings would increase overall value

•••
All you will do is create brand exposure for the guy that has Pizza.com

IMO its 13k down the toilet!

Times are changing rapidly, the big domain brokering companies know it, the small guys with good names will learn the hard way.

pfff c'mon now.. this implies a zero sum game.

"all it would do" eh... the .com's success doesnt mean the other guys failure.

•••
people are not completely stupid, if you see pizza.co and it is offering something that grabs your attention you will remember the url, for a new company it is cheap branding, then throw in an app and you have all the toppings

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back