IT.COM

Paypal sent money to GoDaddy even though I cancelled subscription

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I was subscribed to GoDaddy's "Auction Membership" which expired today. Auto renewal in GoDaddy was set to "OFF" and then to be safe I canceled this subscription". But after a couple of hours I received email from Paypal that they have sent amount to GoDaddy because I forgot to cancel it at Paypal end.

Now I can see the subscription at GoDaddy has been reactivated. I have now cancelled subscription at Paypal end but is there a way to end this active subscription at GoDaddy's end and get the amount back?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
its best ti contact gd about it... i know they offer refundsbon dn regs..up to 5 days

but not sure how this happened to u if u turned renewal off..cause everyone keeps active general paypal agreemwnt with gd..for domain regs or transfer etc... so u control what to renew on gd.. .not with paypal agreements... @Joe Styler

•••
According to GoDaddy TOS, if you cancel any annual service within 5 days then they refund the amount. I have deleted that auction service from my account so let's see when they refund it.

•••
good for you

except I'd like to know from @Joe Styler how its possible to turn off autorenewal for domain club or domains... and still be charged for it.. cause any of us who deal with godaddy at any level have active paypal agreements with gd.. so obviously this cannot mean that we'll be charged for thigns we turn off auto renew for... just because we have a general agreement active on paypal.

ty

•••
I don't know without knowing the exact details of the transaction. My guess would be it was a last minute change and it wasn't sent out to PayPal in time. I have never heard of someone being charged for something after they turned off the auto renewal. Maybe it wasn't confirmed etc. I really can't say unless I have the account info and have someone from the billing team review it. All I can say is I never heard of someone being charged for something they turned off the renewal on. Of course anything is possible when you are dealing with technology. I am sure we would make it right if there was an error.

•••
The product was listed on this page and the status was "Auto Renew On". When I clicked on that button it opened a new window where it said "Turn on auto renew" so I guess it was already turned off so I didn't do anything.

9d0Nlas.jpg

And on following page the status of that product was showing as "Expired"

deDpkMO.jpg

•••
If this is refundable as per Godaddy policy then yes. You can apply for a refund.

•••
I talked to GoDaddy support and they said refund will be sent in 5 to 7 days.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back