IT.COM

advice Part 11 - Portfolio Optimisation - Revenue Leakage

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Whizzbang

VIP Member
ParkLogic.com
Impact
Revenue leakage mostly occurs when you think a particular setting for your domain(s) is turned on and it’s not. From experience, we have found that it’s not untypical to find that between 10-15% of the potential revenue generated for a portfolio is actually lost due to mismanagement.

So before you go and try to squeeze another few percentage out of your parking partner or broker can I suggest that you get your own house in order first. If you do this then I guarantee that you’ll discover a significant jump in revenue.

Read more >

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
thats utter nonsense

I would appreciate if you could talk about solutions not about problems
and the solutions are not: use parklogic

yes of course that happens
but that's not a general issue of all domainers

and thats neither a cure for declining income from parking
nor the reason

that is not even helpful
as you are not dealing with idiots here

to me that happend only once
when I left parklogic
and was not fully aware
that I had to transfer my domains
back into my own account at each and every parking company
manually , myself

the solution:

get a database
don't use spreadsheets
use phpmyadmin to create a mysql database
thats easy

get custom nameservers like:

ns1.yourowndomain.com
ns2.yourowndomain.com

use them at all your domains

that allows you to just change IPs
not nameserves they always stay the same
so no error can happen
use only parking companies that supply you with an IP

I got IPs from:
sedo, parkingcrew, bodis, voodoo, rookmedia, nameapps

Last edited:
•••
Hey Frank - many thanks for your comments.
I will always pose the problem and sometimes due to the length of the article continue with the solution in the next....

Of course I'm going to suggest that ParkLogic is a solution - I'm one of the founders and my tag here even says I'm on staff. I make no apologies for that and I'm always upfront, open and honest on that point. Whether people try ParkLogic out or not is almost irrelevant.....the points do stand that managing domains is not trivial.

You're obviously technically proficient but let's imagine that you're just an investor wanting a ROI. 1. The first question they will as is nameserver? Let along setup one. BTW - due to DDOS attacks we have actually seen IPs provided by some parking solutions change.....got to watch that one.
2. phpmyadmin requires a level of sophistication and knowledge of SQL. You wouldn't want to do a query incorrectly and discover your database is toast......!
3. IP addresses are becoming few and far between and until IPV6 is fully adopted then I think we live in a world of diminishing IPs.

For many domain investors the solution IS to outsource the management.....this will be discussed in the next article. Maybe there is a great business opportunity for yourself to manage other investors domains?

For the record, I don't believe anyone here is an idiot and I endeavour to treat everyone the same and with the utmost respect.

•••
Personally, I am here to learn. ANY thread started by members are very much appreciated no matter how helpful it is. I find it a good practice to confirm anything you read and study up on it before drawing conclusions anyway. I completely understand anyone wanting to include their site / services in their thread, who cares if the person is trying to plug their business if they are also trying to help provide help to others?
Thanks whizzbang any insight is helpful...

•••
Personally, I am here to learn. ANY thread started by members are very much appreciated no matter how helpful it is. I find it a good practice to confirm anything you read and study up on it before drawing conclusions anyway. I completely understand anyone wanting to include their site / services in their thread, who cares if the person is trying to plug their business if they are also trying to help provide help to others?
Thanks whizzbang any insight is helpful...
I really appreciate your kind comment.....thank you!

•••
2016 was the year of domain portfolio managers....I wont list them all here since it is what we offer but we did see in the last 2 years at least 5 new services pop up.
Some better than others, but interestingly all have their strengths and focus.
Some are better at offer form and sales, other better at portfolio profit and loss info, others better at connecting information needed to manage your assets.

At the end of the day if you are an active domainer buying domains on different auction houses and private sales you will have a mess of different data that needs to be organized. you need to be able to see the following info for all your domains regardless of how you obtained them

1 Registrar (which reg house is your domain with?)
2. lock status (is your domain in a reg lock auction status or contact change status?)
3. expiration date (is your name set to autorenew and if so do you have an active card on file?)
4. whois contact info including email ( do you have your correct contact info related to the name)
5. name servers (where are you pointing your names)
6. offers (are you getting your offers and replying?)
7. how much raw traffic are you getting and how does that differ from what the ad networks are telling you?
8. is your domain banned from adsense? if so expect much lower payouts with services like zeropark

whatever your course of action hiring someone to manage or manage yourself these issues need to be addressed.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back