IT.COM

discuss Phygital Domain Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Rammbo

Blockchain DomainsTop Member
Impact
70ADC294-697E-42D2-AF59-74A9014ABF3A.jpeg
What does Phygital mean to you guys. My understanding is that it is combining the Physical and the Digital . It can be a product or an experience . The article above is a metaverse article that describes Phygital as bringing the digital into the physical. A few of my phygital domains are

PhygitalMarketer.com
PhygitalArtist.com
Phygital.Shopping
Phygital.cx
PhygitalPayments.com
And a few others

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I see in the picture that there is a TM sign behind phy-gital. That domain was once mine phy-gital.com and now it links to another old domain of mine. phygitalsolutions.com. lol But is phy-gital a TM now?

•••
•••
Morphygital.com - Taking Offers

•••
Interesting

Seems they are referring to "metaverse" as "phygital" in the article. Correct?

Would be nice to see more of this
The big change that is happening now in the world has brought forth a whole cluster of terms, many of them describing the same phenomena from different angles and having different connotations. E.g. metaverse, omniverse, multiverse - there's already some hierarchy of these concepts developed; phygital NFTs, asset-backed NFTs - at least these two phrases exist describing something non-existent just yesterday; phygital events/world/etc., hybrid events/world/etc/ - again the same thing expressed either in the new trendy or fold familiar yet more vague way (I even saw 'Liminal' term describing the same mixed real/virtual world example!). And so on. I think the cauldron of words will boil for a while until each of them takes its final place in our everyday's life. Yet indeed, it would be definitely great to see such term interchangeability samples gaining traction (hopefully :)).

Last edited:
•••
Phygital is growing, there's no doubt imo.

I have been following 'phygital' term since like 2016-17. At the time, it was almost exclusively related to the Phygital Marketing. Very narrow niche.
After all this crypto/nft/meta craziness I noticed that the trend is rising (fashion, art), but mostly outside US and mostly in France. Well, it sounds a little French to me :)

Now it is evidently trending all around the world.
If you had searched for that term on Twitter two-three months ago, there would have been only a few mentions a day. Now you need to scroll a lot to see all posts in the last 24h.
I noticed that Google search already suggests "phygital" when you start typing.

Unfortunately for me, I almost never speculate early with a bunch of hand-regs, mostly investing in "evergreen" domains.
Got some, but not killer .coms.

I see very very promising names here and wish good luck to all the owners!

•••
•••
Went with a Call-To-Action in dot com

WearPhygitals

•••
'Smart' should always work ;)
SmartPhygitals

•••
Last edited:
•••
Didn't know they were using this for NFTs as well - actually have looked through this a bit more and have found that these are also often called just 'physical'. So four synonyms for this kind of NFT: phygital, physical, hybrid, asset-backed.
💫
:xf.smile:
Glad my post was able to help!:)

I still think Phygital is the best term to use here. It's a funny word, but when I see or hear it, I know exactly what it's describing. Physical+Digital = Phygital

IMO

I also have Nifty/Phygital*(com) in my portfolio

Cheers!

•••
Glad my post was able to help!:)

I still think Phygital is the best term to use here. It's a funny word, but when I see or hear it, I know exactly what it's describing. Physical+Digital = Phygital

IMO

I also have Nifty/Phygital*(com) in my portfolio

Cheers!
I agree, also like Phygital way more - just need to remember we are all a bit biased here I guess :xf.wink:.

•••
Bekijk Uniqly.io - Phygital NFTs op Twitter. Platform for brands and artists to create, trade NFTs backed by real world assets. CEO: @Chris_perdek Telegram: https://no_url_shorteners/ptZnbJpqlT Discord: https://no_url_shorteners/KQCEZ0KmCP https://twitter.com/Uniqly_io?s=20

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
I note that media articles are increasingly using the term "phygital" to describe "physical + digital". It facilitates the adoption of the term in the general public and companies.

•••
What I've noticed, there are many news stories presented with the 'phygital' term in title or text; many brands, small and big - NFTs, good manufacurers, etc. - are being reported to do/create something phygital. However, if you follow to a website of some of those entities , the odds more are that won't find the word 'phygital' there. So this is the main milestone to pass - to see them acknowledging that media feedback and hype around this term and starting using it as the part of their products' story-lines, ads, packages. That's going to be that very same tipping point for Phygital I think. Or may be even just the time when they get close enough to this.

Last edited:
•••
BTW, have just noticed a cool thing. When clicking on search field with 'phygital', Google shows a couple of relevant suggestions at the bottom (although the first one is probably just due to the fact that it is owned by Meta - so Google maps 'phygital' to 'meta'):
1637956143315.png

Last edited:
•••
The dedicated article on one the major US-based marketing resources - although it's about the retail, it's still a very good sign in general in my opinion.

https://www.marketsource.com/2021/11/29/getting-phygital-right/

"I don’t usually embrace cute (and borderline corny) names like this, but in this case, it’s actually an accurate way to describe an important trend."
"Phygital is a cute name that sums up a concept that will shape the future of retail."
l really like that attitude! :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
Have just got the minimum offer for one of my 'phygital' names at Dan. Have rejected it. So the interest is growing.

•••
Have just got the minimum offer for one of my 'phygital' names at Dan. Have rejected it. So the interest is growing.
What was the name?

•••
•••
Back