question PayPal payment on NamePros

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mohamed Ahmaid

Established Member
Impact
Hi all
Is it secure to accept Paypal payment for domain names on NamePros auctions
What if the buyer after pushing the name asked Paypal for refund?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Trade reviews need to trust a person . for high amount you can use escrow.com

•••
When doing business through PayPal, is good to do business with a NamePro's member that has good solid trade reviews.
Also, you should always send money as a purchase (Goods and Services), not Friends and Family.
If you want to add an extra layer of protection to your transaction, you can add this into your notation while sending the payment.

This transaction represents the service for the digital transfer of ownership of domain name _______.com.

No goods are present or sent and nothing was "shipped." No refunds are offered.

•••
My general rule of thumb is no transactions over $500 and the member must have 10 or more positive trader ratings.

•••
•••
PayPal protects both Buyer and the Seller. If the buyer, after receiving the domain name, files a dispute of non-receipt, you have the sufficient transfer emails from the Registrar that will protect you, you can produce these emails to Paypal, they will take these into consideration. So far, I have not come across a single incident where a Seller claims that he refunded the money as well as lost the domain name. I have been a PayPal member for years, and they have been very very fair in their investigations, be it buyer or seller.

Of course, there are other disadvantages with Paypal, like higher commissions they charge. We need to pay more than 5% as commission for all Receipts. This is very very disturbing for small traders, where their profits itself is not even 5% at all. PayPal should reduce the charges.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back