IT.COM

alert PayPal Chargeback Scam (Arunas Zygis / [email protected])

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

varmuk

Namox.comTop Member
Impact
dispute.jpg

I have sold two domain on 25 oct 2016 to a buyer here @ namepro .

@John Pem
Payment sent:
Customer Number: 140330781
[email protected]

Now on 30 Oct 2016 I have found a dispute [unauthorized transition] for the same payment, in paypal. The paypal account holder (Arunas Zygis) is saying some else has used his account without his permission. Buyer is not available here from last 24-48 hours,

Domain stolen >> "Xwire,com", "Ujvj.com"
paypal claim attached from [email protected] / [email protected]

Update on Mar 29, 2017:

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Here is what I have done for years and never an issue with 2 different scams tried. ( and I got the money back) Send it via merchandise/product sale, NOT FRIENDS & FAMILY add a note that states what domain it is for and that you both agree. After that make sure you choose the money out of your balance or bank. PERIOD! Not Credit Card.

If you use your balance or bank you can have PP work with you 100% as you will have buyers protection. They issue your account a refund and pull the balance out of the senders *linked bank account.
*THE KEY TO THIS IS NEVER SEND TO A NON VERIFIED ACCOUNT IF IT IS OVER $500.

You should also Have a Business Verified Paypal account this will go a long way with PayPal and your credibility.

yep nice tips
I also mentioned the only sure way is to have them pay using bank or balance

problem is if paid using balance paypal does not tell you in payment page and makes no distinctiction if paid using CC or balance.

it'll tell you if paid using bank though (only echeck.. cause sometimes bank payments can be instant too). so your kinda back to same problem: that paypal (to protect buyer they say) does not release in your payment info email/page the details about HOW it was paid.
ie: you won't really know if they paid using CC or balance etc.

any work arounds for that you have?

•••
Paypal gives you an option when paying that you can choose. If you have a balance it chooses that first or you can change it. So it will show your balance, current, then the deduction in you transactions.
Again if you have to use a cc that's another issue.
I only use linked bank account or balance.

Another option is to pp a friend a cc payment, he gets the cash right then and then sends it back to you. I have a personal acct. and business acct. so I can send to my business via personal cc payments so that the balance is enough to cover any purchases as it is cash right away.

•••
Paypal gives you an option when paying that you can choose. If you have a balance it chooses that first or you can change it. So it will show your balance, current, then the deduction in you transactions.
Again if you have to use a cc that's another issue.
I only use linked bank account or balance.

Another option is to pp a friend a cc payment, he gets the cash right then and then sends it back to you. I have a personal acct. and business acct. so I can send to my business via personal cc payments so that the balance is enough to cover any purchases as it is cash right away.

thanks I was not talking about the buyer perscpective.
I was asking you how to make sure that before you transfer ownership of domain to your buyer, you make sure he paid using pp balance or bank. cause like I Said, after you get paid, paypal has policy in place to not show to seller how the funds were paid or using which method.

I agree with what you said that requesting balance or bank payment from buyers is the ideal way to protect against chargebacks. however, this method does not work if you are not shown how buyer pays you.

cheers

•••
So as the domain seller, and contact is made between you (seller) and the buyer on a forum, via email or pm' write out the transaction details in full then send it to the buyer and ask him to agree to the terms.

When pushing the domain, do not be afraid to ask for account details of the register and save all of this info. I even ask them to send me their full name, phone, email and addy, plus account #. ( some people are lazy and say send me your acct. #. Or forum ID on dynadot) that works to transfer but does not protect you.
Now you will have proof if ever in dispute or if there is a charge back.

Anyone that does not comply I do not sell to, honest people will comply, it's the shady people that ask for small request that can be loop holes that get you.

Hope that helped.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I lost the case. i lost the domains. i also lost the money.

•••
Damn, this shows how paypal sucks big time, benefiting those assholes,this qualifies under the huge fraud your two 4L domains Xwir.com UJVJ.com literally stolen with fraud, @TheLegendaryJP please help if you can in any way in this.

•••
How can i appeal against their decision ? Anybody have any idea ?

•••
You have to follow seller protection as I posted.
As for what you can do about it, well, I know many things. File with ICANN.
Get a domain lawyer. File a small claims on them. Or before spending money on a lawyer check ticket prices. Go make a personal appearance at his home and work. ( that's the option I would choose) because it wouldn't be about the money anymore, it's about being a crook and I would clean him/them up quick.

Good luck.

•••
•••
I had sold a domain, and had it reversed using proof that It was mine, and that it was actual item they purchased. Not a service. The key is showing ownership prior to sale. Show you have sent the domain from your GD account. I have a email folder with all my 3200 domains I have and it has reg and exp info. You can download your list by going to your daddy account domains and download list.

This shows you are selling an Item.

•••
I had sold a domain, and had it reversed using proof that It was mine, and that it was actual item they purchased. Not a service. The key is showing ownership prior to sale. Show you have sent the domain from your GD account. I have a email folder with all my 3200 domains I have and it has reg and exp info. You can download your list by going to your daddy account domains and download list.

This shows you are selling an Item.
------
SOLD FROM GODADDY ?THEN IT WILL WORK
THIRD PARTY SELL, GODADDY HELPLESS
I HAVE PROVIDED GODADDY REPLY IN ONE OF MY COMMENT

•••
now it like domain theft...need help of domain theft expert.anybody ?

•••
I wish I could help in this case but not much I can do since they sided with the other guy(wrongfully of course). I can not lobby the rar's to cooperate based on that, sympathy unfortunately is not enough.

There is a lesson here, do not use paypal if you do not know or cannot trust the buyer/seller. I personally have used it but only with sellers I knew well or could physically reach out and touch if required.

Last edited:
•••
•••
You could have won this but PayPal already ruled in the buyers favor..
Next time just send them an invoice of the domains being sold and your terms, when buyer makes the payment. They've now made an informed decision and PayPal wont let them back out as long as you hold up your end of the deal. PayPal does not cover Buyer's Remorse..

•••
I think Paypal's new Buyers Rule affect all Honest sellers & Going to Born many scammers. Very bad and sad.news...:xf.frown::xf.cool:

•••
Use paypal for people you have built a relationship with and even then anything over a few hundred should be done with escrow.

Don't take the risk. Pay/Get paid with escrow.

•••
why do you guys still use paypal. it doesnt have protection for digital goods. anyone can chargeback with one click.

•••
why do you guys still use paypal. it doesnt have protection for digital goods. anyone can chargeback with one click.

Because of the network effect, almost everyone, especially on NP, has a Paypal account. If I didn't have one it would've cost me a ton in lost sales.

What do you use when buying or selling a domain for $20 with another domainer?

•••
when there are no funds in the sellers account
paypal will not refund you

even if you won the case

•••
obviously ,they won't make hole in their pocket :P

•••
•••
Why I only ever deal in escrow

•••
Why I only ever deal in escrow

escrow works good for higher transactions.. for purchase lower than $500 it's too much cost to pay escrow.

payoneer escrow works good also with smaller fee.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back